** February 2020 Check In **

Exactly! I looked back at pics of our 2 previous february trips, and even though some things were closed we still had such a good time! And being ablevto pretty much walk on all the rides at one time or another is awesome! And yes, a whole new land and 2 new major awesome rides to experience!! Heck we would pay to go just for that, if it was opened somewhere on its own outside of disneyland!!!

I totally agree!

My husband and I are going Feb 8-12 without the kids! This is the first time that it will be just the 2 of us since our honeymoon and we've been married 29 years. We are flex pass holders and this is our 3rd trip since purchasing them. We're excited to just soak it all in and not rush from ride to ride. We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn.

My husband and I are going Feb 8-12 without the kids! This is the first time that it will be just the 2 of us since our honeymoon and we've been married 29 years. We are flex pass holders and this is our 3rd trip since purchasing them. We're excited to just soak it all in and not rush from ride to ride. We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn.

This is also our first trip without the kids... we've only been married for 25 years, but have been together for 29 and known each other for 30 (love at first sight!)... and this will also be our third trip with the flex pass! We were really excited about it but becoming more and more less so as we find out more and more of our favorites that won't be operating during that time. I'm really hoping that doesn't mean it will be low crowds with LONG waits. We also went ahead and got After Dark tickets, but that was before we found out about the refurbs... we were really looking forward to Haunted Mansion which our kids are less fond of but we love and haven't been able to see without the Holiday overlay in 20 years. I'm sure we will be back again when it's open, but with the kids we might not get to ride together or over and over again like we were hoping to do at the After Dark party... it was pretty much the main reason I got the tickets so especially gut wrenching that DL didn't announce the refurb sooner, urgh! We are staying at the Camelot Inn and Suites... this will also be our first time without a car, so being across the street will be nice I hope! I was looking at Courtyard, but all their rooms have bunkbeds in them and when I was checking out the rooms online I kept thinking, oh, that would be perfect for my boys and I definitely do not want to be thinking how much fun it would be to have my kids along for our anniversary, heh. I'm looking forward to not having to lug around a ton of stuff for the kids "just in case"... we have four and have never brought a stroller, I hate those things, ha!, so if you happen to see a couple literally bouncing up and down around the parks while you are there it might just be us appreciating what it's like not being weighed down from carrying tired kids counterbalanced by heavy backpacks.

We went in Feb 2015 (I believe it was around the 10th, not Pres or Vday weekend, my daughters 3rd birthday was the 15th and it was about a week before that) and there were a ton of closures!
Pooh
Splash Mt
Canoes
All of Critter Country (shops, restaurants)
Peter Pan
Matterhorn
Railroad
Castle under a tarp, not only unattractive, but you couldn’t walk through it to get to Fantasyland, announced about two weeks beforehand

Soarin
Grizzly
All of the shops and restaurants in that area, walled off between Grand Cal and front hub so you had to walk around
Redwood Creek
Flying Tires (now Luigi’s dancing cars)
World of Color
Ariel’s Grotto (now Lamplight Lounge)
Lagoon was drained

I’m not going to lie, so many closures made it feel crowded. I specifically remember a 45 minute wait for Jungle Cruise at 10:30AM on a Tuesday. But, we still had a fabulous time and many memories were made. But I dont blame anyone for changing their plans. We are going with my daughters dance group, but as a family we decided June isn’t any more crowded and everything is open!

Count me in😁 We are heading back to the Magic February 16-23. This will be our 5th February trip. It is my favorite time to go. Yes there are closures but we never have a problem filling our days.

We went in Feb 2015 (I believe it was around the 10th, not Pres or Vday weekend, my daughters 3rd birthday was the 15th and it was about a week before that) and there were a ton of closures!
Pooh
Splash Mt
Canoes
All of Critter Country (shops, restaurants)
Peter Pan
Matterhorn
Railroad
Castle under a tarp, not only unattractive, but you couldn’t walk through it to get to Fantasyland, announced about two weeks beforehand

Soarin
Grizzly
All of the shops and restaurants in that area, walled off between Grand Cal and front hub so you had to walk around
Redwood Creek
Flying Tires (now Luigi’s dancing cars)
World of Color
Ariel’s Grotto (now Lamplight Lounge)
Lagoon was drained

I’m not going to lie, so many closures made it feel crowded. I specifically remember a 45 minute wait for Jungle Cruise at 10:30AM on a Tuesday. But, we still had a fabulous time and many memories were made. But I dont blame anyone for changing their plans. We are going with my daughters dance group, but as a family we decided June isn’t any more crowded and everything is open!
We were there then! And yes it was so bad I wrote an email to complain. I kept looking for a reply but got nothing. BUT ... when we got home there was a message waiting on our answer service, from a woman who aplogised and said there would be something waiting at guest services for us. Argh! Lol I plan on calling her back this week to express my concern over this February, and ask if our something special is still waiting for us lol! I didnt think to check for our christmas trip in 2017!

What time can you log on to make dining reservations 60 days ahead? My 60 days starts on Weds 12/18 I believe. Thanks!

My BF and I are spending 2 days at DL in February as part of a bigger CA trip, to celebrate our anniversary, and I just found out Haunted Mansion is going to be closed and I am SO SAD. It's one of our WDW faves, and I've never been to DL and was so looking forward to seeing it. :(

We'll obviously still have a good time, it just sucks to start the trip with this kind of bummer. Hoping we can get onto Resistance and make up for it.

I didn't see where the Indy closure dates were announced... Did they release that and Snow White? Really bummed about HM - I was hoping we'd miss the closures on these two!

The 25th anniversary of Indy is March 3rd, I would be surprised if it wasnt back up by then. Although, they may wait until after that to take it down.

I made my reservation for Blue Bayou lunch yesterday! So excited to tell the kiddos soon! There's a part of me that's really hoping the upside to the multiple refurbishments is going to be lower crowds... REALLY hoping that's the case :) Either way it will be amazing.

We will be making our first trip to DL Feb 16-21. Staying off-site at the Fairfield. Being our first trip I want to make sure we have enough time to do everything and some things a few times so I was thinking about getting a 5-day park hopper with max pass. It will be DH, DW, DS 13 and DD 11. Is that too much time in the park? Not sure when we will be able to get back to DL living on the east coast?

We will be making our first trip to DL Feb 16-21. Staying off-site at the Fairfield. Being our first trip I want to make sure we have enough time to do everything and some things a few times so I was thinking about getting a 5-day park hopper with max pass. It will be DH, DW, DS 13 and DD 11. Is that too much time in the park? Not sure when we will be able to get back to DL living on the east coast?
That will be plenty of time to repeat, see smaller attractions and not feel rushed. You could probably skip the park hopper option if looking to save a little and do two days each park and then choose your last day, but the park hopper gives you more flexibility.

Being our first trip I want to make sure we have enough time to do everything and some things a few times so I was thinking about getting a 5-day park hopper with max pass. It will be DH, DW, DS 13 and DD 11. Is that too much time in the park?

I don’t think that’s too much time, especially if you’ve never been. Even when we had APs and were going to the parks a few times a year we would stay about 5 days per visit when possible. You’ll get to do everything and won’t feel rushed. For longer visits we usually take one morning off to rest and enjoy the pool (if warm enough).

I'm going 2/1 & 2/2 for the Wedding Showcase on the 1st. and hopefully staying at the DLH. We have the reservation but with the new ride opening, so it's super expensive. My BFF, her daughters and my daughter are all on this trip with me. I'm taking my daughter's Senior photos during our visit! Can't wait for that :) I'm also wedding photographer -- the reason for my visit to the showcase (not getting married.....my husband and I have 31 yrs together ❤️ but a renewal someday would be amazing!)

So my trip is getting closer!! We leave on Feb 5th. We are flying into LAX. I had made reservations on the Magical Express, but they are going out of business as of Jan, 7th. So I now need another form of transportation. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a car service, do you think that a Lyft will be out best bet? I'm not too concerned for time when we arrive, but when we leave I am on a time crunch, because we have a 10:45 am flight to HNL, so I of course don't want to miss that. Do you think a Lyft would be an okay choice at say 7:00 am, heading to LAX? We have never been to CA, so I don't know what traffic looks like or how the Airport might be, it will be a Monday Morning.

Traffic will be super busy at that time in the morning but barring a big accident, which can happen any time of day, you should be fine leaving Anaheim at 7 for a 10:45 flight.

On a side note.. During our stay at DLR the Lunar New year will be taking place. How are crowds and events for this particular event? I had no idea that this event would be going on. Not that it would make me change my plans or anything, I just want to be mentally prepared. We will be at DLR from 2/5-2/10.

We'll be there February 2-8th. Our school district (Humble, Tx.) has that week off. We'll be doing DL on the 3rd, Universal on the 4th, DCA on the 5th, beach day on the 6th, and DL again on the 7th. Most people from our area head off to WDW during school breaks, but we prefer California. Staying at the Embassy Suites (we prefer staying off site and don't mind being a couple of miles away.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter