feel rushed with characters advice?

hmerritt

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else feel so rushed with the Characters? I feel(after waiting in line forever) that I am so rushed to get it over that the kids don't even get to enjoy the moment. Between my autistic son not wanting to cooperate although he wants to be there, my a** husband yelling at me to just take it and not try to even get a good shot and my digital acting like a dinosaur that I get all out of whack and then really po'd. Is there a better way to handle these character pictures with ease?

Heather

Forget taking the pictures and enjoy the characters. Give hubby the camera. I know this is not what you want to hear but it works.

Most of the time there is a CM with the character who is more than willing to take pictures with your camera. Relax & enjoy!

We do character meals to avoid exactly what you describe. If we have that interaction my kids don't need to line up for every other character they see. I don't feel as rushed at Mickey's Toontown Faire either. I accept strangers in my character/kid pics otherwise, and if I get a great shot under those conditions, it's a bonus. So, seek some situations where it's reasonable to expect you can take the time you need to get a good pic and accept that won't always be the case.

If your dh is like mine, he'll snap the picture making sure to get the light pole positioned so it's coming out of the character's head. If he can find an overflowing trash can or other ugly mess to include, he's all set. I've learned to look for the ugly stuff and tell him to make sure to avoid whatever it is. Then he says I'm so picky, but he changes his angle. Coaching is my other tactic that works well because I'm careful about how I speak my request.

I agree with the character meal idea. As well as being a good way to get pictures without such a hurried environment, it's also a good way to get the kids used to seeing and interacting with the characters.
I also agree with the others about not worrying about the pictures. If you get a good one, great. If you don't, it's the experience that's important. Keep in mind that professional photographers might take a whole roll of film to get one really good picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter