February crowds

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by angelmom, Oct 6, 2018.

1. angelmom

angelmom Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Those brads were

I have not been to Universal before and am looking to go Feb.7-10. Anyone been there around this time, how are the crowds? Thanks

2. jack presley

jack presley Mouseketeer

I'm there around that time too and according to the crowd calendars on both Orlando Informer and Undercover Tourist, it seems quietish although your dates are towards the weekend which I'd imagine will be slightly busier.

Also, the Mardi Gras festival starts at Universal on the 9th so opening weekend will probably mean busier crowds but I've never been so don't know for sure how much an effect this festival has. Depends on who's playing the concert on the Saturday night I suppose.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=feb&yr=2019#crowdCalendar

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/February-2019/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

I went last year early February
    And it included the first weekend of Mardi Graus

Very manageable

We had no issues but we had the hotel perk of free ep

Days were wide open for rides
    Not bad MG nights except their special food stands

5. ilovetotravel1977

ilovetotravel1977 DIS Veteran

We were there Feb 8-12. I echo macraven's thoughts.

We didn't have the EP. We just made sure we did both HP worlds in the early entry hour. In the morning, everything was no more than a 20-30 wait (IF that). Afternoon we decided to ride Forbidden Journey again and, well, I wouldn't do that again (1.5 hrs). Very long wait compared to the morning (20 min).

macraven likes this.
  6. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Good to hear.....we have friends going around then......staying offsite though this time......

7. jack presley

jack presley Mouseketeer

What's the weather like in early February (usually)?

8. ilovetotravel1977

ilovetotravel1977 DIS Veteran

We had a heat wave. We always wore shorts and a hoodie in the mornings, but by noon, hoodie was off. As our trip progressed, it became much warmer! We were able to ride all of the water rides and dry off pretty quickly. I think it was hitting 30°C by the end of our trip.

Layers will be your friend at that time of year.

jack presley likes this.
  9. TommyJK

TommyJK DIS Veteran

Weather wise it's a bit of a crap shoot. One year we went it was Chilly on some day (polar Vortex was going on) with morning Temps near freezing but some days made it to mid 70s

Another year it was nice and toasty. Every day in the 80s

jack presley likes this.
  10. jack presley

jack presley Mouseketeer

We were there in late January in 2016 and like the first visit you describe, it was freezing in the mornings but pleasant in the afternoons. That was the year the northern east coast was hit with the blizzard and I suppose the south just caught the tail of it so I'm hoping that there'll be nothing like that when we travel in February next year. The January visit is why we pushed out the visit to February this year so hopefully the delay of a couple weeks will help!

11. shh

shh Mouseketeer

haha...as you all hope for warmth, I always keep fingers crossed for a cold front when I visit anytime Dec through April. Those few precious days are the only break Floridians get from 300+ days of brutal heat the rest of the year. I love cooler weather in the parks. :lovestruc

larissawbb likes this.