** February 2020 Check In **

We'll be there February 2-8th. Our school district (Humble, Tx.) has that week off. We'll be doing DL on the 3rd, Universal on the 4th, DCA on the 5th, beach day on the 6th, and DL again on the 7th. Most people from our area head off to WDW during school breaks, but we prefer California. Staying at the Embassy Suites (we prefer staying off site and don't mind being a couple of miles away.

Hi! I’m in Conroe and we’ll be there the 1st through the 7th. I’m surprised to hear Humble is out that week.

I might guess DL will close at 8 pm, at the earliest, to give non-special event guests an hour to shop on Main Street and to leave the park by 9 pm. DL can't close any later than 9 pm since that's when the After Hours event begins. Expect the mix-in hours (6-9) to be busier as the After Hours guests arrive.

The hours are posted now for the two Disneyland After Dark days in February, and it's actually pretty good news. You were right about DL closing at 8pm for regular visitors, but they are opening an hour earlier than usual (for a February weekday), at 8am. And DCA is staying open a couple hours later than usual for both days, at 10pm.

Hi! I’m in Conroe and we’ll be there the 1st through the 7th. I’m surprised to hear Humble is out that week.

Yeah, it's a new schedule that they started this year at Humble ISD. Instead of going back the 4th week of August, the kids went back 2 weeks earlier, and they got a whole week in October, and another whole week in February, so basically, you start school the second week of August, you have 6 weeks of school, then get a week off in October, you have another 6 weeks of school, then get the week off for Thanksgiving, then only a few more weeks back at school, then the 2 weeks for Christmas, go back to school for 3 weeks, then you get the week off in February, then a month later, you get Spring break, then you have to get through that last stretch of April and May, and then school is out for Summer. My husband is a 2nd grade teacher in the district, and it's made such a positive difference for both teachers and students. For people who prefer to travel/vacation in the off season, it's a major bonus. I hate going anywhere during the Summer because of the crowds and heat, so instead, we'll stay local during the Summer and take our trips in October and February.

I believe New Caney ISD follows a similar schedule, so, since it seems to be received quite well, maybe the surrounding districts will follow suit.

Have fun! Maybe we'll run into each other, I'll be wearing my Texans and Astros gear! (I had special Astros Mickey ears made)!

Made a few reservations!! I am getting more excited now! We land in LAX at 9:00 am on a Wednesday, made a reservation for WoC dessert party at 8:15 PM. Super excited for that!! Thursday night I snagged a late dinner reservation for Steakhouse 55. I decided that since we are on our honeymoon, I didn't want to make us have to be on time schedules like when we go to WDW, so I opted to book our character breakfast on our last full day, and F! dinner package at RBT as well. I did get an upgraded package for F!. I read some of the reviews about not being a great view in the back and what not, so I am planning to get there as early as they will allow and hope that we can get a front table. My husband has back issues so sitting on the ground was out of the question for us. Although I really wanted to do the BB dinner package and get that seat cushion.. LOL.. Super excited for it all!! Cant wait!! only 32 more days!!!

Last week of February (that first week was packed with all the convention goers!).

Staying at the best western on harbor!

I noticed a couple people on this thread mentioned that Leap Day may be busy. (I am planning on that being my first park day) So, I'm wondering, is that because Food & Wine opens the day before, or are they doing something special for Leap Day that I'm not aware of?

What is going on the third week of February? Disneyland 8-11 everyday? Fireworks every night.😮That is not typical for this time of year.

Looks like many school districts have the week off. "Ski Week" some call it. It's the week I'm going...and I was shocked to see the hours. I'm confident that after noon each day it's gonna be packed.

What is going on the third week of February? Disneyland 8-11 everyday? Fireworks every night.😮That is not typical for this time of year.

The third week of February is President's Day week. We live in Western NY and are in California that week because the kids have a week vacation from school. We'll be at Disneyland on the Friday (21st) for a single day.

I mentioned this on another thread but this is a common week off in NorCal where we live. I believe Seattle also gets this week off since we always see lots of Seahawks jerseys when we visit that week! And I know some east coast schools are off too.

At least it sounds like they are going to be prepared for crowds this year, when we’ve gone this week in the past they have had limited hours and weren’t running at full capacity, and it felt crazy busy. We will be there again this year but if I wasn’t limited by DD’s school schedule I would certainly pick another week.

I mentioned this on another thread but this is a common week off in NorCal where we live. I believe Seattle also gets this week off since we always see lots of Seahawks jerseys when we visit that week! And I know some east coast schools are off too.

At least it sounds like they are going to be prepared for crowds this year, when we’ve gone this week in the past they have had limited hours and weren’t running at full capacity, and it felt crazy busy. We will be there again this year but if I wasn’t limited by DD’s school schedule I would certainly pick another week.
We always go when the refurbs are happening. Usually during President's day week and I have never seen extended hours with the exception of Presidents day. Me thinks something is going on....🤔

Hmmm , this one is one I have not heard of -
Just saw on the Disneyland Schedule that Jessies Critter Carousel will be closing for refurb starting on Monday , February 24th .

We are not going until the first week of March, but I would have to guess it will still be closed the entire last week of February, and into March perhaps.

Thats both Carousels down at the same time now !

We will be traveling the 3rd week in Feb. New York City schools are closed that week. Seems like its going to be a busy week

We will be at Disney Grand Cal. from the 23 to 28th. our first trip to DL. looking forward to it.

I noticed a couple people on this thread mentioned that Leap Day may be busy. (I am planning on that being my first park day) So, I'm wondering, is that because Food & Wine opens the day before, or are they doing something special for Leap Day that I'm not aware of?

New parade starts on Friday the 28th

Yay! When I see the check in thread for my month I get so excited! DH and I will be staying at DLH Feb 3rd-7th. We originally were going to celebrate our anniversary, and then I became pregnant with our first! So this will be a celebration/babymoon for us as I'll be 17 weeks. We will be taking announcement pictures at the wishing well where DH proposed years ago. :love:I'm a little bummed about HM and Snow White since those are some of the rides I can actually do. Anyone have any intel on Rise of the Resistance?? I hear the drops are comparable to Pirates.

So excited!

Yay! When I see the check in thread for my month I get so excited! DH and I will be staying at DLH Feb 3rd-7th. We originally were going to celebrate our anniversary, and then I became pregnant with our first! So this will be a celebration/babymoon for us as I'll be 17 weeks. We will be taking announcement pictures at the wishing well where DH proposed years ago. :love:I'm a little bummed about HM and Snow White since those are some of the rides I can actually do. Anyone have any intel on Rise of the Resistance?? I hear the drops are comparable to Pirates.

So excited!

I'm a pregnant February visitor, also!! I'll be 28 weeks when we are there. This is my first pregnancy, too. ROTR has the 'expectant mothers should not ride' notice on it. That, smugglers run and star tours are the only ones I am bummed about missing out on, the rest of the rides that aren't great for pregnant ladies I am okay with missing. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk pregnancy at the parks! Of course, I've never done it, but we can compare thoughts :)

I wonder if you can walk through the queue without getting on the ride like GOTG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!