February 2020

Booked YC for February - while the prices do seem higher, it was at least cheaper than BW and BC. Now just hoping discounts will be applicable.

You can either change it through your My Disney Experience account (if it gives you the option) or you can call and have them apply any discounts. Just keep in mind that booking a room before doesn't guarantee a discount -- it may not be available for your resort or the type of room you have booked.
Thank you!

So I'm hoping y'all can give me some input in this. We are currently booked at All Stars Movies and If they offer a discount, I plan on upgrading our resort. While I hope I can upgrade to AKL, more than likely it will be to a Moderate.

We are doing a split trip between US and WDW because there is an after hours event on the Friday and Saturday nights at US while we are there. So, we will have 2 mornings & afternoons with no park plans. We can only do so much Disney Springs, so I'd like to find a resort that can keep my niece entertained (pool, etc)

So...which moderate would you pick?

I'd like to find a resort that can keep my niece entertained (pool, etc)

How old is your niece?

We are currently booked at POFQ for the small size and single bus stop. However, I am watching for discounts and if CSR has a discount and POFQ does not, we will probably switch over to CSR.

How old is your niece?

We are currently booked at POFQ for the small size and single bus stop. However, I am watching for discounts and if CSR has a discount and POFQ does not, we will probably switch over to CSR.

She's 12.

She's 12.

Well, I am guessing you are not concerned about the differences in playgrounds or splash/play areas at the pool (POFQ gets my vote there), so I think in terms of other amenities most moderates will be comparable. They all have a main pool, pool games, movies under the stars, campfire, arcade, etc. I do think CSR has a very nice main pool and overall it is just a nice resort. For us, it feels like a vacation within a vacation. But then again POR and POFQ are so nice because they are sister resorts and have the boat to Disney Springs (even if you do not plan on going often). For me CBR, would be the last choice. The rooms have not been refurbished as recently as the others, and while the new lobby, restaurant, pool bar look amazing, I personally would not want to have the Skyliner running through my resort.

Well, I am guessing you are not concerned about the differences in playgrounds or splash/play areas at the pool (POFQ gets my vote there), so I think in terms of other amenities most moderates will be comparable. They all have a main pool, pool games, movies under the stars, campfire, arcade, etc. I do think CSR has a very nice main pool and overall it is just a nice resort. For us, it feels like a vacation within a vacation. But then again POR and POFQ are so nice because they are sister resorts and have the boat to Disney Springs (even if you do not plan on going often). For me CBR, would be the last choice. The rooms have not been refurbished as recently as the others, and while the new lobby, restaurant, pool bar look amazing, I personally would not want to have the Skyliner running through my resort.

We have stayed at POR, so I'm leaning more towards CSR.

It's getting real... I just dug out my Disney Visa Card (the one time a year I consider using this card, haha!!) Will there be an early Visa release? Will it be a better discount for Disney Visa Holders? What if it was both, lol? Only time will tell (maybe in a week or so???)

I tried to convince my one friend to get the no Annual Fee Disney Visa using my link with the $200 Statement credit offer for spending $500 and she said "no thanks, I like my Discover card". I'm like...you don't have to use this card, just get the $200 and then keep it (for $0 annual fee) to use to maybe get a better discount on your Disney trips. Oh well... I guess she didn't want a free $200 haha!

I got the Disney Visa last week "just in case" but it's not here yet, I hope it comes before they announce anything! 🤞
Typically it will show up in 7-10 days. Most Chase cards for me show up almost 1 week to the day after approval. (Source: I apply for A LOT of chase cards). Shortly after approval, people can also attempt to call and request it be "expedited" but YMMV on success there.

Did you do the $0 Annual Fee version or did you go with the Premier? Did you get a welcome bonus offer?

However, if everyone is booking anyway planning on making changes later if discounts come out, discounts may never come. If the rooms are filling, Disney may see it that there is no need to offer discounts if the rooms are full anyway.

However, if everyone is booking anyway planning on making changes later if discounts come out, discounts may never come. If the rooms are filling, Disney may see it that there is no need to offer discounts if the rooms are full anyway.
This is a valid point

People make this argument every year but it’s not really valid. Disney knows that people do this. They also know that without discounts a certain amount of people will cancel and stay offsite. Also they generally offer the discount initially with limited availability and if cancelations start they add more rooms to the discount pool. Between ADRs, FPS and magic bands Disney has a treasure trove of data that they analyze to predict this stuff.

Yeah I mean they have to know that, for example, anyone who wants to make hard-to-get ADRs is likely to book prior to the 180 day mark, and I'm sure they have some data on the percentage of those people who end up eventually canceling compared with the discounts that ended up coming out (or not coming out). They also likely look at how many were booked during the same time period year over year as a better estimation.

So I'm hoping y'all can give me some input in this. We are currently booked at All Stars Movies and If they offer a discount, I plan on upgrading our resort. While I hope I can upgrade to AKL, more than likely it will be to a Moderate.

We are doing a split trip between US and WDW because there is an after hours event on the Friday and Saturday nights at US while we are there. So, we will have 2 mornings & afternoons with no park plans. We can only do so much Disney Springs, so I'd like to find a resort that can keep my niece entertained (pool, etc)

So...which moderate would you pick?
I don't know which week you're looking at, but if it's the first week, I will warn you there's a large convention at CSR. We will be there for a large convention the 1-9th.

I don't know which week you're looking at, but if it's the first week, I will warn you there's a large convention at CSR. We will be there for a large convention the 1-9th.
We'll be there 2/27- 3/2

Typically it will show up in 7-10 days. Most Chase cards for me show up almost 1 week to the day after approval. (Source: I apply for A LOT of chase cards). Shortly after approval, people can also attempt to call and request it be "expedited" but YMMV on success there.

Did you do the $0 Annual Fee version or did you go with the Premier? Did you get a welcome bonus offer?

I did the welcome bonus offer on the $0 fee one - was lucky enough to find a referral link on social media. (Kind of weird we can't share them here; I'd have loved to help out a fellow DIS!) I just put a $500 deposit down for this trip on it so hopefully the statement credit will happen soon too.

I did the welcome bonus offer on the $0 fee one - was lucky enough to find a referral link on social media. (Kind of weird we can't share them here; I'd have loved to help out a fellow DIS!) I just put a $500 deposit down for this trip on it so hopefully the statement credit will happen soon too.
Awesome! I was hoping you were able to find the $200 offer. It’s also a shame that it’s only $50 if you can’t find somebody to refer you haha. (although it makes it easier to find people to refer IRL). I’d much rather have $200 than $50 LOL! Congrats!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!