Festival of the Lion King to close in January

I'm so mad about this because FotLK is our favorite show - one of the few reasons we go to Animal Kingdom and now it might be closed when we go. :( I HATE Avatar and think this Avatar land is the stupidest thing I've ever heard - in my opinion. I know people liked it, but personally I don't see where it's Disney, Animal Kingdom, nature - it's not reality and Animal Kingdom I thought - was Disney's way of getting families to connect with nature. UGH!

TinaLala said:
I'm so mad about this because FotLK is our favorite show - one of the few reasons we go to Animal Kingdom and now it might be closed when we go. :( I HATE Avatar and think this Avatar land is the stupidest thing I've ever heard - in my opinion. I know people liked it, but personally I don't see where it's Disney, Animal Kingdom, nature - it's not reality and Animal Kingdom I thought - was Disney's way of getting families to connect with nature. UGH!

I think that will me open. There will only be a brief time that its closed.

Disneyfreak44 said:
They are not getting rid of FOTLK most likely take a look at my thread Animal Kingdom Africa expansion

At most it will be closed for a bit before it moves to its new digs

Im really happy to hear that its still playing & that it might not close til later in the year!! I'm still keeping my eye on auditions!! Haha!! When it is set to move, it will have to close for a week or so to move all of the floats, costumes and such over and get everything re set up & even get all the tech stuff re set up!

I'm happy that it's still open! This is one of our favorite things to see in Disney and we wanted DD to see it since it is her first trip. so as long as it stays open for 2 more weeks, I'm good! :goodvibes

I am not sure if this has already been mentioned as this thread is quite long but I have seen the blueprint plans on other non-Disney websites that show plans for what absolutely appears to be a NEW FOTLK Show Building behind the Dawa Bar / Tusker House / Kusafiri Coffe Shop Building in Africa.
The plans show that a path will be built from the edge of the Dawa Bar and bridge from Discovery Island to Africa to the show building located directly behind the Tusker House. It also appears that there are area's (segments) in and around the new show building for carts / merchandise buildings, etc.

Also, it appears that a NEW path in this FOTLK area will also lead over to the current Camp Minnie-Mickey (future Avatar Land) area. Again, I thought this was rather common knowledge of this apparent propposal to build the new FOTLK building in the Africa section where it essentially belongs.

Although it is purely conjecture on my part, I could see this new show building being built and a relative "small" downtime as they move / rehab and upgrade the floats, etc from the old to new show building.....

I believe from what I have read that this show will continue at the new location in Africa at some point and time in the near future with some type of relatively small downtime for the conversion once the new show biulding is complete or very close to completion.

Where will the festival of the lion king show be and the charcaters be from Camp Minnie Mickey because I know you guys are going to build the Avtar land but where are you guys going to put the lion king show at Disney Animal Kingdom and also will the lion king show be like the one in Hong Kong Disneyland or the same?

Where will the festival of the lion king show be and the charcaters be from Camp Minnie Mickey because I know you guys are going to build the Avtar land but where are you guys going to put the lion king show at Disney Animal Kingdom and also will the lion king show be like the one in Hong Kong Disneyland or the same?

Jambo!

Festival of the Lion King if moved will likely move to Africa. That seems to be the most likely rumor although I have heard over by Rafiki's Planet Watch too. and yes its similar to the one at Hong Kong

The store, Beastly Bazaar that was located on Discovery Island has been closed for several months. Disney has announced that it is being retooled into a character meet and greet experience.

This is sad news!! My children love that show. There are others that they should eliminate before this one!

Jambo!

Festival of the Lion King if moved will likely move to Africa. That seems to be the most likely rumor although I have heard over by Rafiki's Planet Watch too. and yes its similar to the one at Hong Kong

The store, Beastly Bazaar that was located on Discovery Island has been closed for several months. Disney has announced that it is being retooled into a character meet and greet experience.

The plans Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management district clearly show it moving to Africa.

The plans Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management district clearly show it moving to Africa.

If those plans are to be believed then yes. That appears to be true. Disney has not officially announced it though. Nor have they even announced Avatarland will be there

If those plans are to be believed then yes. That appears to be true. Disney has not officially announced it though. Nor have they even announced Avatarland will be there

I don't know why Disney would file fake plans with a government agency? Based on these plans there is no doubt that they are planning to move FOTLK to Africa, of course that doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through with the plan.

I really hope the just move it and don't get rid of it! It is my favorite Disney parks show!!!

KaylaSue22 said:
I really hope the just move it and don't get rid of it! It is my favorite Disney parks show!!!

Every rumor has it moving not closing permanently

So we will he in Animal Kingdom a week from Saturday on 2/10. Please tell me it will still be open then!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter