Fifth Gate?

I really don’t think we will see a 5th gate in the next 10, maybe even 15 years. I just don’t think Disney are there yet. Especially with the expansion land they have for Epcot.

There is a plot for another Seven Seas Monorail Resort between TTC and Contemporary... if they wanted to add a Monorail resort.

Adding more load & stops to the Monorail would be an issue no matter where you built... Epcot, next to existing Resorts or on the land set aside for a new resort. Disney has looked at it going back to the 90's...
If i remember correctly that land is unsuitable. They clear it every now and then and do some tests. They never built the resort there and on the lot currently being used for storage just north of Bay Lake Tower. There was originally supposed to be 5 monorail resorts. You can see all 5 resorts in these pics 3C508B9E-5AE0-429C-9A26-C03FF87EC2B5.jpeg271B542C-F62F-42BF-A1CE-C901D603195C.jpeg

Last edited:
Considering its on Stage 28 and not the main stage I am thinking its film or TV related not parks.

Sorry I know this was posted a while ago, do you think TWDC would ever invest in purchasing (I don't know if that's the right word but we will go with it) Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo Disney Parks? If so do you think that could be the big announcement?

Sorry I know this was posted a while ago, do you think TWDC would ever invest in purchasing (I don't know if that's the right word but we will go with it) Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo Disney Parks? If so do you think that could be the big announcement?
Disney owns 0 of Tokyo. If anything they would buy more stake in Shanghai or Hong King. I don’t see that happening anytime soon though.

Disney owns 0 of Tokyo. If anything they would buy more stake in Shanghai or Hong King. I don’t see that happening anytime soon though.

Sometimes I find it hard to swallow that TDL and TDS are my favourite parks when Disney have nothing to do with them! Says a lot.

Sometimes I find it hard to swallow that TDL and TDS are my favourite parks when Disney have nothing to do with them! Says a lot.
It doesn't really say anything, I don't think. In both cases, WDI designed the parks and maintains artistic control over them. What Disney doesn't have in those parks is ownership interest.

It doesn't really say anything, I don't think. In both cases, WDI designed the parks and maintains artistic control over them. What Disney doesn't have in those parks is ownership interest.
Correct, Oriental Land Company just licenses the characters from Disney for use and then pays for WDI to do the design work.

I really don’t think we will see a 5th gate in the next 10, maybe even 15 years. I just don’t think Disney are there yet. Especially with the expansion land they have for Epcot.
Agreed.

When 3 of their 4 parks are hardly ever at capacity, even during the holidays, it makes much more sense to try and plus the existing parks so that they are bigger draws.

We might not see an actual "5th Gate" but im thinking we see a whole new land like star wars where as its not a separate park but does have its own gates with the ability to control crowds. Im personally hoping for a villans land but it seems disney is leaning toward marvel.

We might not see an actual "5th Gate" but im thinking we see a whole new land like star wars where as its not a separate park but does have its own gates with the ability to control crowds. Im personally hoping for a villans land but it seems disney is leaning toward marvel.

Many of the characters in MCU Phase 4... are not ones Universal has rights too. (and not ones the public knows very well either).

I would love to see a Beastly Kingdom 5th park, but Disney would have to see how "Raya and the Last Dragon" does first. Last time it didn't workout for them when they released Dinosaur the ride before the movie.

Last edited:
The point I was trying to make is that the crowds wanting to go to the parks is what is driving the construction of hotels, not the other way around. I have never heard a person say they would like to go to WDW, but aren't because they can't get a room.

The continued expansion of DVC means more people are committed to coming to WDW. Our family comes more often because of our investment in DVC. We’re pot committed. Without DVC we would still come, but not as much. We recently added on riviera because we liked the concept of the property. We’re now bringing another family with us next summer to riviera that wouldn’t have gone otherwise. Hotel expansion add more visitors for sure.

If not Dark Kingdom than Beastly Kingdom (Dominion) should be the 5th park. Those are the only ideas that make any sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!