** February 2020 Check In **

Lots of news today which I expect to impact my February trip. Snow White refurb article says enjoy it now through Jan 6, 2020. So guessing that means refurb starts on Jan 7? Probably closed February then.

Also, Disney Afterhours Sweethearts’ Night In DL on Feb 12 and 13. Mixing begins at 6pm and event 9pm to 1am. So I guess expect early DL closing time for those not attending.

We'll be there February 3-7. Our school district in Texas is off that week, and hoping it will be less busy than Spring break would be. Not 100% where we'll be staying, but we're tentatively booked at the Embassy Suites.

Feb 17-19! I am going for my birthday and a Jason Mraz concert in SanDiego the night before!

Lots of news today which I expect to impact my February trip. Snow White refurb article says enjoy it now through Jan 6, 2020. So guessing that means refurb starts on Jan 7? Probably closed February then.

Also, Disney Afterhours Sweethearts’ Night In DL on Feb 12 and 13. Mixing begins at 6pm and event 9pm to 1am. So I guess expect early DL closing time for those not attending.

Oh no--our one DL day is Feb. 12. What time do you think Disneyland will close for regular visitors that day? (For reference, last year DL was open 9am - 9pm that day.)

3 more days until I can grab my dining reservations!! Hoping to get F! and WoC. Anyone know if they have the dessert party for WoC in Feb?

I'm going to have to alter my upcoming trip to shorten it due to family health issues that we recently learned about, but we'll still do 3 days in the parks, just no break day like I had originally planned and we'll visit the LaBrea Tar Pits another time (we don't live so far from LA that we can't do this anytime on a weekend, really).

3 more days until I can grab my dining reservations!! Hoping to get F! and WoC. Anyone know if they have the dessert party for WoC in Feb?

I haven’t heard anything about them not doing the WOC dessert party in February. I start booking tomorrow! I’m wanting to grab F! RBT and the WOC dessert party on a different night.

Oh no--our one DL day is Feb. 12. What time do you think Disneyland will close for regular visitors that day? (For reference, last year DL was open 9am - 9pm that day.)
I might guess DL will close at 8 pm, at the earliest, to give non-special event guests an hour to shop on Main Street and to leave the park by 9 pm. DL can't close any later than 9 pm since that's when the After Hours event begins. Expect the mix-in hours (6-9) to be busier as the After Hours guests arrive.

Did you guys see the “months long Haunted Mansion closure” starting in January? I hope they don’t wall off the park and close that down and everything past it (Im assuming Splash will be closed too, but will be happy if I’m wrong.) We went in Feb 2015 and it was like that (as well as walled off closing off everything between Grizzly and Soarin and the front of the park). The land closures made it feel really crowded- moreso than just the lack of rides.

Hi everyone!
This is not a post I was expecting to make - AT ALL! My partner has very kindly given me my Christmas gift early - we’re going to Disneyland!

This will be my second trip to OG Disneyland and my second trip in February (seeing some faces from last year like @Erin M)

Gutted that IJA AND HM are both out of the question I just hope it means that they won’t be closing much more than that as it’s already quite a lot. We will be there from Feb 25 to Feb 28. Weekdays meaning early closure and no Fantasmic! which sucks but I suppose Disneyland with closures is better than no Disneyland at all!

I’m a weekly Disneyland Paris visitor and I usually don’t care about the rides here but the rides in Disneyland are so good!!! I just hope ROTR won’t be super crazy and I’ll be able to get on it a few times!

Anyone else feeling a little bit worried about the effect RotR opening will have on crowds?
I’m hoping the hardcore fans will have done WDW in these next month or two and by the time DL opens although will be busy , won’t draw the same crowds at this time Of the year . Lot of west coast won’t be in midwinter break till late Feb So hoping they won’t take their kids outs that close to a break !

We will be there Feb 14-17th for our annual birthday trip for our son. We will be at the VGC (home).
Mike

I didn't see where the Indy closure dates were announced... Did they release that and Snow White? Really bummed about HM - I was hoping we'd miss the closures on these two!

I didn't see where the Indy closure dates were announced... Did they release that and Snow White? Really bummed about HM - I was hoping we'd miss the closures on these two!
I havent seen Indy dates but did see Snow White is closed in January on the DL calendar. I’m figuring is going to be a multi month closure, but haven’t seen officially when it reopens

Did you guys see the “months long Haunted Mansion closure” starting in January? I hope they don’t wall off the park and close that down and everything past it (Im assuming Splash will be closed too, but will be happy if I’m wrong.) We went in Feb 2015 and it was like that (as well as walled off closing off everything between Grizzly and Soarin and the front of the park). The land closures made it feel really crowded- moreso than just the lack of rides.

I did see that and we're a little bummed about it, but we'll survive. My husband surely does love HM, though.

I finally get to go back. Its been two years and I am having DL withdrawals. My DD is part of a theater group who is going to DL Feb 19-23. I get to chaperone. Best part is that when the kids are in their group classes the chaperones have free time in the parks :cool1:

Between Haunted mansion going down, Snow white too, possibly Indy, probably Grizzly river and Splash mtn, no parades until feb 28, no fireworks week nights, I am going to look into changing our hotel and flights. The Haunted mansion being closed is just killing us! But all the rest too!!! thats just waaaaay too much. I Already checked and our hotels available in April for the same good price and air fares are actually about $50 cheaper, which would cancel out the change fee! I have some serious work to do tomorrow!

Going this time of year is always a gamble concerning refurbs, but I've never felt too disappointed in the offerings, tbh. With us not having visited Galaxy's Edge yet, I feel ok about it, though we'll miss HM and Indy (maybe) during our next trip.

Going this time of year is always a gamble concerning refurbs, but I've never felt too disappointed in the offerings, tbh. With us not having visited Galaxy's Edge yet, I feel ok about it, though we'll miss HM and Indy (maybe) during our next trip.
Exactly! I looked back at pics of our 2 previous february trips, and even though some things were closed we still had such a good time! And being ablevto pretty much walk on all the rides at one time or another is awesome! And yes, a whole new land and 2 new major awesome rides to experience!! Heck we would pay to go just for that, if it was opened somewhere on its own outside of disneyland!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!