** February 2020 Check In **

24 days left to go for me. Made some dining reservations for one today...Dinner at Wine Country Trattoria on Saturday and lunch at Carnation Cafe before I leave on Sunday.

Should I book an early lunch (12pm) or wait until later to eat (2pm) at table service restaurants?

For me, it would all depend on what's available at what time. Some of mine were not available at "normal" lunch time, so I'm pushing them earlier or later in the day, depending. I've also kept afternoons open so I can see the new parade at DL.

Dil and I both our first times at DL. Will be there Feb 12-14 and then we’re driving to see my son her hubby who’s deployed right now then we’ll be back to the park on the 18 and fly home the 19. I’ve been to the world a few time but never the land even though I’m so Close

Dil and I both our first times at DL. Will be there Feb 12-14 and then we’re driving to see my son her hubby who’s deployed right now then we’ll be back to the park on the 18 and fly home the 19. I’ve been to the world a few time but never the land even though I’m so Close
Prepare yourself for repeat visits😁Hope you have a wonderful trippixiedust:

Thanks I’ve been like 8 times now to the world but dil hasn’t ever been and since son is deployed to Arizona right now and she came home tell he’s back at base we thought we’d go take a short trip and spend a few days at disney and a few with him.

In case anyone is interested and is planning to be at the park on the 28th, there are finally dining packages available with parade viewing for Magic Happens. I got a reservation for the 2nd viewing of the day, which I believe is 6:00.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/plaza-inn-dining-package/

Hey thank you! The minute I saw your message yesterday, I booked the dining package for Saturday. I've never eaten at Plaza Inn, so this is going to check off the "do something new every trip" box...plus seeing the second day of the parade. Food is at 2:30 and the parade is the second one of the day.

totally crazy but i just found out I have to be in SoCal Feb 17th to 21st so of course I hit up the family to see if they want to go early and spend the weekend at DL :crazy:
cashed in all our flight points to get DH and DS flights!!!!
we are going to arrive Feb 14th 🥰-- DH and DS will fly home the 19th and I will follow on the 21st (YVR---->SNA)
hotel prices are crazy -- was able to snag our corporate rate at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort but still $$$$ given we have to pay for the first 3 nights which are the most expensive!!!
AND.....we are going to upgrade our Canada 5 day park tickets to deluxe annual passes -- YIPPEE!!!!
no specific plans for us, just enjoy the surprise trip!

Well...I ended up cancelling it bc I showed my kids the dessert menus I had found online....and they were not impressed. They want chocolate cake and ice cream kind of things. My 9 year old was like "cheese and grapes?! What the heck? That's not dessert". So, the princes have spoken and we will just probably do fastpasses and watch it standing up, which is fine and saves me 500 bucks.
If you will be doing the free FP viewing for WOC, study the first post in the World of Color Superthread carefully. Knowing where to go when the viewing area opens is an important part of getting a good view vs. not being able to see anything. There is great viewing in the free FP sections if you know where to go, and the map in the first post of that superthread will help you!

If you will be doing the free FP viewing for WOC, study the first post in the World of Color Superthread carefully. Knowing where to go when the viewing area opens is an important part of getting a good view vs. not being able to see anything. There is great viewing in the free FP sections if you know where to go, and the map in the first post of that superthread will help you!

Awesome! Thank you. We definitely want to have a good view. We haven't been to DL in 5 years and last time my kids were too little and tired, so we didnt make it to any night time shows.

Have you started packing yet? I have a big pile of stuff in my living room😁

No packing yet. I did buy a bunch of travel size stuff though. I'm a last minute packing type. I'll probably be packing on Saturday. I do have a list though so that makes it easier. My kids need to try on their bathing suits bc I'm a little worried they won't fit. We will definitely be in the hot tub.

I was hoping a Feb 2020 checkin would start!

We will be there 2/1-2/7. I have a 9 yr old and 7 yr old. This is a complete surprise for the kids. If I can keep my mouth shut, they won't know until we're at the airport. This is also the first time my husband will be joining us for DL. He's not a Disney fan like the kids and I but he's starting to feel left out. We'll be at HOJO. We stayed there last time and the kids enjoyed it.

I see you just got back. We are staying at Hojo 16th to 22nd. My husband had read someplace that there are a lot more homeless people to walk past on Harbor - any truth to that or is it just the usual? Tia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!