Fellow DISers, I really need your help

newmousecateer

Babcia Extraordinaire/B-Elder YaYa
Future DIL just called and asked if I would give a blessing at their wedding next week. :D

I have absolutely no idea what to say, and I need some input here. I do not want to embarass them by not saying a nice and appropriate blessing.

Please feel free to give me some ideas or PM me and give me suggestions what to say.

I know I can count on you to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

Hi NewMousecateer! Just a thought, how about a trip to a christian bookstore? I have bought many nice prayer books there for my Mom. Maybe they will have something you can choose from there. I'm sure the clerks will try to help.:D

Lots of last minute stuff going on with the wedding, huh? I read about the baby-sitter, too! :(

Anyway, it's a blessing and, not a personal speech, right? Who is officiating the ceremony? Maybe they would have something appropriate for you to read.

There are some very commonly read Bible passages that I've heard read at several denominations of services.

Best Wishes to the Happy Couple!! ;)

I knew I could count on you guys. :D

faith:

Thanks. There is a Christian book store in downtown Chicago I can go to on lunch tomorrow.

Jason:

They were both raised Catholic, but I am not sure of the faith of the gentleman who is officiating at their ceremony. They are getting married in the chapel on the grounds of a university in a suburb of Chicago. I am from a mixed marriage...Catholic and Presbyterian...so DS and and DIL are open to different religions.

KimRaye

Thanks for the suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!