Few Universal Questions for first timers

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
IF we want to take in all of the Harry Potter stuff at Universal, one day or two days?
Anything there for 7 and 9 year olds, or is it more geared towards older kids/teens?

THANKS!

I think you could do the majority of the Harry Potter stuff in a day, but if you really want to do it all--shows and spells and the like you would need a couple days. As far as 7-9 year olds we're here at the moment and the place is crawling with them so they must be doing something. Seriously there are a handful of rides they may be too short for, but frankly we've been here for a week and almost all the rides we've done (we're not big coaster people ) have had children on them.

The Potter sections have a big draw with all ages

Depends on when you are going if you can do it all in one day or two

Stay onsite in one of the 3 deluxe hotels and get free unlimited rights to the ep lines

That will save you wait times for rides

Depending on your dates could mean you can hit both parks for potter in one day

I’d want at least 2 so I wouldn’t feel rushed.
There’s absolutely a bunch for kids that age to do!!!

If you want to do everything-including the spells, Ollivanders, all of the shows (five total- there’s two diff plays in Diagon), all of the shops, taking in the details, looking in the restuarants even if you don’t eat there, just taking in all of the tiny details- you need two days if you want to do anything outside the wizarding world. If you’re just interested in the rides, catching some shows, and quickly browsing the shops, one day is fine. You need a park to park ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express.

There’s not much kids can’t do, though they may not be interested in everything. The big coasters may be the only things younger school age kids are too short for. You can find height restrictions on the app and website.

Are your kids more adventurous? Gringotts and FJ scare my 6 yr old. He does not like to go on them. My oldest didn't like them the trips where she was 8 and 9 (at 10 she now likes them). They are dark and have sections where various villains and scary magical creatures are involved. On Gringotts they're screens. On FJ it's a combination of physical props/animatronics and screens. Both oldest and youngest are bothered by scary movies though. If your kids are not, then it's probably not an issue. My middle child never had an issue with either ride and has loved them both from the moment she first rode (at 7).

Oldest and youngest still get a lot out of the HP areas though. They like the shows, HE, spells, and of course butter beer. If your kids are into HP then definitely go. There is a lot geared to all ages even if the 2 big rides aren't for them.

I’d do 2 days, there are so many things to do at Universal. Our last visit we had 3 days and were hard pressed to get everything in we wanted. And had Express Pass from our onsite hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!