***February 2019***

I can't wait! We're headed to FL in just two days! And a week until we are at Disney! It's supposed to start raining here on Friday and not stop for...the rest of the 10-day forecast. Meanwhile at my mom's south of Tampa it's supposed to be 80 and sunny and looks similar in Orlando with a chance of rain. I'd actually prefer maybe a little bit of rain - one of our most magical Disney moments was a day at MK where it poured the entire afternoon, and as we were leaving at night they did the "Rainy Day Parade" and my then-2-year-old daughter thought Minnie had waved to her. She told everybody about it for months.

I think I have our ADRs set and I wish our Fastpasses were a little better but we booked pretty last-minute and we have the necessities (Spaceship Earth and Rapunzel and Minnie/Mickey meet for the kids) but I'm really hoping to pick up a SDMT before we get there, for myself.

So, we are 12 days away from our trip, 2/26-3/4. We are getting very excited to celebrate our 15th anniversary! We started planning late, mid-January, but ADRs are all set, and FP booked, still stalking for some. I even have a drawer in my dresser dedicated to Disney packing.

Although, I'm starting to panic about the crowds for the second half of our trip, 3/1 - 3/4. We don't subscribe to touring plans. I've checked out other sites and chose parks that are, in the green. Oh boy. Here's hoping for the best!

Every trip I stress about the weather and crowds and it always ends up fine and we have a great time. Every trip I remind myself this but still stress out anyway! We have 3 days left before we leave and I’m starting to pack. This is the most organized that I’ve ever been for a trip, just really anxious to start our vacation.

Last month we ended up adding a day to our trip and flying in a day early to avoid a snowstorm at home, worked out great :thumbsup2 We're supposed to have some flurries Monday morning but we don't leave until late afternoon so should be fine so far! Going to try starting to pack some things tonight, it's so much easier to pack when it's just DH and I and not the kids :goodvibes

My flight will be leaving in about 5 hours!!!!! The weather is looking beyond perfect! Checking into Kidani for our first 3 nights then switching to BLT for our next 3. My kids are so excited!

Crossing all crossables that the forecast starting on 2/24 improves. Next week looks amazing, but the following...not so much

Crossing all crossables that the forecast starting on 2/24 improves. Next week looks amazing, but the following...not so much

We're arriving 2-24 as well. Looks like standard Florida weather to me! We do have a dessert fireworks party reserved for 2-24, which looks to be the worst day of it, hopefully that doesn't get rained out. We did not pay for the covered seats.

I keep checking the weather. Just now getting on the 2 week forecast and temps are moderating. So hoping we get mid-70's and not mid-80's. Being from Seattle, I'm OK with the rain. Getting away from the snow here.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon! As long as our flight lands on time we'll probably head to Jock Lindsey's after we stop at our resort :goodvibes

We drive too. I told DH if it was even hinting about snowing we were heading out.

Driving did burn us though when we were in Disney while Florence decided to park herself over our home state of NC. We ended up staying a day later and still had to take an impossibly indirect route home to get around floods.

I wish we stayed like you but we left Disney early :( and drove back home. We also live in NC. We hit no traffic and the hurricane never caused any issue, which is a good thing. We are driving back down this week to make up for the Sept 2018 trip.

Just got back from my trip with my Mom--what an amazing trip! It was Mom's first time and we were celebrating her 60th birthday, and she got *so* much pixie dust. It was fantastic--she had a great time. :) We got an upgrade to club Level at Wilderness Lodge, and there were so many birthday desserts and wishes--what an amazing trip. :)

Edited to add shameless self-promotion: doing a TR if anyone wants to follow along!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/coooo-rrect-mom-daughter-do-wdw—a-feb-2019-tr.3735747/

Last edited:
Joining in as I just planned a super last minute solo trip for next week! I'll be at Pop on 2/24, and then OKW from 2/25-2/28. I have no FP's or ADR's, but my resort and flights are booked so I'm at least 50% done with my planning!
I haven't been during this time of year in a while. Does anyone know how long Princess marathon crowds will impact parks? I'm hoping to hit up the Festival of the Arts on Sunday before it ends,but that's about all I've got at this point!

Joining in as I just planned a super last minute solo trip for next week! I'll be at Pop on 2/24, and then OKW from 2/25-2/28. I have no FP's or ADR's, but my resort and flights are booked so I'm at least 50% done with my planning!
I haven't been during this time of year in a while. Does anyone know how long Princess marathon crowds will impact parks? I'm hoping to hit up the Festival of the Arts on Sunday before it ends,but that's about all I've got at this point!

We will be arriving at the WL this Saturday. We have been there for the Princess 1/2 marathon last year, too. It takes a while for the crowds to get to the parks on race day because of the traffic. I remember seeing lots of people wearing race shirts and medals, but I don't remember there being big crowds.

We will be taking the WL boat to MK on Sunday morning, race day. It is a good way to get to the park before the crowds can make it in around 11am. :)

3 days to go!!!!

But.... the weather forecast has changed and it's not going to be as warm and sunny as I had thought. :worried: But my fingers are crossed.

Yikes, I just booked a completely last minute trip for me and my DS (5) his first trip! My 3rd trip in 11 years. Its been 8 years since I've been to WDW. I am freaking out about the new fastpass process and my ADR (using DDP). I know he will have a great time anyway it goes but MAN - i am used to having 6+ months to agonize and plan for my reservations and park strategies.

Any advice for me??? I am booked 2/24 thru 3/2 at Pop flying in 2/23 for one night at ASMovies. Already grabbed some FP and all my dining reservations (although I feel it COULD be better :( )

Just checked weather, looks like we need to buy more then one set of rain ponchos. Guess we'll be taking an extra pair of shoes as well with more then one day of rain for our trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter