February Temps

darthbrazen

Earning My Ears
We are going for my daughter's Sweet 16 in early February. Just curious as to how we should pack. Will it be cold?

We are going at the same time.
Most things I have read (and from memory during trips as a kid) the temperature is wildly variable (I'm sure someone on here can be way more specific).
I am planning to bring and wear layers. I plan to wear pants, a tshirt, a fleece hoodie and a shell-like coat to the parks (and mitts and hat if needed) and then peel back layers as needed (plan to put these in our stroller as they are removed.)
Some people say that not a lot of people swim this time of year but we will be :)
Not sure if that is helpful.
Hope you have a super fun birthday :)

It's a mixed bag when it comes to temperatures. When we were there ( late February a few years ago ) it was pleasant during the day ( low to mid 70s ) but cooler at night ( 60s ). I pack prepared to layer ( t-shirt, light jacket or sweater ). I'll also bring both a pair or two of jeans and shorts. When we were it was only warm enough for the pool one day out of 6.

I'm going in mid February and it will be my first time in February.
I've gone in November, December, early January before and I can recall a couple times it was pretty chilly.
Even when it wasn't it still wasn't too hot even when the highs were in the 80's because it seems like the high hits mid afternoon and then as soon as the sun starts going down again it becomes chilly immediately.
I've recently started getting into wearing leggings so my plan is black velour leggings, t-shirt, and one of 3 jackets that I will decide upon each day. Either a very lightweight Danskin zip up hoodie from Walmart, a Disney zip up hoodie, or my North Face Oso hooded jacket.
I figure the leggings shouldn't be too hot even if the temps do climb in the afternoon since it will only be for a short time.

Florida resident here. Usually February is beautiful low 80's mid 70's during the day 60's some 50's at night. Early morning and evenings typically require a light weight jacket. My children often leave the house for school in shorts and a tee with a hoody over the top and then return home with their hoody stuffed in their backpacks. However, if February, or winter anytime really, we can get cold snaps where it is can get in the 40's /30's some days. So be prepared because it can happen. We have days where we are bundled up in layers. Even if the forecast predicts that the days of your vacation will be nice I always suggest bringing jeans, long sleeved shirts and a jacket. Hopefully you won't need them but it can be an expensive pain in the rear if you don't bring them and end up needing them.

It can be literally freezing and it can be in the 80s. And anywhere in between. Layers and options are your friends.

You need to check the weather closer to your trip, but you will need fleeces/sweatshirts in the mornings and at night. It may be colder and you need scarfs, hats, ski jackets, etc especially at night.

We did a Dec trip once and we were only able to go in the hot tubs. It was way too cold for us to use the pools. And we rarely wore short sleeves during the day. It was nice to not be hot in the parks though. We had a lot more energy and were able to get a lot done.

It can be a just about anything. We've needed sweaters and fleeces in February. We've gone swimming in February (and we're from Atlanta, not Minnesota, so we only go swimming when it's a minimum of 80 degrees). And it can both of the above in the same week. Have to bring layers and meticulously check the forecast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!