feedback on Tortola and St. Thomas port adventures

Gregory.a.o

Earning My Ears
We’re on a March 2018 seven night Fantasy cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. I’m trying to plan our port adventures. Can anyone provide feedback on the questions below?

What time do the following Tortola port adventures leave the ship? How much more time do you actually get at the baths/beach on the full day trip to the Baths?

A Day at the Baths (TT04)
Tour to Virgin Gorda (TT23)

What time do the following St. Thomas port adventures leave the ship? How do you get into the water from the boat? How deep is the water at the snorkeling sites? I have a six year old who a good snorkeler for her age, but is feeling nervous about getting in the water from the boat and will not have been in deeper water before we sail.

Doubloon Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel (ST08)
Castaway Catamaran Sail & Snorkel to Shipwreck Cove (ST29)
Caribbean Sea Safari, Snorkeling and Beach Tour (ST46)

We did the Tour to Virgin Gorda (the shorter one) last summer. The full day was booked.

My kids could easily have handled more beach time.
Didn't have a watch, though, so I don't know how much time we actually had.
Maybe 40 minutes at the first beach and 20 minutes at the second?

The descriptions of the poet excursions will tell you what time to meet the tour. There may be two diff times. You choose the one you want.

On most snorkeling excursions you get off and back into boat via ladder. Some have a slide you can use to get in. And the depth depends on where you are. Ususlly 20 to 30 feet but could be more. Everyone has to wear life jacket.

Maybe someone else can weigh in, but I had heard that the "Day at the Baths" which includes lunch actually gave you LESS beach time than the shorter "Tour to Virgin Gorda" because of the length of time lunch took. We had planned to choose the TTVG tour, but alas, we were on an Irma-cruise-that-wasn't, so I didn't get to experience it in person. Oh well, good luck!

I recommend doing the trip to the baths yourself out of Tortola. We had children with us that were slightly younger than the allowed age for Disney’s Baths Excursion and they are very strict with the age requirements. You just hop on the Ferry which is a short walk away from the port. It’s much cheaper and you have freedom to do what you want. The good thing about our trip was that our next stop was St. Thomas so we figured if we missed the last boat worst case scenario we could take the ferry to st. Thomas.

We are on the same sailing in February 2018 and wondering about which excursions to book as well.

The Baths seems the thing to do forsure, but on your own or with which excursion is the question! :)

Following*

Is there any information on how these excursions, even though they are scheduled to happen, are affected by Hurricane Irma?

Because DCL has not yet returned to Tortola, specifics about excursions are not available.

The Baths are open and pictures are posted. I think the bathroom amenities may now be porta potties, but that is to be expected. Not sure about lunch availability as most of the buildings on Virgin Gorda did not make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter