** February 2020 Check In **

Anyone else look at the world of color schedule for February? Looks like a Wednesday (the 19th) is 9 and Thursday it’s 8:15. Both dessert party options say 7:15. That’s a little confusing to me...do we go by posted time?

Heading to Disneyland Resort again (4th trip since May - Flex Pass is awesome) February 22 - 29. My 2 sisters and adult aged niece will be joining me for this trip. We are staying at the Peacock Suites, since my sister can use her timeshare points there. All girls trip - should be a fun time. I'm hoping we can ride ROTR one day. Everyone one else in my party will have 5 day hoppers. I have one day solo (which I love). I cannot wait! :)

Anyone else look at the world of color schedule for February? Looks like a Wednesday (the 19th) is 9 and Thursday it’s 8:15. Both dessert party options say 7:15. That’s a little confusing to me...do we go by posted time?
Check in at 7:15. You will have your drinks and dessert plate before the show starts.

I noticed a similar oddity with the week before... one day WOC is at 10 and the other at 9 but the dessert party option is 8:15 for both and yet other days when WoC is at 10 the dessert party is at 9:15...??

Where can I see dessert party sign ups? On the app pr just the website?

Just the website... even when I searched on the app it just gives me a link out to the website.

Thanks, I searched!

Ok so it is 500 bucks for 6 of us...ugh. Has anyone been? How good are these desserts? I doubt it is open bar, right? I've never done a dessert party.

Thanks, I searched!

Ok so it is 500 bucks for 6 of us...ugh. Has anyone been? How good are these desserts? I doubt it is open bar, right? I've never done a dessert party.

You can see other people’s reviews of it and the desserts you get. You are mostly paying for a reserved seat. I think you get 2 free drinks I think.

You can see other people’s reviews of it and the desserts you get. You are mostly paying for a reserved seat. I think you get 2 free drinks I think.
I was trying to find pix of some of the desserts, but can't. We decided to do it anyway for the seating and bc we don't get to DL too often bc we are from the east coast. So I booked it for Feb 18.

Update: found dessert pix and menus. My kids will not be happy with those options for a dessert party. They would prefer chocolate cakes and brownies and ice cream - stuff like that. So I cancelled the reservation. I'll just do fast pass to watch WOC.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I was trying to find pix of some of the desserts, but can't. We decided to do it anyway for the seating and bc we don't get to DL too often bc we are from the east coast. So I booked it for Feb 18.

Update: found dessert pix and menus. My kids will not be happy with those options for a dessert party. They would prefer chocolate cakes and brownies and ice cream - stuff like that. So I cancelled the reservation. I'll just do fast pass to watch WOC.
Thanks everyone!

For what it's worth, when I was looking into it I read a lot of reviews saying that kids (and adults! ) were really impressed with the hot cocoa which is unlimited supposedly. Also after reserving you can call dining services and discuss any dietary concerns and get alternatives although I read that is usually just fruit but I also heard the fruit plate is really good (I think you can also get cheeses with it but we're vegan so I didn't really look into that) and I read that they package up the desserts for you to go if there's any left so even if you get the dessert and the kids don't like it might make great sweet snacks for the adults later? I've decided against going myself because I realized I'm just not that into the show in general (I love dancing water and lights in sync with music but not so into watching movie scene projections) but if I was going to see it even as vegans it sounded like a great way to see it to me.

We booked this week. We are annual pass holders, and we waited so long to book that our go-to hotels were booked or too expensive. We will stay a bit farther down Harbor and Uber in. We are coming over President's Day weekend.

For what it's worth, when I was looking into it I read a lot of reviews saying that kids (and adults! ) were really impressed with the hot cocoa which is unlimited supposedly. Also after reserving you can call dining services and discuss any dietary concerns and get alternatives although I read that is usually just fruit but I also heard the fruit plate is really good (I think you can also get cheeses with it but we're vegan so I didn't really look into that) and I read that they package up the desserts for you to go if there's any left so even if you get the dessert and the kids don't like it might make great sweet snacks for the adults later? I've decided against going myself because I realized I'm just not that into the show in general (I love dancing water and lights in sync with music but not so into watching movie scene projections) but if I was going to see it even as vegans it sounded like a great way to see it to me.

Well...I ended up cancelling it bc I showed my kids the dessert menus I had found online....and they were not impressed. They want chocolate cake and ice cream kind of things. My 9 year old was like "cheese and grapes?! What the heck? That's not dessert". So, the princes have spoken and we will just probably do fastpasses and watch it standing up, which is fine and saves me 500 bucks.

What kind of weather should I be expecting at DL in Feb? I'm coming from just south of Boston, Massachusetts....so I know it will be better than this (currently like 30 degrees with a freezing wind blowing).

What kind of weather should I be expecting at DL in Feb? I'm coming from just south of Boston, Massachusetts....so I know it will be better than this (currently like 30 degrees with a freezing wind blowing).
It will be lovely during the day....but when the sun goes down it gets cool. We take light mitts, packable down jackets or a hoodie and a wind breaker. We rent a locker everyday and put our warm clothes in it. We drop off our shopping in it during the day as well as water shoes for the wet rides. Best $10 you can spend

We also take the garden kneeling pads. They are excellent for parades and fireworks. We put them in our locker until we need them and they weigh nothing. The concrete and pavement are cold and hard to sit on in February. We bought them at Dollarama.

Attachments

• prod001187.jpg
    prod001187.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
Booked this morning to fly in early on February 29 ($88 ticket) and leave on March 1 ($140 ticket). One night at the Convention Center Hilton for $127...aside from getting to and from the airports, grand total of $355. My plan is to do Food and Wine at DCA and the new parade at DL. Along with other stuff, of course.

What is going on the third week of February? Disneyland 8-11 everyday? Fireworks every night.😮That is not typical for this time of year.
"Ski week" aka extended Presidents' Weekend -- lots of schools in California have that week off (not mine, of course)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!