*** February 2021 Thread ***

We got the email too, but ended up with a 9am direct down (instead of 1pm... my family will NOT do the 7am anymore) and with the free change, now that my Princess races are canceled, we extended to fly home late Friday night instead of Thursday! (I was originally staying until Sunday, family leaving Thursday). Added a night at Yacht Club while I contemplate if we want to spend more dvc points...

We are also tentatively going Thanksgiving, but only if NY quarantine is lifted.

We our taking our first trip to WDW Feb. 21-28th and staying at CBR! I am so excited and can't stop watching WDW videos! I am working on our list of dining reservations we will have to make. Does anyone have a recommendation for dinner at a resort? Not looking for a signature meal.

We love the Grand Floridian Cafe - casual table service, and good food at all three meals. We are not huge fans of the noise at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge, but the food is very good and the resort is gorgeous. We always make sure to eat at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We also do Boma for breakfast at least twice (though it is not open at present).

We love the Grand Floridian Cafe - casual table service, and good food at all three meals. We are not huge fans of the noise at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge, but the food is very good and the resort is gorgeous. We always make sure to eat at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We also do Boma for breakfast at least twice (though it is not open at present).
Thank you! I will check those out. If we aren't the most adventurous eaters, is Sanaa for us?

My wife is an off-the-charts plain eater. Nevertheless, we both love splitting the *absolutely amazing* bread service. We also split the triple chocolate mousse dessert. For an entree she goes for the steak which she really likes. If I didn't want my own more adventurous entree, we would split that as well. We always end up taking food back to the room.

I will also be joining the February bunch! I will be staying at Art of Animation Feb 5-8 for the Festival of the Arts. Southwest has already made changes to my trip, too. I may end up adding an extra day if I can't work out some better flight times. I was sad that there would be no Disney on Broadway performers, but I was excited to hear that the Voices of Liberty would be performing Disney classic songs!

I will also be joining the February bunch! I will be staying at Art of Animation Feb 5-8 for the Festival of the Arts. Southwest has already made changes to my trip, too. I may end up adding an extra day if I can't work out some better flight times. I was sad that there would be no Disney on Broadway performers, but I was excited to hear that the Voices of Liberty would be performing Disney classic songs!

We added an extra day after the first round of flight changes. Originally flying home Thursday night because Friday was big $$$ but when the red banner came up, I switched!

We're booked to be at WDW from 2/10-2/15, doing a split stay between Boardwalk and BLT. I've made and then cancelled so many vacations this year, that I'm starting to feel like we'll never get the chance to go. :scared: I'll be excited when our 60 day mark arrives and we can finally book some dining! We really enjoying dining at Disney and I hope that some more of the restaurants open up before we arrive.

We're booked for Feb 18-22! Staying at the Kidani Village, AKL. This trip was supposed to happen in October so we are excited to rebook and surprise the kids this christmas with the trip. We will be a group of 8 with 2 families. Everything is booked except for dining. Happy 90days-ish! lol

OK February peeps - here is a question we might be pondering at this point in our planning...

Now that Disney has said that park hopping is returning, how will you be planning your ADRs??

In my case, there will be 3 adults, and my cousin's first time at Disney since she was a baby - so she wants to make sure for diner we hit all the "castles" and any where else DH and I feel have great food.

When I first started planning park days and I was pondering meals to coincide, I had us eating at Cinderella's and BOG on our 2 MK days, but now I'm wondering if we should do those on a non-MK day to have an excuse to go back to MK at night, but then I started wondering how late are they actually going to have MK open in later February?

I know that Disney has not answered the question if you go to hop to your 2nd park that you have a dinner ADR at, and the park is at capacity can you still get in - so I'm hoping in the next 30 days before I can make our ADRs that Disney comes up with an answer....

Anyone else re-thinking their plans???

I've put so much time into planning so many trips in the past 8 months that have been canceled... I'm just going to make the same dining reservations I've been trying to do since July. Without a NYS quarantine miracle, I'm not even sure we'll be able to go on this trip anyway. Beaches & Cream, Sanaa, Mama Melrose, breakfast somewhere - Topolino's, Trattoria, or Garden Grill if that becomes an option, Yak & Yeti, maybe the new Crystal Palace option or Chef Mickey's. I'd like to try one of the new family-style options.

We do tend to park hop to MK in the evening, but usually after dinner, for dessert treats and some rides. I have teenagers, though.

We will be there (offsite) for February 4-7. HS and AK on Friday February 5th and Saturday February 6th respectively (with PH tickets). Can't wait! Never been during February - hoping to experience Epcot Festival of the Arts in the evening if there is availability to hop there.

We're there from the 5th to the 12th. Debating on Park hopper tickets. If the parks are open late (until say 8 or 9) I am thinking it will be worth it. Does anyone know when accurate schedules will be released?

We are booked 2/14-2/20 (rescheduled from July). We spent Thanksgiving week (rescheduled from April) and had a great time. I will be excited to have park hopping return- though only if they extend hours; closing times are earlier than we were there last week. Hoping they give us a few more hours.

We're there from the 5th to the 12th. Debating on Park hopper tickets. If the parks are open late (until say 8 or 9) I am thinking it will be worth it. Does anyone know when accurate schedules will be released?
I guess technically what they have released already would be accurate, but still crappy - they have through Feb 20th posted but with hours of:

MK 9:00am-6pm
Epcot: 11am-7pm
HS 10am-7pm
MK 9am-5pm

I'm OK with the opening times but I need the parks to close later if they're going to offer park hopping starting at 2pm each day - I mean, at AK - that's only giving you 3 hrs there!

:headache: :headache:

and its already been discussed that it's not worth hopping to HS if your goal is to ride ROTR....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter