** February 2020 Check In **

How much is it with discount? I'm just looking at DLH and seeing $660/nt not including parking ($25/day) for the cheapest option which from the description of amenities and photos seem very basic unless I'm missing something... is that really right?
I got a King Deluxe room for $413 a night.

We will be there February 13th - 17th!!! We went this same weekend last year. It was busy but we always rope drop and use max pass and had a great time! Staying and the Fairfield Inn.

Currently targeting the last weekend of February since that's when Food and Wine in DCA starts.

I don't want to jinx it but our plan is February 25 to March 1. Might shorten it by a day is they have a big event for Leap Day. My husband isn't a DLR fan so it would make it so much worse if there was a big, crowded event.

We are planning to be at DLR 2/28-3/2! It's a random school 4 day weekend for us, so we thought it would be the only time we could go without facing enormous crowds with other school-age children. Our kids are 8 and 12 and we're staying at Hyatt Place. I'm super excited already!

Fiance and I are returned back to DLR Feb 13th - Feb 18th! We're from New Jersey so we're looking forward to a long trip. We're staying at Best Western Park Place Inn - couldn't be more excited!

We're also planning to do our engagement photo shoot on Valentine's Day in the parks 😍💑

My constant stalking of the DVC site paid off and I snagged a studio for 2/7! I have A 1BR booked for 2/8. I’m hoping for the miracle of another studio opening for that day, but for now I’m thrilled to have both nights at Grand Cal!

our dates are 5th Feb to 12th, staying at the DLH in their 2 bedroom accessible suite.. very excited this is our first time staying onsite.. celebrating my husbands 60th and my sons 15th birthdays .. My husband has ALS and this will be our last Disney trip as a family, so its a big surprise to him that my sister is flying in from Australia and over the week we are there different friends will be joining us to help celebrate. its a bitter sweet trip already and we haven't even left the ground..

our dates are 5th Feb to 12th, staying at the DLH in their 2 bedroom accessible suite.. very excited this is our first time staying onsite.. celebrating my husbands 60th and my sons 15th birthdays .. My husband has ALS and this will be our last Disney trip as a family, so its a big surprise to him that my sister is flying in from Australia and over the week we are there different friends will be joining us to help celebrate. its a bitter sweet trip already and we haven't even left the ground..

I hope your trip is great.

Anyone else feeling a little bit worried about the effect RotR opening will have on crowds?

My husband, adult daughter and I will be at DLR February 23 - March 1. My husband and I haven't been to DL in over 10 years and are looking forward to SWGE and Cars Land. We are splurging and staying at the Grand Californian using the military salute discount. It's the first time we've stayed there. We stayed at PPH on our past visits and are looking forward to being a little closer to the parks.

82 Days ya'll 82 days!!!

I know that DLR isn't like WDW, so I am having some "planning" withdrawal. If that even makes sense!! I am so used to planning out my days for WDW, making dining reservations, fast passes.. I don't know what to do with myself. I am waiting on that 60 days out to book some dining packages hopefully. I've never been to DLR, and I so want to makes all these plans like I do for WDW every time we go.. it's so much more relaxing knowing I don't have to make so many advance plans, yet frustrating at the same time, because I feel like I'm not doing anything.. WDW goers might understand this feeling.. but.. secretly.. I sooooo enjoy all the planning that WDW offers (requires.. lol)
:goofy:

In what may have been a stroke of insanity, we've booked a babymoon at Disneyland Feb 17-21. I'll be 28 weeks pregnant so I may regret the decision, but I think we might rent me a scooter thing so that will help a lot. I haven't "popped" so I'm not uncomfortable yet LOL. My first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect!

We're staying at Tropicana and not renting a car. I feel a bit bad for my husband, our 10 year old daughter (who is adopted, hence this being my first pregnancy!) doesn't like any fast rides and they'll be off limits to me! I might see about star tours though, as it is my fave. Sad I'll miss out on GOTG but other than that, I'm looking forward to a relaxed trip with the slow, easy going rides!

I know that DLR isn't like WDW, so I am having some "planning" withdrawal. If that even makes sense!!

It makes complete sense. I've always found that the build-up to a vacation is as much a part of it as the vacation itself. And the planning is a huge part of that.

But you can plan for Disneyland. It's just a different kind of planning. And, at least for me, it's a more enjoyable kind of planning, and the end-experience is more enjoyable, too. The way I see it, WDW is for scripters while DLR is for preppers (well, not that kind of preppers).

What I mean is that for WDW, you book your FastPasses, you book your dining reservations, you get all of that major stuff all blocked out. The rest of it kind of settles into the spaces in between. And when you show up, you just follow your script.

You can't do that (at least not to the degree) at DLR. But instead, you can prep. For instance, I would do everything you can to know MaxPass inside and out. Read @Skyegirl1999's excellent post at the beginning of the MaxPass/FastPass Superthread carefully. Digest everything she has to say. Then read through the entire thread. Make sure you have a grasp, not just on how to use the app, but on the strategies to get the most out of it.

Then when we're at DLR, you're following a strategy, not a script, because that's what you planned. You're taking things as they come, making decisions, taking advantage of opportunities, and getting more out of the trip.

Feb 28th-march 4th(home) we have our trip ready to go. And at least we get to see the food and wine festival.

Got a sale for flights, we are all set! Looking back at pictures of previous trips in February and how much hot sunny weather we had, I am praying for the same! It was fairly challenging arranging hotel rooms and flights for so many of us!

The hotel is finally booked and plane tickets are on hold, so it looks like my family is visiting Disneyland in the second week of February! We’re going as six adults and four kids, ages range from 11 months to mid-60s. This’ll be my family’s first big trip with most of my nieces and nephews so hopefully it won’t be too overwhelming.

Originally, I thought it would be just me and two or three more adults. I got a tour of Disney Studios through Disney Movie Rewards and wanted to go during one of Disneyland’s slower months. Because of that, I assumed no one would be willing to pull the oldest kiddos out of school for a week, especially since they weren’t old enough to go on the tour. Clearly I was wrong.

I was really hoping that Rise of the Resistance would’ve been open by now so I’m a little bummed that the crowds won’t be as low as I’d hoped. I’m also not looking forward to the possible rainy weather I keep hearing about. On the other hand, spending a week at Disney instead of work is always a win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!