Festival of Arts - Epcot 2018

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by plumedeb, Aug 29, 2017.

1. marij

marij Earning My Ears

Duplicate

2. CrabbyPatty

CrabbyPatty DIS Veteran

Bump for this thread. We will be at EPCOT the weekend of January 20-21st and I'm also wondering how difficult it will be to get a seat for the evening concerts without doing a dining package? Also I had read SOMEWHERE that Passholders can sometimes get basically a FP for a seat at the concert by stopping somewhere or other that day and getting a ticket. Am I crazy? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

MamaJessie likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

2017 random APs got emails about booking Fastpasses for it but I never was lucky.... I got in fine for the two times I went

5. marij

marij Earning My Ears

Seems to me that Disney on Broadway dining package is a bit of a rip off. You have to use two table service credits for a one table service meal which means you're paying $50 for a seat that is free for everyone else. I know its a guaranteed seat but just how difficult is it to get a seat without a pass?

6. Texans_loyal

Texans_loyal Operation Disney is Underway!

Looking forward to seeing the booth menus! we will be there 1/16!

7. alex9179

alex9179 DIS Veteran

8. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

I am just looking at the menus. Are these exactly what they had last year? I was hoping they would add some things this year. We will be there the first week in Feb. Hopefully, folks will leave some reviews before that!

9. StarWarsMomofGirls!

Nevermind.. I opened up the Additional Festival Locations.. Looks like they have a number of new booths in the World Showcase! Still needs photos from folks who go first! :) Pretty Please

10. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

I'm getting so excited!

Rach73 likes this.
  11. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Has anyone taken their child to FoA? Are there any special activities offered for children? Looked at the Disney site but it just mentions the normal KidCot stations.

12. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

We'll be taking our 7 year old this year. Since it's such a new festival we looked at YouTube videos from last year. There should be some painting activities and I believe there's a Figment scavenger hunt. Either way, it is going to be new and fun :)

13. StarWarsMomofGirls!

We were there one day last year with our 2 girls. They have the painting mural at the beginning of the world showcase. We didn't do the Figment search but will def try this year. Our girls love EPCOT, so they don't might exploring the lands. I can't image them having much else extra this year. But you never know.

14. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Thank you! I'm sure my daughter will enjoy painting if there is an opportunity to do this. We did the figment hunt at the Food and Wine festival the last time we were there and it was a lot of fun!

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  15. shb5007

shb5007 Mouseketeer

Any details on the figment hunt? Also, is there a thread / reviews on this from last year? I looked...but couldn't find anything?

16. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but if you are super-dee-doper excited, you may want to lower your expectations a bit. Last year the festival was a nice change from a normal EPCOT day, but it wasn't very exciting. Hopefully this year they will have more booths, and more actual art and activities. The food offerings are not what I would consider to be kid-friendly, they are meant to be culinary art, it's not the kind of food your kids are going to get excited about.

By all means, go, (I'm glad we were able to go last year), but temper your expectations. This isn't anywhere in the ball park of F&W or F&G.

17. Burgermom

Burgermom Mouseketeer

Is the regular agent P scavenger hunt still available during the festival?

18. StarWarsMomofGirls!

I don't see why it wouldn't. They do a good job of tucking those areas in. It is a lot of fun and takes you to some items that can easily be missed.

19. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

We didn't get to go last year, but I'm hoping that it was sort of a "test run" for the Festival of the Arts and that as @crostorfer says there will be more booths and actual art and activities. They've expanded it to seven days a week, so I think that's a good sign!

20. goofy78

goofy78 DIS Veteran

We are arriving on the 12th. I wish there was some time before that I could see reviews of what to eat but oh well. I guess I'll be able to give everyone my opinion! Very excited for our long weekend 40th birthday trip!

21. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

Thats how I spent my 40th birthday last year, at the festival. I hope you have a great time.