February 2020

So for those following along - it's worth pointing out that we are potentially less than 1 month out from discounts being released.
  • Over the past 4 years, the earliest release was 9/24 in 2015 (Visa release) and 9/26 just last year in 2018 (Public release).
  • The latest release over the last 4 years was 2 years ago on 10/3/17.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure we have any good "rumor" sources any more on the DIS for when discounts will come out. As we get deeper into Sept, the best way to figure this out is to have people check the website and call each morning. For all our sanity, I hope it happens sooner rather than later!

I agree! I remember back in 2017, waiting until 10/3 was so tough. I am hoping for an earlier release like last year. Fingers crossed!

I booked club level at BWI for the end of January. Here's hoping for a discount!

Booked POFQ, wow the prices are high especially now with the added daily parking charge (boo, hiss). My fingers are crossed that a discount will be announced!!!

We booked POFQ too. I know that in the past sometimes discounts do not apply there. I keep wondering if a discount is available at POR or CSR and not at POFQ if we will switch resorts.

Those of you watching and waiting are you just hoping to save money on your current resort or are you willing to switch resorts to save money? Or, are you hoping to upgrade your resort? Two different times I had POFQ booked. Once we upgraded to AKL and another time to YC due to great discounts.

We booked POFQ too. I know that in the past sometimes discounts do not apply there. I keep wondering if a discount is available at POR or CSR and not at POFQ if we will switch resorts.

Those of you watching and waiting are you just hoping to save money on your current resort or are you willing to switch resorts to save money? Or, are you hoping to upgrade your resort? Two different times I had POFQ booked. Once we upgraded to AKL and another time to YC due to great discounts.
We are booked at Poly. I will change resorts if there isn't a good discount there, or none at all. We have 5 disney adults and 3 kids so with dining we are paying over 12k without a discount. So reeeaaallly hoping for a good discount, If not, I have no problem changing plans.

We're booked at BWI Club Level -- so we're reaallly hoping for a discount. But we're willing to switch resorts in order to make that happen.

We're booked at CBR for January, but would look into switching to a deluxe (like BC/YC or BWI in particular) if there are discounts associated. If not, a discount on CBR would still be great!

Booked at Contemporary and would happily switch resorts to save $. BWI often gets better discounts than the monorail, and we'd happily go back to the GF if it were comparable to the rack rate we're paying now.

So, bottom line is book now if you know your dates and if/when discounts are released then try to apply it to your current room reservation?
I agree prices do seem high right now compared to same resort in past years for the same week! :\

We booked All Star Movies. I'm waiting to find out if they are offering the discount before changing. Normally they announce a day or two ahead of when booking starts, right?

So, bottom line is book now if you know your dates and if/when discounts are released then try to apply it to your current room reservation?
I agree prices do seem high right now compared to same resort in past years for the same week! :\

DO book the room you are willing to pay rack rate for if there are no discounts. That way you are guaranteed your first choice of affordable rooms and have a great vacation to look forward to. Then if discounts are announced, modify/upgrade/rebook the room you are willing to pay for at a discount. It will feel like a bonus!

DO NOT book a room you are unwilling to pay rack rate for and will cancel if you can’t get a discount. Discounts are limited to a certain, finite number of rooms, and that booking will only take a room out of inventory and make it less likely that a discount will be available for that resort/rate category. Also, at a later date you may not be able to get your first choice of more affordable rooms.

We booked All Star Movies. I'm waiting to find out if they are offering the discount before changing. Normally they announce a day or two ahead of when booking starts, right?
no our "trusted sources" here on the DIS who used to hear rumors a few days in advance are gone. Most likely place to find out that discounts have dropped is here around 6AM Eastern time.

I'm at Pop no matter what - Skyliner, baby! But I'd love to save a few $ on it if possible.
We always stay at pop but due to the pool closure we are trying some place different. Waiting to see what discounts are out

Getting closer to discounts hopefully being released! It looks like the current discount promotion ends 9/29/19 so I'm guessing it's going to happen around that time.

Getting closer to discounts hopefully being released! It looks like the current discount promotion ends 9/29/19 so I'm guessing it's going to happen around that time.

Good point! Hope you are right! Don't they typically overlap their promotions by a couple of days or so?

If I book a room now and then discounts are released for the day I booked, how can i go about switching it? Sorry, Im all new to this. I usually don't book anything until deals are released but I already booked my air. I'm going no matter what but obviously would like to save some $$.

If I book a room now and then discounts are released for the day I booked, how can i go about switching it? Sorry, Im all new to this. I usually don't book anything until deals are released but I already booked my air. I'm going no matter what but obviously would like to save some $$.
You can either change it through your My Disney Experience account (if it gives you the option) or you can call and have them apply any discounts. Just keep in mind that booking a room before doesn't guarantee a discount -- it may not be available for your resort or the type of room you have booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter