Festival of the Lion King to close in January

I don't know why Disney would file fake plans with a government agency? Based on these plans there is no doubt that they are planning to move FOTLK to Africa, of course that doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through with the plan.

There are no reasons to lie to the water management district...

The plans filed with water management from the RCID are best public option to see "behind the curtain" at WDW.

the property is governed as a water management zone...which means they have to play by the rules in the doing their construction activities. The Fla legislature exempted Reedy Creek and Lake Buena Vista from most requirements by special law in 1966...this one is not one of the exceptions.

To give examples...when the plans from water management leaked about Bay Lake Tower...it was built EXACTLY as it had been submitted.
When the plans for the DVC at Grand Floridian showed up on the internet - the current construction is EXACTLY the same.

So if they put in a plan to rebuild a theater in Africa - then the show is a-goin' to Africa.

We got our 2013 Disney planning DVD today and they went park through park describing what not to miss and the FOTLK wasnt mentioned at all. I was surprised since it was so popular and they mentioned Finding Nemo. Im hoping they still keep it running while they are building the new site so we can still see it on our trip in May. :(

Does this mean that it should still be open at the current location end of March? I really hope so! We love this show!

kcmickey said:
Does this mean that it should still be open at the current location end of March? I really hope so! We love this show!

There is no word on when or even if it will close or move

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!