February 2020

They did indeed
These discounts suck for anyone at a Value Resort
They jacked up the price and then added a discount - savings on a 9 night stay end up being around $160 - and no dates are available

May look to stay off resort instead

I know...I'm really bummed.

I decided to forgo waiting on a discount and booked via dvc rental points. Glad I did. Paying 272 a night for Kidani vs 334 with a discount.

Keep checking! I just came back from a bunch of errands and checked again and the offer was available for my entire 5 night stay at BC so I made a new reservation since my original one for some reason can't be modified online anymore. I'll have to call to cancel that but I think I'll wait until the hold times aren't 1+ hours...

I saved $141 on my POFQ reservation with the 2020 magic discount. I'm still hoping AP discounts come back and save me a little more. I'd love to move to BWI, but it's still too much more than POFQ. I might consider a split stay if BWI AP discounts come out, but I worry about FP availability with a split stay.

I saved about $200 2/22-2/28 Pop SV with AP discount. I wanted to upgrade to CBR but only pirate rooms available.

My experience with the discounts today.

I had a reservation for:
- Two adults and two chidren (3 and 9);
- from Jan 24th to Feb 3rd;
- at All Star Sports and standart room and;
- 6 days park tickets.

The total amount was USD 3.191,74 (standart rates). Adding Dinning plan (1 QS and 1 table), it cost more USD 2.170,06, and the total amount would be USD 5.361,80.

When I tried to change to Kids Sized Package: there no avaliable rooms for Standart. So, I had to do a upgrade to prefered room.

Now the total amount for:
- Two adults and two chidren (3 and 9);
- from Jan 24th to Feb 3rd;
- at All Star Sports and prefered room and;
- 6 days park and Dinning plan (1 QS and 1 table)

is USD 4.943,58. Compare with the old reservation (USD 5.361,80), I got a saving of USD 418,22.

So, I think Disney does not become avaliable promotions for Standart rooms. It´s a way to decrease the discount.

If someone has a better idea how to improve discounts, or if someone got a discount for a standart room, please tell me!

First post.

Saved $940 on my BWI stay (8 days, 7 nights) with dining plan. I have another reservation linked (BWI also, parents; 5 days, 4 nights), but I've been unable to change this reservation to take advantage of any savings.

When I first tried to change my parents reservation, it said there were no rooms available for the promotion. Now it gives me the option but it's the same price. I did try calling but "all circuits were busy", but I will try again.

Definitely try again, I had the exact same experience with BC this morning starting at 8 AM and by 2 PM I was able to book the room I wanted with the offer online, and kind of regretted doing the whole phone thing earlier because then the original reservation was no longer able to be modified online.

Can anyone with a current AP check the availability for hotels for 5 February 8th-16th?

I have residents and general discount but want to know if we should start our AP's early.

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone with a current AP check the availability for hotels for 5 February 8th-16th?

I have residents and general discount but want to know if we should start our AP's early.

Thanks in advance!
Riverside 292 a night
CBR 303 a night
no values

Riverside 292 a night
CBR 303 a night
no values

Thanks,

I was hoping for more, resident discount has riverside for $247! So seems like we are on the best rate.

Just out of curiosity, what's the garden wing at. Contemporary?

Thanks again.

Thanks,

I was hoping for more, resident discount has riverside for $247! So seems like we are on the best rate.

Just out of curiosity, what's the garden wing at. Contemporary?

Thanks again.
Contemporary doesn't show any availability. Grand is 539, Poly villa 598

Today they added kids eat free (when the parents have dining plan) at the value resorts..... and free 30 giftcards when a 6 day ticket room package.

Today they added kids eat free (when the parents have dining plan) at the value resorts..... and free 30 giftcards when a 6 day ticket room package.
Uhhh you’re a little late to the party there chief. We’ve been talking about that in this thread since 5am today LOL. 🤣 🤣

8-behaviours_zpssxfnhhky.gif

Well, after trying to get through on the phone ALL DAY or for the offer to appear online so I can do it myself, I finally got through to someone. I was at ASmovies for 2/16-2/20. No more standard rooms left. Altho after reading everyone's posts, I'm thinking none were available with this discount to begin with. I could switch to preferred room and save a whopping $58 or I could switch to Pop Century standard for $23 more, which is what I did. Online. I love Pop and I'm looking forward to being close to the Skyliner. Was hoping for better discounts, but oh well. Didn't see anything available at Caribbean but pirate rooms but I need a king bed (husband is 6'7). Good luck everyone!!

I think most of the discount packages are now gone. I was unable to add my 2nd reservation at BWI, even on the phone.

I’m kind of hoping the issue is just the site, which is very glitchy due to high usage.

If not, it’s pretty ridiculous they only are distributing a finite amount. You snooze, you lose doesn’t seem reasonable for people that pre-booked these rooms.

Originally booked standard view room in the Gran Destino Tower Feb 23 to Mar 1 with 4 day base tickets with the Canadian discount for $3,138.64. Changed to a 6 day base ticket in a water view room for $20 less (factoring in the gift cards).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter