February crowds

angelmom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Those brads were
I have not been to Universal before and am looking to go Feb.7-10. Anyone been there around this time, how are the crowds? Thanks

I'm there around that time too and according to the crowd calendars on both Orlando Informer and Undercover Tourist, it seems quietish although your dates are towards the weekend which I'd imagine will be slightly busier.

Also, the Mardi Gras festival starts at Universal on the 9th so opening weekend will probably mean busier crowds but I've never been so don't know for sure how much an effect this festival has. Depends on who's playing the concert on the Saturday night I suppose.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=feb&yr=2019#crowdCalendar

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/February-2019/

Last edited:
I went last year early February
And it included the first weekend of Mardi Graus

Very manageable

We had no issues but we had the hotel perk of free ep

Days were wide open for rides
Not bad MG nights except their special food stands

We were there Feb 8-12. I echo macraven's thoughts.

We didn't have the EP. We just made sure we did both HP worlds in the early entry hour. In the morning, everything was no more than a 20-30 wait (IF that). Afternoon we decided to ride Forbidden Journey again and, well, I wouldn't do that again (1.5 hrs). Very long wait compared to the morning (20 min).

Good to hear.....we have friends going around then......staying offsite though this time......

We had a heat wave. We always wore shorts and a hoodie in the mornings, but by noon, hoodie was off. As our trip progressed, it became much warmer! We were able to ride all of the water rides and dry off pretty quickly. I think it was hitting 30°C by the end of our trip.

Layers will be your friend at that time of year.

Weather wise it's a bit of a crap shoot. One year we went it was Chilly on some day (polar Vortex was going on) with morning Temps near freezing but some days made it to mid 70s

Another year it was nice and toasty. Every day in the 80s

Weather wise it's a bit of a crap shoot. One year we went it was Chilly on some day (polar Vortex was going on) with morning Temps near freezing but some days made it to mid 70s

Another year it was nice and toasty. Every day in the 80s

We were there in late January in 2016 and like the first visit you describe, it was freezing in the mornings but pleasant in the afternoons. That was the year the northern east coast was hit with the blizzard and I suppose the south just caught the tail of it so I'm hoping that there'll be nothing like that when we travel in February next year. The January visit is why we pushed out the visit to February this year so hopefully the delay of a couple weeks will help!

haha...as you all hope for warmth, I always keep fingers crossed for a cold front when I visit anytime Dec through April. Those few precious days are the only break Floridians get from 300+ days of brutal heat the rest of the year. I love cooler weather in the parks. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter