** February 2020 Check In **

I see you just got back. We are staying at Hojo 16th to 22nd. My husband had read someplace that there are a lot more homeless people to walk past on Harbor - any truth to that or is it just the usual? Tia

There are some homeless people you walk by but I don’t feel it’s anymore than what has been. There’s a sidewalk down both sides of Harbor, the side with the business had a few spread out. The Disneyland side of Harbor had several grouped around the bus stop but then no more between the bus stop and the light to cross over.

There are some homeless people you walk by but I don’t feel it’s anymore than what has been. There’s a sidewalk down both sides of Harbor, the side with the business had a few spread out. The Disneyland side of Harbor had several grouped around the bus stop but then no more between the bus stop and the light to cross over.
This is an accurate description of the current situation in my experience.

Ok, sounds like it's about how it has been in the past.

pulled out the suitcases last night, getting organized on who takes what size
we are considering upgrading to flex pass instead of deluxe -- save us $200USD per pass = $265CAD x 3
looking at the dates you have to reserve we can make it work for a summer trip and November trip!
From what i have been reading the reserve dates don't sell out too often - DL more than DCA!
Right now DL is booked Feb 15th so we'd upgrade when we are done at the parks on the 15th then immediately book both parks for Feb 16th and Feb 17th -- fingers crosses those dates stay open or else we have to change our upgrade plans!

pulled out the suitcases last night, getting organized on who takes what size
we are considering upgrading to flex pass instead of deluxe -- save us $200USD per pass = $265CAD x 3
looking at the dates you have to reserve we can make it work for a summer trip and November trip!
From what i have been reading the reserve dates don't sell out too often - DL more than DCA!
Right now DL is booked Feb 15th so we'd upgrade when we are done at the parks on the 15th then immediately book both parks for Feb 16th and Feb 17th -- fingers crosses those dates stay open or else we have to change our upgrade plans!
View attachment 472589
Why wouldn't you upgrade on the 17th?

Why wouldn't you upgrade on the 17th?
I want to upgrade a early as possible to start taking advantage of the discounts as well as get the AP popcorn bucket! DS loves disney popcorn!
If the 16th or 17th become fully reserved while we are there on the 14th and 15th -- we will push out our upgrade date, worst case we have to wait until the end of our visit on Feb 17th!

Good point. I loved those AP discounts! Have fun! We fly through YVR on Sunday. Is the customs process pretty smooth? We usually fly direct from Edmonton but we are flying on points this trip.

Good point. I loved those AP discounts! Have fun! We fly through YVR on Sunday. Is the customs process pretty smooth? We usually fly direct from Edmonton but we are flying on points this trip.
I've only done transfers thru YYZ into the states -- for us the process at YVR is super easy, we have done it so many times and we have nexus!
I can't say how customs processes those transferring thru YVR into the states but I don't think it would be very different I don't know of a separate customs area so I would think you are filtered into lines with those of us travelling direct from YVR

Oh my gosh, the adrenaline is here for me... just really hit me that I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow! This will be my first ever 'date' trip... just my husband and me, celebrating our 25th anniversary. I'm still very sad the Haunted Mansion won't be available, and the whole BG ROTR is going to kill us I know since we are also doing the After Dark events, we may just be miserable zombies the whole time, I don't know! I'm so excited... and also stressed, ha! I'm sure I'm forgetting a million important things, so many details I'm just now realizing ... like I have to teach the kids how to take out the garbage for trash day and apparently all my travel containers are 4oz, yikes. I haven't flown in almost 20 years, so just that's a whole new learning experience adventure for me!

Oh my gosh, the adrenaline is here for me... just really hit me that I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow! This will be my first ever 'date' trip... just my husband and me, celebrating our 25th anniversary. I'm still very sad the Haunted Mansion won't be available, and the whole BG ROTR is going to kill us I know since we are also doing the After Dark events, we may just be miserable zombies the whole time, I don't know! I'm so excited... and also stressed, ha! I'm sure I'm forgetting a million important things, so many details I'm just now realizing ... like I have to teach the kids how to take out the garbage for trash day and apparently all my travel containers are 4oz, yikes. I haven't flown in almost 20 years, so just that's a whole new learning experience adventure for me!
Have fun! We will be celebrating our 25th next week!

Sooo excited! Just booked a trip for 2/29 - 3/3...totally last minute (for me), lol! Hubby and I will be celebrating our 27th anniversary! Will only be in the park for 2 days - 3/1 and 3/2 - but sooo excited! Now to figure out where to have dinner....🤔

My boyfriend and I will be there 2/26-3/1 for my birthday. Staying at the DLH and upgrading a 5 day park hopper for an annual pass! I am so excited and can't wait to come throughout the year. This is a last minute trip for us (we took two trips last summer together) and it feels odd to not have a lot of dining reservations or big plans. I chose a birthday brunch at Lamplight lounge and we are doing the plaza inn parade package on the 29th. We have another trip planned in April for my nephew's 10th birthday when we will use DVC points.

First for me-second trip to parks in the same month. Family trip first weekend of February for my b-day, business trip next week with Disney tagged on! Be in the parks the evenings of 19th and 20th and the 21st until about 4pm.

16 days away for us and I made a reservation for the plaza Inn parade on Monday. sadly it was totally booked for the weekend. but that comes with the first running weekend lol. can't wait this is going to be a fun parade. Anyone know where you sit or stand?

16 days away for us and I made a reservation for the plaza Inn parade on Monday. sadly it was totally booked for the weekend. but that comes with the first running weekend lol. can't wait this is going to be a fun parade. Anyone know where you sit or stand?
I love to sit on the path between the hub and matterhorn. I usually go early to grab a seat on the wall(bring a blanket) or snag a bench

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!