Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo?

Which Show?

• Festival of the Lion King

Votes: 94 69.6%
  • Finding Nemo

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters

la79al

DIS Veteran
I've seen Festival of the Lion King numerous times but never Finding Nemo. We always find the wait too long for some reason. Kids will be 5, 7 and infant, if it matters.

Thnaks Robo, that's what I was thinking. FOTLK as usual and FP+ for FN. If we only have time for one though, which one?

Thnaks Robo, that's what I was thinking. FOTLK as usual and FP+ for FN. If we only have time for one though, which one?

That, I can't decide for you.

Like you trying to tell me which flavor of ice cream I should like better. ;)

We like both shows and see them both on every trip.

We LOVE Nemo and used FP+ for it. Got great seats. Our 12mo loved the first half then fell asleep for the second. It's pretty dark in there. Transferred her to the stroller sleeping to finish her nap. Great show and the kiddo got a snooze too.

We like Lion King, but we've seen the traveling Broadway version a few times and the one at WDW a lot. Nemo is something different for us so two trips ago we started doing Nemo
instead.

Edited to add: if you go back regularly, you can always switch off which one you do.

I am with the others. Try very hard to find time to do both. They are without a doubt the best live shows on Disney property. If I absolutely had to choose one, it would be FoLk.

I love both of the shows, but since you have not seen the Finding Nemo show that is the one I would get a fastpass for and see. Enjoy.

If you've never seen Nemo, you should definitely see it. Not better per se than LK, just totally different. And air-conditioned...LOL. You might not do it every trip, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I've seen FoTLK many times. It's no longer a must do on every trip. In fact, I do it every few years now...or if going with someone who has never seen it. But, I love Finding Nemo! It's probably my favorite WDW show. I try to it every trip.

Yea, this is waay to hard to choose....Both are fantastic shows...Different but equally impressive......At that park, getting them both in shouldn't be an issue, unless you are only going to the park for a short amount of time....If I had to Absolutely choose though, I'd say FOTLK

This is one of the things that comes up for discussion about this park being a 1/2 day park..... There's sooo much to do & see here, at a nice relaxing pace...... Sorry, didn't mean to rant..

I always hanker back to the days of Tarzan Rocks! and get bitter about Nemo......that is probably 25% of the reason I don't love it....I only see it when my friend forces me because I forced her to see Beauty and the Beast.....but then again, I have seen it and I don't care for it, you should probably decide for yourself.......if you only have time for 1, do Nemo, and if you don't like it, see FotLK forever more :)

Oh, and random add on, I LOVE FotLK at AK, and then I saw the broadway show....apparently I was expecting much more cuz I was a bit let down.....so I even like FotLK more than the broadway show! I was even trying to refrain from doing the motions :)

Last edited:
I've seen Festival of the Lion King numerous times but never Finding Nemo. We always find the wait too long for some reason. Kids will be 5, 7 and infant, if it matters.

Since you have never seen Nemo, I vote for that one. I think the appeal is more for younger kids, so go before your kids get older. My favorite is Festival of the Lion King. It is a much more over the top WOW kind of experience. I only vote for Nemo this one time because kids don't stay little forever and you have seen Festival of the Lion King before.

FOTLK is way better. My then 6 year old, who loved Nemo and even had a Nemo birthday party, thought the Nemo show was boring and weird. The way they do it with the puppeteers visibly holding the puppets or wearing them on their heads is just strange. We saw it once and haven't been back. If you can only do one, do FOTLK. We have only done it once too, because we are not big on shows. However, we are going to do FOTLK again next month but skip Nemo.

It's tough to choose, esp since you've never seen one. I like Nemo, but have only seen it twice, most of the friends I go with don't like it at all and won't go with me lol. The first time I saw it I didn't like it either. We were all tired midafternoon and the calming blue and a/c made us all nap through most of it.

Fp it for good seats and watch Folk, there should be plenty of time to do both since Folk runs every hour til about 6pm.

Since you have already seen FOTLK I would suggest changing it up and watching NEMO.

DH couldn't be less thrilled about spending time in shows and he thought FOTLK was just okay(we've seen it twice and we all vote that we can skip it - but maybe that is because we've seen the real broadway production). But we went to NEMO in August (cause it was so hot outside and we needed an extended break) He came out thrilled! This is the guy that can fall asleep in 3D starwars and was sure this would be about as boring to him as the Disney Junior show at HS("puppets... really?"). He really enjoyed it and DS thought it was fantastic.

FOTLK is way better. My then 6 year old, who loved Nemo and even had a Nemo birthday party, thought the Nemo show was boring and weird. The way they do it with the puppeteers visibly holding the puppets or wearing them on their heads is just strange. We saw it once and haven't been back. If you can only do one, do FOTLK. We have only done it once too, because we are not big on shows. However, we are going to do FOTLK again next month but skip Nemo.

Really? The Broadway production of Lion King is exactly this! The artistic element of Nemo is really a high quality production. I find the FOTLK a lot of parade floats and tumblers. Although the musical aspect is good, but I attribute that to a strong score from which they can lift. Guess that's why Disney does so many different things Lots to choose from :)

One of the puppeteers in Lion King Production:
7.203103.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter