Festival of the Holidays--Where to Find Reviews and GC Info?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
My DH and I will be attending the Festival of the Holidays in a few weeks. I am interested in seeing some reviews of the kitchen booths, but I've only been able to find a couple from this year. The rest are reviews from last year. Are there complete reviews out? Also is Disney selling the wristlet GCs for the Festival of the Holidays like they do the Food and Wine Festival?

Josh from EasyWDW usually reviews all the kitchens. I don't know if he has done so yet.

I didn’t see wristband GC’s however there is one that’s a gift tag/ornament which could be retrofitted to go on an old F&W band

The black and white at L’chaim was impressive and far superior to the other $2 cookies on the cookie stroll

wish there were more savory vegetarian options but other then that ...

That
I didn’t see wristband GC’s however there is one that’s a gift tag/ornament which could be retrofitted to go on an old F&W band

The black and white at L’chaim was impressive and far superior to the other $2 cookies on the cookie stroll

wish there were more savory vegetarian options but other then that ...
That really surprises me that they aren't selling wristlet GCs. I know they are so popular for F&W. I figured they would be just as popular at FotH.

Last edited:

The Disney Food Blog sent out a very nice video tour of some of the festival kitchens today along with reviews. Can't wait for our visit next week. Everything looks great!

Has anyone seen the cookie jar they have for passholders?
Curious what this is too, however, I'm thinking it might be made of plastic if they're saying "to fill up during the holiday cookie stroll". If so count me out.

Tom Bricker on the Disney Tourist Blog visited each of the spots and wrote and short description of the items for sale at each.

My wife and I have tried most of the food items (every single savory item) and a handful of drinks, and are posting the reviews and pictures to the site in my signature. I’ll go ahead and post my rankings here. Hopefully somebody find them helpful! We also did the Cookie Stroll, but didn’t include them on the list because they are just generic cookies lol.

Napoléon de Saumon Fumé, Brioche à L’aneth (Le Marche de Noel Holiday Kitchen) - 10.0
Traditional French Canadian Tourtiere (Yukon) - 9.0
Hand-Carved Smoked Ham (American Holiday Table) - 9.0
Maple Bûche de Noël (Yukon) - 9.0
“Sfenj” (Beignets) (Sapphire Holiday Kitchen) - 9.0
Bouchée à la Reine Traditionnelle (Le Marche de Noel Holiday Kitchen) - 8.5
Slow-Roasted Turkey (American Holiday Table) - 8.5
New Year Celebration Soba (Shi Wasu) - 8.5
Chocolate Pecan Tart (American Holiday Table) - 8.5
Warm Caramel Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-serve Ice Cream (Refreshment Outpost) - 8.5
American Heritage Milk Chocolate Gourmet Hot Cocoa (American Holiday Table) - 8.5
Sweetened Bubble Milk Tea (Shanghai Holiday Kitchen) - 8.5
Chicken and Matzo Ball Soup (L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Mozzarella in Carozza (Tuscany Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Potato Dumpling (Bavaria) - 8.0
Spicy Mala Chicken (Shanghai Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Turkey Poutine (Refreshment Port) - 8.0
Pastrami on Rye (L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Grilled Lamb Kefta Kabob (Sapphire Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum (Sapphire Holiday Kitchen) - 8.0
Seared Salmon (Yukon) - 7.5
Pastelón (Feast of the Three Kings) - 7.5
Holiday Green Tea “Yule Log” (Shi Wasu) - 7.5
Ichigo Milk Boba (Shi Wasu) - 7.5
Mongolian Beef Bao Bun (Shanghai Holiday Kitchen) - 7.5
Black Forest Roulade (Bavaria) - 7.5
Celebration Barbecue Pork (Shanghai Holiday Kitchen) - 7.5
Bacio al Cioccolato (Choc. Hazelnut Cake) (Tuscany Holiday Kitchen ) - 7.0
Crespelle di Mele (Apple Fritters) (Tuscany Holiday Kitchen) - 7.0
Enchilada de Pollo con Mole (Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen) - 7.0
Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls (Shanghai Holiday Kitchen) - 7.0
Coquito (alcoholic) (Feast of the Three Kings) - 7.0
Cheese Fondue (Bavaria) - 7.0
Tamal de Camaron (Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen) - 6.5
Queso Fresco Stuffed Arepa with Shrimp (Feast of the Three Kings) - 6.5
Sauerbraten (Bavaria) - 6.5
Potato Knish (L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen) - 6.0
Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco (Feast of the Three Kings) - 6.0
Bûche de Noël au Chocolat “Christmas Log“ (Le Marche de Noel Holiday Kitchen) - 6.0
La Posada Margarita (Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen) - 6.0
Croissant Donut with Eggnog Pastry Cream (Taste Track) - 6.0
Tres Leches Rice Pudding (Festival of the Three Kings) - 6.0
Egg Cream (L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen) - 5.0
Arroz con Leche (Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen) - 5.0
Cavatappi ai Quattro Formaggi (Tuscany Holiday Kitchen) - 5.0

Just got back from a short trip and hit up the food booths for the Festival of the Holidays. Ate a few things.

The first thing we got was the Tres Leches Rice Pudding. It had been years since I had rice pudding (my mother made it often for our dessert growing up) and this one was very good. The roasted/sugared pumpkin seeds on top were an extra special crunch. Love this.

Next we got the Pork and Vegetable Egg Roll (two in the order) and the Celebration Barbeque Pork with Steamed Rice and a fortune cookie. Both were very good. The Barbequed Pork was a good sized serving and was good for sharing.

We also had the Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl. The Marble potatoes looked a lot like olives, so we didn't eat them We also lost one of the carrots to the ground when it fell off while we were cutting up the bread bowl to soak up more of the fondue. Pretty tasty.

One very delicious surprise was the Crespelle di Mele in Italy. This was really delicious. Should have gotten another to share.

The Slow Roasted Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce was an entire holiday dinner in a small boat. Very good. But the big disappointment was the Chocolate Pecan Tart. The graham cracker tart base was hard as a rock. Almost needed a steak knife to cut it. Then I failed to see the caramel sauce was whiskey flavored and that just gave a bad taste to the entire thing. There wasn't much caramel sauce on top, but just that little bit gave it that alcohol taste which I didn't like at all.

Finally, we got a Maple Buche de Noel at Canada and that was huge and delicious. We planned to get another the next day when we were there in the evening for Illuminations, but we got there too late and the booth was already closed. So we'll have to go back next year. Maybe three nights instead of just two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter