February Trip - worth it?

harmon54

Mouseketeer
So I snagged three nights at GCV with our DVC points for this February- which I read is very hard to do. We were supposed to go last March but it got cancelled at the last minute!!! I had everything planned out to see Fantasmic with a dinner package and World of Color plans - plus the buffet at Grand Californian. We were going to do all the Star Wars stuff - light sabers and droids! Trip also included a visit to the beach and Santa Monica pier. So my question is if we keep the rooms and fly out to Cali in February assuming the park is even open -will it be worth it with none of the above events probably happening- no Fantasmic, World of Color or fireworks to watch from the hotel - no buffets - possible no Star Wars workshops-
I fear that I will just be disappointed - but on the other hand we will have three nights at GCH and may still get to enjoy a beach day if weather cooperates! And we miss Disney a ton but normally go to WDW and Disneyland was a once type of trip. So should I go or scrap it for now and wait till ????? When parks get more back to normal?

So I snagged three nights at GCV with our DVC points for this February- which I read is very hard to do. We were supposed to go last March but it got cancelled at the last minute!!! I had everything planned out to see Fantasmic with a dinner package and World of Color plans - plus the buffet at Grand Californian. We were going to do all the Star Wars stuff - light sabers and droids! Trip also included a visit to the beach and Santa Monica pier. So my question is if we keep the rooms and fly out to Cali in February assuming the park is even open -will it be worth it with none of the above events probably happening- no Fantasmic, World of Color or fireworks to watch from the hotel - no buffets - possible no Star Wars workshops-
I fear that I will just be disappointed - but on the other hand we will have three nights at GCH and may still get to enjoy a beach day if weather cooperates! And we miss Disney a ton but normally go to WDW and Disneyland was a once type of trip. So should I go or scrap it for now and wait till ????? When parks get more back to normal?
This is a really subjective question, so I'll answer with another question for you: Do you still want a "once in a lifetime" type of trip to DLR? If you truly do, then you already know that this isn't going to be it. If you're willing and able to plan that dream trip to DLR in another year or two, then go ahead and do this trip just for fun. Go to DTD, the beach, maybe visit San Diego/Laguna/La Jolla/ L.A., etc. for a day, do a shopping day, etc. -- all of this, of course, depending on what is open and what the guidelines are in February. You could have a really fun, relaxing time, just getting the feel of DLR -- which is very different from WDW! If the parks are open, you'll be able to just get a "taste" and get your bearings -- and make a more detailed plan of what your dream trip will be like. If none of this sounds good to you, then skip this trip and wait for a better time -- no harm done.

A park first needs to be open before it can go back to normal.

I would expect measures for at least the rest of the year and depending on how the US and/or California are doing maybe also into the first months of 2021.

And yes, you need to determine why you want to go and what do you want to achieve.

Thanks - just writing it I think it would make me sad- unless I already had another trip I knew I could take. So I might go back to the planning board to see what will work. And maybe things will happen sooner then we all think. One can dream!

If it were going to be my only trip to DL (by the way, I way prefer DL to WDW - you might find you want to be a repeat visitor), I would skip it for now. Wait until things are much more back to normal would be my advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!