Feedback at the Fort

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
So, on my last 2 visits to the Fort I received emails and notifications that if there is anything they need to know (good or bad) to click the “Feedback” button and let them know.

I was somewhat cynical, thinking “yeah right, as if anyone would read them”.

On my most recent stay I decided to use that “feedback” button to make a suggestion.

To my surprise, I got a call from the on duty manager confirming they got my feedback and it would be forwarded to the appropriate area.

So, for any of you out there wondering if they really read our emails and messages, they do!

So, on my last 2 visits to the Fort I received emails and notifications that if there is anything they need to know (good or bad) to click the “Feedback” button and let them know.

I was somewhat cynical, thinking “yeah right, as if anyone would read them”.

On my most recent stay I decided to use that “feedback” button to make a suggestion.

To my surprise, I got a call from the on duty manager confirming they got my feedback and it would be forwarded to the appropriate area.

So, for any of you out there wondering if they really read our emails and messages, they do!

Back in 2012 I went on a rant to one of these because while I was there the "then" manager had swapped out the rockers on the porch at Trail's End for some stupid high tables and chairs. There was like 2 rockers. I sent email reply about it and got a call a week later. Within about a month folks were posting pics of more rockers back on the porch and fewer of those dumb tables. They do review them.

That's good to know. I recently saw a Traveling Robert video on youtube where he went to Fort Wilderness and checked in on the app and he got a notification that he could go straight to his site. When he got there, he went to the right stop sign instead of the guard shack and tried to use his magic band to go straight to his site. It didn't work. The guard started berating and scolding him and saying no he has to see him first. He tried explaining the app said he could go straight to his campsite, and the guard didn't care or know about the app. I got really mad watching this happen and thought that Disney management needs to know how some of their employees are acting. This was not Disney magic at all.

Bottom line is, I wondered who I could call and complain about this to. Fort Wilderness, or some where else? Because the guards are not Fort Wilderness employees.

Here is a link to the video: The altercation starts at 01:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-5ofQ9dOw&pbjreload=10

I must have missed something on the video because I heard the security guard being polite and doing his job. Checking his name and even giving him his site number. I surely missed the part where the guard berated and scolded him. I for one am glad they check guests to make sure they are supposed to be on property, it makes everyone feel a little safer.

Would you like to be talked to like that? I wouldn't. I have never seen a cast member talk like that. If campers still have to check in with the guard shack on the first visit, then the app should reflect that. Not say you can proceed directly to your campsite!

I see both sides on this one (the video gate guard). I didn't see any berating and scolding or an "altercation", but I can see why Gino was put out.

I think the guard was fairly abrupt and matter of fact. I'm a Midwesterner and expect everybody to be nice, polite and speak a little slower. I also work in a VERY international academic hospital with people from all over the world. The guard interacted very much like people at work from the East coast, especially New England. Matter of fact, telling it the way it is. Little time for niceties.

You can get offended by it and let it ruin your day or you can chalk it up to cultural differences and move on.

j

I watched parts of the video, couldn’t watch the whole 45 minutes, and DW agreed, we didn’t hear any berating or scolding. There is a sign as you pull-up to the guard gate for check-in left lane and returning guest right lane. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m not a return guest until I have talked to the guard and been advised on what if anything else I had to do before proceeding to my site, whether I did online check-in or not.

Does anyone have the link or email address to send our "problems" to? I was there over Christmas and never received any messages like this and was ticked off with some of the stuff I saw this year. I'd like to make my concerns known.

Disney Complaints and Comments:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Does anyone have the link or email address to send our "problems" to? I was there over Christmas and never received any messages like this and was ticked off with some of the stuff I saw this year. I'd like to make my concerns known.
I received both an email and a notification through the My Disney Experience app as soon as I entered the Fort. But it was only live during my stay.

Disney Complaints and Comments:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Thanks, I did know about this from long ago. I was getting the impression that there was one for the Fort specifically.

Thanks, I did know about this from long ago. I was getting the impression that there was one for the Fort specifically.
I used the above before about a complaint that I had years ago about the ESPN club, although the PO box was 10000 back then. I actually received a response back from Disney acknowledging the issue and is being address.

I had an inspiration maybe try this address...

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground address:
4510 N. Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830-1000
407-824-2900

I would address it to the General Manager

On the bulletin boards by the comfort stations, there is a letter from the manager that has the managers email on it asking to let him know how things are going. Maybe someone at the fort can post a picture of that.

I also wonder if it is Disney calling or a outside company that is hired to answer emails ?

Last edited:
I see both sides on this one (the video gate guard). I didn't see any berating and scolding or an "altercation", but I can see why Gino was put out.

I think the guard was fairly abrupt and matter of fact. I'm a Midwesterner and expect everybody to be nice, polite and speak a little slower. I also work in a VERY international academic hospital with people from all over the world. The guard interacted very much like people at work from the East coast, especially New England. Matter of fact, telling it the way it is. Little time for niceties.

You can get offended by it and let it ruin your day or you can chalk it up to cultural differences and move on.

j

Your right. Berated and scolded was probably to harsh a term. He definitely could have been nicer for a Disney employee. I know a few Disney security guards at Disneyland and they are the nicest guards I have ever met. I would not have been receptive to how that guard spoke in the video.

I didn't let it ruin my, just put off by the fact of it. The rest of the cast members at the Fort were amazing and what I expect of cast members. The guy who put the video together also does a podcast where he goes into detail about the rest of the trip and said he had high expectations of the Fort as all his viewers said it was the best campground they have ever stayed at. There were two other circumstances where cast members were curt. He said he was woken up at 9 am on checkout day to see when he was leaving as they wanted to clean the site. I have heard about this at other campgrounds but didn't expect it there. There was another circumstance at trails end. His wife and him went to other resorts to experience them as well as the parks and the springs, he didn't have any bad experience anywhere else on property. Just the Fort. He said he wont be going back, which doesn't affect me at all, but to the viewers and listeners of his videos and podcast might be put off and have a bad image of the Fort and Disney.

I also wonder if it is Disney calling or a outside company that is hired to answer emails ?
The call I got was from the Fort on duty manager who said she was going to send my feedback to the proprietor of the Fort trading posts.

I'm a huge fan of Robert's and can see why he felt a little put off by the incident, but didn't feel the guard was that out of line; the guard was obviously stressed because he's not supposed to ever leave his post unattended and every time this happens he has to walk over to the other lane. They need better signage that indicates that all new guests, even those who have checked in online need to go through the new guest line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!