Fellow athletes

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I was on fb and pickle juice showed up on my news feed and wondering does it help with your sodium craving I crave so much sodium because I sweat so much between gym class and the gym I was looking for a healthy alternative to chips and popcorn

Pickle juice works much better for me than anything else I've tried. Two years ago I was umpiring softball at WWOS and my crew of three went through a whole gallon jar of pickles and pickle juice during one day with a heat index of 108. None of us cramped up and we were all able to work the next day, which didn't happen with some of the crews we saw.

I don't use pickle juice because that just doesn't appeal to me during long training sessions or races. I drink so much Gatorade I'm sure would bleed orange Endurance Gatorade if cut. I also use a product called BaseSalt. Every 5 miles on the bike, 15-20 minutes, and every mile on the run I use BaseSalt.

Despite using the two, my car still seems to stop at McDonalds for fries after a really long bike training ride. That and I crave carbonation for some strange reason so I need a Diet Coke.

I get that super salt craving a lot too. I also like potato chips but am trying to find something better because it's not really a hunger thing. Lately I've been having green or dry packed kalamata olives, extra salt pretzels, or salted pumpkin seeds .I saw these pretzels for the first time at the store the other week. And as a salt lover...gosh they are super salty. 2 usually do the trick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!