February 2020

My TA was able to get a small discount. We had been at WL in a standard room. Moving to a nature view saved $160.

I called and they couldn’t get me a discount at all on my POR room. So I checked online and found it, rebooked myself, and canceled while I had her on the phone. It was pretty much just a waste of an hour. Good thing I worked while I was on hold!

I saved $1,332 on my existing reservation for a 2 bdrm club level suite at the Beach Club. Certainly not a 25% discount on the room (as the website would have you believe); but I'll take what I can get.

I saved 10% on my GDT water view room. It would have been nice to have gotten the "up to 15%" or to have gotten 10% off a GDT standard view room, but we are traveling over Presidents' Day weekend, which we have found to be a more expensive time to go. For now, we are stuck working around school schedules, but I look forward to a time when we have more flexibility!

Congrats to everyone who got a discount. We are going in April, I can't imagine how many hours my TA spent to get us the discount; she sent the confirmations around 2AM today. Happy to have saved some money.

saved over 3 grand yesterday; flipped a standard BWI for daughter and son-in-law(who were married in WDW at the wedding pavilion and GF Ballroom labor day weekend 2018) who don't want club level since they will be commando touring and meeting us for meals, and saved a bit over 1K there; flipped a GF deluxe club level for wife and me and saved a bit over 2K; will still wait and see if Disney VISA rates come out and do a little bit better; in any case no complaints here at all;

Congrats to everyone who got a discount. We are going in April, I can't imagine how many hours my TA spent to get us the discount; she sent the confirmations around 2AM today. Happy to have saved some money.

My TA said she is going to keep checking for us..but there is nothing so far.

May have been already covered, but if not:

So, was just asking through the chat on WDW site about why the "offer" prices are the same as the regular price (not like the usual where it's showing no availability with an offer, just showing the discounted price as being $0 savings). I was told that the offers exclude weekends at the Values and Moderates - at least for most of January and February.

This is my first February trip and I've never had such a difficult time getting discounts. I was 90 minutes late and there was almost nothing for the dates I wanted. It was even showing me nothing available at full price for the Epcot resorts. Does this usually happen?

Ok, what is it about 2/8 - 2/15 that just about all the value resorts are sold out? I've checked the touring calendars and the park levels are pretty low that week
I think that is the cheerleading competition time. The values will be packed with kiddos.

I’m new to all of this, but it seems like each resort has different thresholds on discounts. For instance, you need to book 6 nights or more to get the discount at BWI or BWV but it’s less than 6 days for some others (AKL for instance). That’s why I was able to secure my discount (8 days/7 nights) vs my parents (5 days/4 nights) who I’m striking out. It’s hard to say but I think the Epcot walking path ones all have the same restrictions from what I can tell. Just thought it might help someone out.

You are correct. My daughter will be there for cheer competitions Feb 6-9

I think that competition weekend is affecting almost all of us staying (or trying to stay) at a value in early February.

I'm also wondering how much more traffic Pop is seeing because of the Skyliner, and/or price increases pushing more guests toward the Values.

I'm also wondering how much more traffic Pop is seeing because of the Skyliner, and/or price increases pushing more guests toward the Values.

I think you are on to something there. We haven't stayed at Pop since 2006, but now it would be a definite consideration for us, especially with the updated rooms.

so daughter wasn't happy that we weren't in same hotel - she BWI and we GF deluxe club - so early this morning and I mean early, something opened up at the YC; a standard club dropped back in at the gift of magic 25% off rate so I grabbed it; so now instead of 6600+ at the GF we are at 3800+ at the YC which is practically the same hotel location-wise as the BWI; she is thrilled;

btw when I canceled my GF deluxe club at the gift of magic 25% off promo, it dropped back in as a passholder rate 32%ish off, not the gift rate; so if anyone is interested 2/4 - 2/11 the rate is only 741/nt as opposed to 816/nt all down from 1088/nt rack GF deluxe club;

now we are at YC std club 490/nt down from 654/nt rack; more money for meals for 4;

now let us see what happens tomorrow if any Disney VISA rate pops and it can wind up that wdw pays us to come ;-) lol ;

I think that competition weekend is affecting almost all of us staying (or trying to stay) at a value in early February.

Wondering this too. We are booked at pop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!