Few Comments about a recent trip

chrismoo

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Back from a visit (29th August - 2nd Sept)

Managed to ride Rock'n'Roller coaster 12 times in a row, (got to the studios for opening)

Can anyone better this?

Fell flat on my back, hitting my head in the cave for Davy Jones Locker, another guest thought it was part of the attraction, Hurt a bit but got straight up.

Now have 2 "space mountain" bruises on my shoulders, however I think the new ride is better but I miss the Moon. After the first ride I worked out how to manage myself so not to get injured.

Star Tours was like an oven on hot days, I think it was like 34-35c one day outside. They could do with Air Con in the star speeders, the rest of the building is nice and cool.

One day I did a bad thing and went to Parc Asterix, its a pretty good park the 3 or 4 water rides are great in the sun, and the Dolphin show was great.

Really nice CM in Annetts, (Melody) will be emailing DLRP to comment.

Thats about all I can remember but had a great time,

Chris

Glad you had a good time.

Rock n Roll Rollercoaster 12 times in a row - you're definately a thrill seeker! I'm not brave enough to attempt one.

Hi Chris
sounds that you had a wonderful time, in spite of a couple of mishaps :)
Never been on RnR but hopefully one of the troops will be up for this in the next year or so :)

Reid

Three times in a row is the most I've ever done, that was for It's A Small World and Pirates of the Caribbiean - I'm with Joanne on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, you won't get me on once!

Added some pics now, none of Disney though as I don't really have anything new that most people won't have seen.

Thanks for your comments Chris - very interesting :flower:

I've found the Adventureland caves to be quite perilous when they're wet or icy!

Now have 2 "space mountain" bruises on my shoulders, however I think the new ride is better but I miss the Moon. After the first ride I worked out how to manage myself so not to get injured.

Any tips you can pass on about this?!

12 times on any rollercoaster and I would be :crazy2: :sick: :crazy2: I'm impressed!!

The way I found to be most effective is to sit high in the seat.

Then sort of twist yourself into the turn, by pushing one shoulder into the restraint the other is free and neither has a chance to sort of bash against the edge.

Also if your can put your feet up rather then straight down in the holes, theres a sort of ledge for feet slightly above. This seems to hold you firmer in the seat as your legs / feet push down more.

Interesting to read your comments Chris. Also nice to hear that you will be contacting DLRP to comment on a particularly good CM, it's easy for us to take this for granted and only contact them if we want to complain!!

Would be interested to see any of your pictures even if you think they're the same as other people's.

Twelve times in a row?!

And I love RnR but no way could I manage that many times in a row :rolleyes1

Sounds like you had a great (if painful ;) ) trip!

Count me as someone who would love to see any photos you have of DLP. You have some great shots there of Parc Asterix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter