February Break Family Meet-Up!

verticalchaos

DIS Veteran
The plan...

Early morning 2/17 (like 3am probably thanks to subway late night schedules) I will leave my apartment and go to Grand Central to catch a shuttle bus out to LaGuardia. 7:30, my Southwest (I didn't choose it...I'd be on something else out of Kennedy if I had my way) flight leaves for Baltimore and a plane change and then onto Orlando. Scheduled to land at 12:25. In the meantime, my parents will leave from Nashville and get to Orlando (lucky ducks...they have a non-stop flight!) about an hour before me. We'll meet up close to the Magical Express desk and head to AKL.

Whether we check in or not depends on if CM sis has already checked us in or if we'll have to wait for her to get off work. If it's the latter (or the room isn't ready) we'll store our luggage and grab a snack either in Mara or over at DTD. Sis will head over when she gets off work, and we have dinner at 7pm at Chefs de France and will see Illuminations (hopefully the timing works out on that.)

2/18 will likely be Studios - just me and the parentals. We want to see Fantasmic! (it's been YEARS) and that's the only night of our stay it's scheduled. We may hop between there and MK since neither park really takes us a full day, but that's to be determined.

2/19 will likely be Animal Kingdom during the day and then over to MK for Wishes at night.

2/20 we will start with breakfast at Boma (the latest addition...and my decision!) and then probably spend the day at EPCOT. Dinner at 6:50 at Rose and Crown and then probably hang around for Illuminations again.

2/21 I sadly have to get back on the Magical Express (early...I'm guessing like 7-7:30...GROSS!) and head back to NYC. Flight home has a stop, but not a plane change, so at least if I end up with a crappy seat to Baltimore, I can change there once they've counted us. I'm seriously debating paying the extra $10 for early check in so I can do it at a time that's convenient for me and still have a decent boarding place. I really don't want to have to go BACK to the resort (or hang in the resort alone or make the rest of the family wait) to check in 24-hours in advance. So we'll see.

I'm definitely excited!!!! It'll be my first time staying in a deluxe! :)

I forgot my most important thing!!!!

My priest at church (I'm Episcopal, so no one freak when you see the pronoun) is leaving on Wednesday to pick up her newly adopted daughter (she's 7) from Ethiopia! :love:

I have been charged with bringing Mihret her very first mouse ears!!! :yay:

Most important purchase I've ever made at Disney!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter