(Female) Roommate Egypt DIS ABD 21-30 April 2020

Malia78

Flotsam and Jetsam
So being the reckless act first, think later traveler I sometimes am, I booked this trip for two. Initially I thought I could coax my boyfriend but with his parent/caregiver obligations right now, no go.

So casting a net looking for a roommate who can commit by 1 Dec 2019. The trip dates are 21-30 April 2020. Cost is $7399 even plus airfare. This would be my 4th adventure and second with this fabulous DIS group. Maybe this is an opportunity for one of you can or maybe you know someone who can...spreading the word...Thanks all!!

Last edited:
I would be vary wary about getting a room mate this way. I had some amazing times travelling with friends and then some not so good, which have ended up me being a solo traveller from now on.

So is the person to pay you for the ABD?
What happens if the person dosnt pay you the full amount, or the correct amount?
Have you arranged airfare for yourself?
How are you going to co ordinate flights?

Also when people have very different expectations for a trip, it can be extremely upsetting and ruin a trip, as I found out one year.

Can you not get a refund and just go solo?

Can you not get a refund and just go solo?

Appreciate the reply.

This is already a rebook...I've already had a bad experience with a roommate who backed out at the last minute hence needing to rebook. I will either find someone to split the double occupancy cost or I will need to cancel and lose my deposit. The whole reason behind this is that I cannot afford the single supplement cost at a hefty 5 digit total...

Last edited:

Appreciate the reply.

This is already a rebook...I've already had a bad experience with a roommate who backed out at the last minute hence needing to rebook. I will either find someone to split the double occupancy cost or I will need to cancel and lose my deposit. The whole reason behind this is that I cannot afford the single supplement cost at almost double.
I get that it's really expensive to go solo, but just wanted to be sure you knew the single supplement is an extra 40%, not almost double.

Sayhello

I thought it sounds like a great opportunity to get in on a trip that is otherwise filled, especially for another single female traveler. I need to wait until I can get off the waitlist for the whole family :\ Good luck!

Bumping this back up...I had found a wonderful potential roommate here on the boards but she was unable to make the final commitment. She did give me plenty of time though so I am still looking.

Keeping positive...anyone care to join me?

Starting a Monday bump...really trying to make this happen

I am rooting for you! I had thought about doing the same for the Japan trip but ended up just going solo and not with ABD. I was worried I might drive my room mate crazy as I'm told I snore sometimes. :blush: As much as I worry about not liking my roommate I know I might BE "that" roommate too. I'm not sure which would be worse for me...

I am rooting for you! I had thought about doing the same for the Japan trip but ended up just going solo and not with ABD. I was worried I might drive my room mate crazy as I'm told I snore sometimes. :blush: As much as I worry about not liking my roommate I know I might BE "that" roommate too. I'm not sure which would be worse for me...
I know what you mean. I've lived by myself for a LONG time, and am pretty set in my ways! I had a time a few years back, I was sharing a hotel room with a friend, and I kept forgetting to knock first, and just entered the hotel room. Yep, she was not decent a couple of times. :headache: Totally my bad. It's just easier to room by myself. :) (And I've *had* that roommate, too, and it pretty much cured me of sharing a room unless absolutely necessary!)

Sayhello

I am in no position to add another trip to my budget, but I can suggest posting over at TripAdvisor, both on the Egypt forum and maybe one of the general travel forums. It can't hurt.

I really, really hope you can find someone to go with you! There has to be someone out there. Plus, if you find someone who you really get along with, you may have a built in travel buddy when there are trips your boyfriend/other travel partners can’t do. Of course, there may be an option that you don’t click with, but the ability to get to Egypt will definitely outweigh that. Plus, you’re with the DIS group. Lots of people to get along with. Do any of them know of someone who would want to travel and split the cost? Im sure you’ve already looked into that as an option. I’m rooting for you!

I would consider this in the future. I already have 2020 booked though.

Good Luck to you!

Last edited:
So being the reckless act first, think later traveler I sometimes am, I booked this trip for two. Initially I thought I could coax my boyfriend but with his parent/caregiver obligations right now, no go.

So casting a net looking for a roommate who can commit by 1 Dec 2019. The trip dates are 21-30 April 2020. Cost is $7399 even plus airfare. This would be my 4th adventure and second with this fabulous DIS group. Maybe this is an opportunity for one of you can or maybe you know someone who can...spreading the word...Thanks all!!
I am a 65 year old female DVC member who has taken a number of ABD tours. I am possibly interested in this trip. How would we get in contact to explore this further.

Mimi

I am a 65 year old female DVC member who has taken a number of ABD tours. I am possibly interested in this trip. How would we get in contact to explore this further.

Mimi

Hi Mimi, are you able to send me a private message?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!