Festival of Fantasy Parade

glocon

DIS Veteran
Hopefully we will be coming to WDW in May/June this year and are wanting to see the parade comfortably without a lot of waiting beforehand.
I was thinking of maybe timing a lunch/dinner at Tony’s and requesting a table outside to eat and watch the parade vs getting a G+ for it.
This would be for a party of 6.
Does anyone have experience experience doing one or both of these for the parade, would you recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

IMO you don't need to waste a G+ use for the parade. I usually watch it over in Frontierland or Liberty Square with no wait. I show up almost at start time or I choose to enjoy very short ride waits during the parade instead. I don't get a front row spot but that isn't important to me.

The Tony's plan can work but they can't guarantee a good seat so that's a gamble.

We always watched from Frontierland in the past, and sometimes would ride rides until close to parade time as well since so many people stake out spots for the parade and lines for the rides can be shorter then.

But this time around I was wanting to find good seats that are comfortable without waiting around for a long time.

We are bringing a newbie who hasn’t seen the parade (or been to the parks since he was a toddler) and want him to enjoy it without feeling like he’d rather be riding rides than waiting for a parade to start.

We only have one day at MK and want to make the most of it.

And since we have to eat anyway, Tony’s might work out.
Idk how good the view is from there though. Is the porch up high enough to see over the heads of people walking past? It’s hard to tell from watching videos. Might not even be worth it.

G+ might not be worth it either, idk how crowded that gets and how early you have to get there to get a good spot.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Genie+ area is with sun directly in your face/eyes. I don't think it's a good location so when we want to watch the parade from a front row / good location, we usually just bite the bullet and stake out a spot 20-30 minutes before the parade steps off. Just something else to consider (since it sounds like you are viewing the G+ space as an alternative to Tony's patio).

I would also consider that the ride you would be able to book with G+ instead of booking the parade should save you at least 20-30 minutes in line anyway, so it feels like waiting is kind of a wash.

I can't speak to the Tony's patio, but the food there is incredibly inconsistent and would rank very low on our list (as in, we would probably only go back there if we had no other options). We aren't picky with our italian either - and find most other italian places in Disney 'serviceable.'

Is there a good place to sit and watch FoF (does not need to be up close!) so we can take a break? In the shade would be great but I assume that's unlikely. I like the idea of the restaurant but don't want to eat at that time. We will be in tomorrowland and walking over if that helps with tips on where to sit or stand.

Is there a good place to sit and watch FoF (does not need to be up close!) so we can take a break? In the shade would be great but I assume that's unlikely. I like the idea of the restaurant but don't want to eat at that time. We will be in tomorrowland and walking over if that helps with tips on where to sit or stand.
The elevated walkway between Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe has a few benches to sit on while you wait, and if you stand you can see over the heads of spectators along the ropes.

does anyone know if the castle doors are closed during the parade? Or can we walk from that direction to catch the parade?

IMO you don't need to waste a G+ use for the parade. I usually watch it over in Frontierland or Liberty Square with no wait. I show up almost at start time or I choose to enjoy very short ride waits during the parade instead. I don't get a front row spot but that isn't important to me.

The Tony's plan can work but they can't guarantee a good seat so that's a gamble.

I agree. I would usually get a spot in Frontierland just a few minutes before - kind of near the Country Bear Jamboree or shooting gallery (usually near the corner for that little underpass to Adventureland near Aloha Isle). That has worked well for me.

I agree. I would usually get a spot in Frontierland just a few minutes before - kind of near the Country Bear Jamboree or shooting gallery (usually near the corner for that little underpass to Adventureland near Aloha Isle). That has worked well for me.
That's my usual spot too, over by the pin shop. We always grab a dole whip float and go sit. And the really cool thing about that spot is you get the parade at the actual time and don't get caught up in the traffic obstructions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter