** February 2020 Check In **

Tennor

Mouseketeer
We booked our room at the Tropicana Inn and Suites today! I love the short, short walk to the esplanade. We'll be in the parks Tue-Friday, Feb 18-22.

Disneyland is always crowded, but I'm hoping Rise of the Resistance doesn't bring in crazy crowds. I'm hoping Disneyland doesn't do some big "off-season" promotion. I expect President's Day crowds to be there. But either way - we're excited!

Some of my questions:

1. I haven't seen Fantasmic in like 7 years. Hopefully, it will be running the Friday we are there. It's one of my favorite things ever.
2. Do we know what Parade or Fireworks will be going on around that time?

Yay!! You know your trip is getting a little closer, when there is a new thread for your month! Tennor, we stayed there our last trip and we really liked it, and yes it sure is close! They also have awesome pillows! Lol
We will be there from February 19 to the 28th, staying at Grand Legacy at the Park. We have the 2 room legacy suite and (hopefully adjoining) a 2 queen luxury room, both facing Disneyland. There will be 8 of us all together! During our time we will be celebrating our grand daughters 5th birthday with a trip to the bibbity bobbity botique and breakfast with Minnie, and our youngest daughters 27th birthday, she hasnt decided yet where she wants to have dinner but it will probably be Blue Bayou. Hubby and I have been Star Wars fans since seeing it back in 1977! So experiencing “Star Wars Land” is a dream come true! Our daughter and son in law are giving the grand kids fanny packs for christmas with matching t shirts, their tickets, pictures of the hotel, American money, etc we were originally booked to go at the end of next month, but our daughter was very ill, spent 3 weeks in the hospital! and had to take 2 and 1/2 months off work. So we are also celebrating her recovery.

We'll (my husband and I) be vacationing at DLR from February 22nd through 29th with park days on the 23rd, 25th, and 26th. I am also hoping that there's a *little* bit of a cushion between RotR opening and our visit, but I'm not holding my breath. I booked our dates assuming it would open later this year, but we know how that went.

We're staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn for the first time, which is pretty close to the Esplanade, so we're looking forward to shorter walks as we've only stayed at the Red Lion, PPH, and DLH previously.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and am anxiously awaiting seeing Galaxy's Edge, along with all of our other DLR favorites!

We will be there the 28th-March 6th. 15th anniversary and honeymoon in one. Without kids. Cant wait!!

I was wondering when a Feb 2020 check in would start.

We're going to be there 2/24-2/28, staying at the Tropicana.

This will be my almost 3 year old daughter's first Disney trip as well as the first time I'm doing Disney while expecting, so it is going to be quite the adventure for us.

I am coming as part of a big family trip on feb22-mar2nd staying at the Anaheim hotel. Super excited!!

I'm going the 12-14 with my spouse... we got the flex pass this year so I'm definitely crossing my fingers that we will be able to reserve the 14th, if not I guess we will probably do the void and medieval times or something for our anniversary. It will be our 25th anniversary that we are celebrating and the first time we've gone together to DL without kids and actually traveled for our anniversary. I'm both excited and apprehensive!

I’ll be there Feb 1-4 or 5, return date still up in the air. This is my annual adults only trip and I’m so excited. We’re staying at Dessert Inn and Suites again this year. I may also be there 2/28-3/2 waiting to see if my work conf in San Diego can last a day or two longer. Gonna get some use out of this new AP!

February really seems to be an adults trip month! Lol we have been twice now by ourselves in February 😊

My husband and I will be honeymooning at DLR Feb 5th- 10th. Then we head to Aulani! I am hoping there will be night time shows as well. I am also looking for a winter discount to come out! I stalk the Disneyland website. Lol.. I got the winter discount for Aulani added to me reservation so hoping for the same. WDW already posted their winter discount.. DLR is slower to post discount for non passholders it seems. I am looking to book maybe F! Or a WoC dinner package or both. sure hope they will be available.

We'll (my husband and I) be vacationing at DLR from February 22nd through 29th with park days on the 23rd, 25th, and 26th. I am also hoping that there's a *little* bit of a cushion between RotR opening and our visit, but I'm not holding my breath. I booked our dates assuming it would open later this year, but we know how that went.

We're staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn for the first time, which is pretty close to the Esplanade, so we're looking forward to shorter walks as we've only stayed at the Red Lion, PPH, and DLH previously.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and am anxiously awaiting seeing Galaxy's Edge, along with all of our other DLR favorites!
How did you like the DLH? I have never been to Disneyland, We go to WDW every other year, but we decided that for our honeymoon we would go to DLR and Aulani. I know that DLH is a little pricey, and to some they would feel that it isn't worth the price tag. However; this is a special trip and probably the one and only time we will ever hit the West Coast. Do you have any recommendations, on maybe requesting a building, or anything at all really.

How did you like the DLH? I have never been to Disneyland, We go to WDW every other year, but we decided that for our honeymoon we would go to DLR and Aulani. I know that DLH is a little pricey, and to some they would feel that it isn't worth the price tag. However; this is a special trip and probably the one and only time we will ever hit the West Coast. Do you have any recommendations, on maybe requesting a building, or anything at all really.

We loved it. We stayed in the Adventure Tower in a standard room facing the pool and really liked the location. The security checkpoint for DTD is steps outside that tower.

It's definitely a splurge and we did it for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Oh my gosh it is totally worth the money!! Hubby and I stayed there on our 30th anniversary! It is so romantic! We stayed there one time as well with our family including grandkids! We have stayed in the main tower where the lobby is, the Fantasy tower, and we stayed in the adventure tower. We prefered being in the main tower, up high, facing the pool! There is one tower, the Frontier tower which is a little further walk through the resort grounds which are so beautiful, that tower has some rooms with the only balconys at the hotel! Wandering the grounds looking at the pools and gardens, sitting by the outdoor fireplace, sitting on the terrace at Trader Sams with the tiki torches and Hawaiian music, its almost as good as being in Hawaii! I say do it for sure! Ask to face the pool on an upper floor. And congratulations!! 😊

We booked our room at the Tropicana Inn and Suites today! I love the short, short walk to the esplanade. We'll be in the parks Tue-Friday, Feb 18-22.

Disneyland is always crowded, but I'm hoping Rise of the Resistance doesn't bring in crazy crowds. I'm hoping Disneyland doesn't do some big "off-season" promotion. I expect President's Day crowds to be there. But either way - we're excited!

Some of my questions:

1. I haven't seen Fantasmic in like 7 years. Hopefully, it will be running the Friday we are there. It's one of my favorite things ever.
2. Do we know what Parade or Fireworks will be going on around that time?

We will be at the Tropicana for some of the same dates! Headed there Feb 16 - 22. So excited to be back at DL!! It will have been just about 5 years since our last trip to visit to DL. It will be me, my husband, our 2 sons (ages 9 and 11), my parents, my best friend, her boyfriend, and her 3 kids (ages 11, 10, 7). My best friend and her kids have never been to Disneyland. So excited! Hoping it is warm there too! We will be coming from freezing Boston in February, so it'll be warmer than here at least!

Update: changed from Tropicana to HoJo

Last edited:
Trip planned 2/26-3/1. Staying at DLH for the first time. We are out of state Flexpass AP's. Will hope to get the Sat and Sun while we are there. Will watch for 30 days out.

My 7 year old and I will be there Feb 7-9 with her dance studio. I’m very much looking forward to a trip just the two of us. This is also a week before her birthday. We went this same weekend 5 years ago when they were getting ready for the 60th. I’m hoping for less closures than that trip, but even so, it’ll be a fun time.

I have a DVC room for the 8th booked and waitlisted on the 7th. We got the dates well after the 7 month window. I’ve been stalking. I’m debating how much of a pain it would be to switch from PPH if the waitlist doesn’t come through. I’ve also got both nights booked at the Tropicana.

I was hoping a Feb 2020 checkin would start!

We will be there 2/1-2/7. I have a 9 yr old and 7 yr old. This is a complete surprise for the kids. If I can keep my mouth shut, they won't know until we're at the airport. This is also the first time my husband will be joining us for DL. He's not a Disney fan like the kids and I but he's starting to feel left out. We'll be at HOJO. We stayed there last time and the kids enjoyed it.

How exciting! I just received a email from my Disney Visa for 25% my stay at DLH! The CM hat answered the phone was so extremely awesome!! she told me that it was for new reservations so she was going to cancel my reservation I already had, book a new one transfer my deposit/payments and make sure I got the package with the 25% off and a free upgraded room! so awesome! I am so excited for this trip even more!!! LOVE DISNEY MAGIC!!!!
:smickey:

How much is it with discount? I'm just looking at DLH and seeing $660/nt not including parking ($25/day) for the cheapest option which from the description of amenities and photos seem very basic unless I'm missing something... is that really right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!