** February 2020 Check In **

Had a pretty big change in plans today. My sister (in LA) is coming down for Food and Wine. Because of the pass she has, I'm cancelling lunch and the parade package at Plaza Inn. We'll spend Saturday in DCA--which is fine by me--and then switch over to DL on Sunday with the intent of getting in early enough for Rise of the Resistance boarding passes.

Once upon a time, I'd be upset over this change in plans. But anytime I can spend more time with my sister is fantastic.

Just a few days left to go for me (18-21st). First two days I’ll be spending a day in each park with someone who has never been to a Disney park before. Very excited!

Just left work and don't go back until Feb 24. Woo hoo!!
Tomorrow I gotta get my butt into action- I have nothing packed and nothing done for my trip. We are heading to a hotel at our local airport for Sat night and then fly to LAX bright and early Sun morning. I will be happy to leave this crappy cold dreary weather behind - Anaheim looks sunny and 70 for the whole week we are there.

Just left work and don't go back until Feb 24. Woo hoo!!
Tomorrow I gotta get my butt into action- I have nothing packed and nothing done for my trip. We are heading to a hotel at our local airport for Sat night and then fly to LAX bright and early Sun morning. I will be happy to leave this crappy cold dreary weather behind - Anaheim looks sunny and 70 for the whole week we are there.
Safe travels. Tomorrow is my last day of work:cool1: I am all packed and ready to roll:drive:

Safe travels. Tomorrow is my last day of work:cool1: I am all packed and ready to roll:drive:

Thanks!
What kinds of clothes did you pack? It looks like 70 to 75 and sunny all week. I'm trying to figure out if that is shorts and tshirts or long pants and tshirts in the day. I know the night will be cooler and need sweatshirt and maybe pants. Current weather where I live is 28 degrees. I think I forget what 70 feels like lol. I have to pack today!

Thanks!
What kinds of clothes did you pack? It looks like 70 to 75 and sunny all week. I'm trying to figure out if that is shorts and tshirts or long pants and tshirts in the day. I know the night will be cooler and need sweatshirt and maybe pants. Current weather where I live is 28 degrees. I think I forget what 70 feels like lol. I have to pack today!
We were in the parks last weekend and wore jeans and t-shirts. It was sunny, and there were people wearing shorts and some thin tees, tank tops, and even midriff baring tops. But as soon as the sun started going down, it got chilly. By evening, we saw people in shorts who were shivering. Do you run warm or cold? If you do wear shorts during the day, bring long pants and a jacket for evening. The daytime weather right now is quite pleasant, but it doesn't stay really warm for long. Things cool off pretty quickly once the sun goes down.

I was there last week of Jan and would change into my shorts and flip flops to ride Splash Mountain around midday (love water rides, hate soggy feet!) and would keep my shorts on until the sun went down and change back into my jeans and a jumper!
Grizzly River Run reopens today, very much looking forward to doing that one!

No shorts. Yoga pants, t shirts hoodies
I also packed our puffy coats for the evenings. We rent a locker everyday. I am soooo ready to go. We are getting snow today and I have a 4 hr. drive to the airport.

Last edited:
We were in the parks last weekend and wore jeans and t-shirts. It was sunny, and there were people wearing shorts and some thin tees, tank tops, and even midriff baring tops. But as soon as the sun started going down, it got chilly. By evening, we saw people in shorts who were shivering. Do you run warm or cold? If you do wear shorts during the day, bring long pants and a jacket for evening. The daytime weather right now is quite pleasant, but it doesn't stay really warm for long. Things cool off pretty quickly once the sun goes down.
No shorts. Yoga pants, t shirts hoodies
I also packed our puffy coats for the evenings. We rent a locker everyday. I am soooo ready to go. We are getting snow today and I have a 4 hr. drive to the airport.
I was there last week of Jan and would change into my shorts and flip flops to ride Splash Mountain around midday (love water rides, hate soggy feet!) and would keep my shorts on until the sun went down and change back into my jeans and a jumper!
Grizzly River Run reopens today, very much looking forward to doing that one!

I run cold. I'm probably going to wear yoga pants and tshirts in the day. I'll have a hoodie packed too. I usually buy a hoodie or 2 at World of Disney too. I'll have my big down North Face bc I'll need it leaving Boston, but I don't think I'll need that at Disney. My boys run hot. They wear shorts when it's 48 degrees here so they'll want shorts in the day.
Thanks!

We'll be in the parks the 23rd-25th and I'm diggin' the weather forecast thus far. The temps are nice and the chance for rain is minimal. Hopefully it mostly holds that way!

Great to hear about the weather for your trip! I ordered one of those pocket blankets yesterday along with a couple ponchos (Disney themed of course) for watching World of Color. No idea if it was necessary but maybe we'll use them for Grizzly River Run!:sunny:

Thanks, I searched!

Ok so it is 500 bucks for 6 of us...ugh. Has anyone been? How good are these desserts? I doubt it is open bar, right? I've never done a dessert party.

We did it in October and it was good! It reminded me of the Fantasmic dessert experience. There’s a plate of cheese crackers cookies but you can put it in a container to go. We shared one, and packed one up. Coffee, drinks....it was a higher up table and the views were great! It’s pricey but I liked it. We aren’t doing it this trip ((Feb 15-22)) because it’s expensive and we have our eyes on Rise.
Rachel & Jackson from Northern Nevada

We did it in October and it was good! It reminded me of the Fantasmic dessert experience. There’s a plate of cheese crackers cookies but you can put it in a container to go. We shared one, and packed one up. Coffee, drinks....it was a higher up table and the views were great! It’s pricey but I liked it. We aren’t doing it this trip ((Feb 15-22)) because it’s expensive and we have our eyes on Rise.
Rachel & Jackson from Northern Nevada

Thanks. We decided not to do it. My kids weren't too excited about the dessert options and we figured we could use the 500 in other ways. I'm still excited to see WOC though - I've never seen it!

Heading to the hotel at the airport later today....and I'm still not packed :scared1:
I'm always a last minute packer, but this is a new record.
We were watching some clips on youtube last night about snacks at DL. My 11 year old son now has his heart set on the $27 millennium falcon popcorn holder thingy. He will be searching that thing out the minute we get in the park!
Can't believe we will be there tomorrow :hyper:

Heading to the hotel at the airport later today....and I'm still not packed :scared1:
I'm always a last minute packer, but this is a new record.
We were watching some clips on youtube last night about snacks at DL. My 11 year old son now has his heart set on the $27 millennium falcon popcorn holder thingy. He will be searching that thing out the minute we get in the park!
Can't believe we will be there tomorrow :hyper:

The millennium falcon popcorn bucket is out. :( I looked for it at the Galactic Grill too (fries come in it) and it too was out.

Hi! I'm a stowaway on my husband's upcoming work related trip to LA and am taking my own self to DL for one day only! It's my first time at DL (WDW lover) and am excited as heck! We will be staying in Melrose by his class and I will be driving down to the park on 02/24 for my day at the park. Any help/suggestions for when I should get on the road to be at the park for RD would be greatly appreciated. I know the traffic in LA is ridiculous and I don't mind a very early rise and even getting to the area of the park very early. Thank you!

Just booked a last minute trip with my soon-to-be-graduating daughter. Motel 6 Feb 26-Mar 1. In the parks Feb 27-29. Excited to try for BGs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts