Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo?

Which Show?

• Festival of the Lion King

Votes: 94 69.6%
  • Finding Nemo

Votes: 41 30.4%

• Total voters
I completely agree that Finding Nemo is the best show in WDW. We see it at least twice on each trip. We bought the CD and my 4 year old knows the songs by heart. The colors, the talent, the songs.... Ahhh, I can't wait until we see it again!

My family loves FOTLK, but fell asleep twice at FN. I went with my niece the first time and we both fell asleep--so slow and boring for us and the father annoyed us terribly. My H and I tried again on our HM and we both dozed off too--we've never done that at any other show and we weren't tired.

Interesting that you cannot predict what other people will like. I had assumed the vote would be the opposite of what it is. While both are amazing and must see shows, I think Finding Nemo is far better. Much better storytelling and fantastic and unique presentation of a high caliber. Yes there are lots of cool stuff in FOTLK, but it was, as someone else said, less of a story and more separate Circ Du Soliel acts. Very cool, but if I had to choose, it would be Nemo which is a high quality stage production. But which is better is pointless. If you have seen one and not the other, go see whichever you haven't seen!! Then come tell us about it! Only after you have seen both can you then decide for a future trip which to repeat.
Everyone has different tastes but I think Lion King gets more votes because people are more familiar with the music and adults are more familiar with the
My family loves FOTLK, but fell asleep twice at FN. I went with my niece the first time and we both fell asleep--so slow and boring for us and the father annoyed us terribly. My H and I tried again on our HM and we both dozed off too--we've never done that at any other show and we weren't tired.
Just curious do you like the movie Finding Nemo?

It's interesting the varying opinions and tastes in the shows. No one is right or wrong obviously. Personally I find Toy Story Mainia boring after doing it many times, and I know I'm in the minority about that.

Boooo^^^^^^^..

LoL...That's funny....I try and do this 3 times when we visit HS... EDIT: Always ride at least twice. But I know what you mean.....

I've seen Festival of the Lion King numerous times but never Finding Nemo. We always find the wait too long for some reason. Kids will be 5, 7 and infant, if it matters.

'Don't' skip Nemo with children those ages - they will love it! Was just there, saw both shows, and never tire of either of them!

We've never gotten FP's for either,and there's always plenty of room. Granted we 'do not' go in the middle of summer or major holidays. For those times, am sure FP's will be necessary. But, don't skip it whatever!!! You won't regret it! :goodvibes

I say you have to do everything at least once or you'll never know if you like it. Maybe you'll love it and it will be your must do or maybe you'll hate it and never waste your time again asking questions on the DIS ;)

We also love Nemo! DS who was almost 3 on our last trip seemed to get into Nemo more too. He was almost crying when Dori gets stung by the Jellyfish. It all seemed so real to him. I think the storytelling in Nemo is much better then FoTLK. FoTLK seems to just be a Lion King themed show where Nemo really tells the story from the movie. If I had to choose one, I would pick Nemo every time.

I love the songs in Nemo, and the puppetry makes for an interesting viewing experience, but I find Festival to be a more visually compelling show. I always try to see both, though. :)

Another vote for Nemo.

I was actually disappointed in FOTLK, but that was due to the hyping before hand. I hadn't really heard anything about the Nemo show, so it had nothing to live up to.

Out of the two, I would do Nemo everytime. I also thought it was weird at first with the puppets, but that soon faded and I enjoyed every minute.

We've been to the Magic Kingdom for the past three years, with my daughter when she was 4, 5, and 6.

We went to Lion King the first two years and she enjoyed it -- although she REALLY enjoyed it when she was 5 because we got to sit in the second row (grandma had a bad ankle and was in a wheelchair) and she got picked for the show.

In spite of all that, when we finally saw Nemo last year (we had avoided it due to the long run time), my daughter said it was her favorite show in the park.

We found Nemo so boring! My Mom slept through it. I envied her - she didn't have to watch it

One and done for us.

We really miss Tarzan Rocks. We loved that show!

I've seen Festival of the Lion King numerous times but never Finding Nemo. We always find the wait too long for some reason. Kids will be 5, 7 and infant, if it matters.
I would have preferred fn to be redesigned for broadway

I am with the others. Try very hard to find time to do both. They are without a doubt the best live shows on Disney property. If I absolutely had to choose one, it would be FoLk.
The former Aladdin show at California Adventure needs to be in this conversation. That might be considered the best, but it's hard to compare the three since they're so different!

I've seen both shows. I know this because I have pictures from both. But I can't remember Nemo. I guess it's just not that memorable. I have very clear and vivid memories from seeing the Lion King.

The former Aladdin show at California Adventure needs to be in this conversation. That might be considered the best, but it's hard to compare the three since they're so different!

There are many "former" shows on lots of Disney property.
(Several that used to be at WDW, in particular, which I think the PP, subtchr, meant.)
But, including all live shows ever produced at Disney parks is likely a bit broad to include in this thread. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!