Figment's Second 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, 2015

I love reading about Figment's day! He always seems to have the best time and chooses the most delicious looking food!
Thanks! Figment will also have more food photos (and reviews) from the rest of his trip on the Disneyland Dining thread.

I love your update! I don't mind the lines too much unless they get crazy, but Disneyland is a place with lines so we live with it. I think I will opt for the popcorn in the other container to keep the other clean! Thank you for that idea!
Just let the CM when you buy the popcorn how you'd like it; some will ask, other will automatically put it in the container. Some buckets (the Dumbo, Darth Vader, and Cinderella's Carriage) came automatically with the popcorn separately. I also take ziploc baggies with me to put the popcorn in (if I'm not going to eat it right away).

Figment's trip reports are my favourite! I love his snazzy outfits too!
Thanks!

Enjoying Figment's first-hand perspective of the 24-hour event! :)

It's always fun to talk with CMs. I watched the fireworks when Disney did the live cameras and I have to agree that it celebrated Disney movies more than Disneyland. The musical choices and special effects could have more of a Disneyland bend. But, they are fun all the same.

Oh, I too really enjoyed the Under the Sea bit. I watched the fireworks from Main St. and it was such a surprise! I also loved the Frozen sequence. I know, a lot of people are over it, but everyone was singing on Main St. when it came on, so that was fun! I know what you mean about the name of the show though, it was really more about the movies than the park. Still very entertaining though!

Glad you found a good spot to watch the 1am parade! I absolutely loved it and I really hope that we'll get to see it again next weekend when I take DS7.

Continuing with Figment's Second 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, 2015...

Midnight to 1:00 am - While waiting for the parade, the Dapper Dans came out and performed. Their new show is really good! Figment especially liked the Disneyland-Medley!
DSC_0559_zpseamska1j.jpg

By this point, a lot guests were napping along the parade route!
DSC_0569_zpsmvsjxnyg.jpg

They even had new balloons for the 60th!
DSC_0600%201am_zpsqtpntdsz.jpg

1:00 am to 2:00 am - It was time for Paint the Night! The parade was very colorful and bright. The effects were awesome and it was very lively. Figment liked some of it, but it did remind him a lot of the Pixar Play Parade over in DCA because nearly half of the elements seemed like they were from Pixar (Monsters Inc, Cars, Nemo, Toy Story). He would have liked to see more "classic" elements (e.g., Snow White or Aurora as one of the princesses, some of the other animated features). The main Disney characters showed up at the end (Minnie, Donald, and Goofy - where was Pluto?) and the last Mickey float was Figment's favorite!
DSC_0567%20midnight_zpsdxkqaxuy.jpg

DSC_0601_zpsxxjtre40.jpg

DSC_0642_zps73emrlqk.jpg

DSC_0654_zpsicq6azqa.jpg

DSC_0689_zpsweh4tuhk.jpg

DSC_0747_zpsyhj5pchb.jpg

DSC_0781_zpshkakuz1d.jpg

DSC_0784_zpsdz4fm5bn.jpg

2:00 am to 3:00 am - After Paint the Night ended, Figment headed out to do a few rides. The lines inside the park were pretty short. He started with Buzz Lightyear and finally got to check out the Little Green Command Store. He picked up a few of the limited edition pins and then headed towards Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
DSC_0794%202am_zps48bgaicl.jpg

3:00 am to 4:00 am - Figment decided to take a train ride around Disneyland at this point. It's a nice and relaxing way to see what's happening in the parks (and the Esplanade). By the time the train got to the Esplanade, things had quieted down. Every ticket gate looked staffed, but no one was coming in.
DSC_0797%203am_zps23f56tls.jpg

Figment got off the train at Toontown and decided to check out the Pajama Party that was happening. There was karaoke, face painting, cartoons, and the characters in the PJs!
DSC_0798%204am_zpscrpaiz0j.jpg

DSC_0801_zpsrponjynm.jpg

Enjoying Figment's first-hand perspective of the 24-hour event! :)
Thanks! This 24-hour event was a lot different from the one in 2014, but it was still fun.

It's always fun to talk with CMs. I watched the fireworks when Disney did the live cameras and I have to agree that it celebrated Disney movies more than Disneyland. The musical choices and special effects could have more of a Disneyland bend. But, they are fun all the same.
Figment likes most all fireworks show and he did like this one, it just didn't really remind him of DL. Maybe the designers felt that the Remember fireworks show really heavily featured attraction music, so they wanted something different for Disneyland Forever.

Oh, I too really enjoyed the Under the Sea bit. I watched the fireworks from Main St. and it was such a surprise! I also loved the Frozen sequence. I know, a lot of people are over it, but everyone was singing on Main St. when it came on, so that was fun! I know what you mean about the name of the show though, it was really more about the movies than the park. Still very entertaining though!
After seeing the Frozen sequence, I can kind of see where they think the Disneyland Forever fireworks will be okay at the holidays. While some guests really love the holiday fireworks show (e.g., music), a lot of guests seem most impressed/interested in the snow. Now the new show uses that effect year-around, so it might not be as "special" during the holiday season.

Glad you found a good spot to watch the 1am parade! I absolutely loved it and I really hope that we'll get to see it again next weekend when I take DS7.
The trick of finding a spot right after the fireworks ended worked on Saturday and Sunday nights as well. It just means seeing fireworks first and then the parade second. So if your DS7 can make it until 11:00 pm, I would highly recommend going that route!

Great to see Figment got a cool new ear hat to celebrate :goodvibes
Thanks! He has new hats for all of his trips, but this time he had sparkly ones for the 60th. :goodvibes

I got the same feeling when I watched the parade on the computer. I would have thought maybe the might stick with more classic characters. I thought I saw Pluto in the parade.

I got the same feeling when I watched the parade on the computer. I would have thought maybe the might stick with more classic characters. I thought I saw Pluto in the parade.
Maybe (hopefully) they've added him! It was only Goofy, Donald, and Minnie on the round balls and then Mickey on the last float when I saw the parade over Memorial Day weekend, but it seemed a little odd to be missing such a classic character.

The trick of finding a spot right after the fireworks ended worked on Saturday and Sunday nights as well. It just means seeing fireworks first and then the parade second. So if your DS7 can make it until 11:00 pm, I would highly recommend going that route!

We might just try that. It will be a stretch to get him to stay up that long, but we'll see how it goes. At the moment we have a F! RBT dining package for Sun, June 14th, so the plan would be to see the first F! show, stay there to watch fireworks and then head over to town square to find a place to sit for the parade. I'm thinking town square because it will start from that end so when it's over it will be easy for us to slip out of the park. He will be a super tired boy but hopefully we can make it work for us. It sure would be better than waiting several hours for the earlier parade!

I love figment's special ears too. They are adorable!

WOW... I love all the pics posted, and love the way Disneyland decorated, just so beautiful. I am pretty impressed how they went all out to make it such a special celebration.

We might just try that. It will be a stretch to get him to stay up that long, but we'll see how it goes. At the moment we have a F! RBT dining package for Sun, June 14th, so the plan would be to see the first F! show, stay there to watch fireworks and then head over to town square to find a place to sit for the parade. I'm thinking town square because it will start from that end so when it's over it will be easy for us to slip out of the park. He will be a super tired boy but hopefully we can make it work for us. It sure would be better than waiting several hours for the earlier parade! I love figment's special ears too. They are adorable!
I've read that they haven't been opening the Main Street bypasses lately, but if they have them open, one spot to consider in Town Square is between City Hall and the Emporium, on the street itself. When we walked down there, the bypass was open, so people were exiting the bypass and merging with the traffic on Main Street. After the bypass crowds thinned out, the CMs put up ropes that ran from the curb area in front of City Hall to one of the posts by the Emporium. So this area became parade viewing and didn't fill up as fast as the rest of Main Street. You might check to see if that area is still avilable when you get there. It's on the street (not a curb), so you have to sit flat on the ground, but if you have cushions for BB, you could use those!

WOW... I love all the pics posted, and love the way Disneyland decorated, just so beautiful. I am pretty impressed how they went all out to make it such a special celebration. and I must say, I love Figments little Mickey Ears...so adorable!
Figment really liked the way the parks looked too! He was happy to see that they decorated both parks (so DCA got some decor as well)! Thank you...Figment loves wearing new hats to fit either the theme of the trip or just show off his favorite characters.

I've read that they haven't been opening the Main Street bypasses lately, but if they have them open, one spot to consider in Town Square is between City Hall and the Emporium, on the street itself. When we walked down there, the bypass was open, so people were exiting the bypass and merging with the traffic on Main Street. After the bypass crowds thinned out, the CMs put up ropes that ran from the curb area in front of City Hall to one of the posts by the Emporium. So this area became parade viewing and didn't fill up as fast as the rest of Main Street. You might check to see if that area is still avilable when you get there. It's on the street (not a curb), so you have to sit flat on the ground, but if you have cushions for BB, you could use those!
Oh, that is really good to know. Thanks! Unfortunately, we probably won't have the BB cushions because I could only get a RBT F! package. I'm checking everyday though to see if there's a cancellation for BB since I would really prefer that. We'll bring a small blanket for F! and the parade, so we would be fine sitting on the ground. Thanks again!

Continuing with Figment's Second 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, 2015...

4:00 am to 5:00 am - The line was still pretty short for It's a Small World, so Figment hopped on. He was just about to board the boat when the clock struck 4:00 am and the dolls came out.
DSC_0816_zps8xdwx5ww.jpg

The clock struck 4:15 pm as he was leaving! At this point, he had reached the 24-hour mark (with no naps)!
DSC_0828%20415am_zpsjy8cjlfq.jpg

Figment slowly made his way down towards the front of the park. He decided to stop at Buzz Lightyear for one final ride. The line inside the shop was much longer than when he rode it around 2:00 am. After riding Buzz, Figment decided it was time to head to Main Street to spend the last hour or so of the party watching guests.

5:00 am to 6:00 am - Figment spent the last hour of the party sitting at Jolly Holiday watching people head down Main Street. Some people looked very tired, others looked awake still. Some guests were in costumes, some in PJs. It was an interesting assortment of guests.
DSC_0834%205am_zpsuuzhmxoj.jpg

6:00 am - The 24-Hour Day ended with a little show on the Train Station. The characters same out (dressed in their PJs) and sang the Mickey Mouse Club good-bye song.
DSC_0848_zpspswyvvb2.jpg

DSC_0863_zps2zywktrt.jpg

It was now 6:00 am and Figment had survived his second 24-hour day in Disneyland!
DSC_0860%206am_zpsubkhrjrr.jpg

Figment headed back to his hotel room with all of his souvie containers and mugs!
DSC_0865_zpspukpnqmd.jpg

Overall Thoughts - This 24-Hour day was very different from the one in 2014. Figment had a really good time, but it was largely due to the fact that he was inside Disneyland for most of the event so he didn't see the chaos that was happening in DCA or DTD. For the guests inside Disneyland, yes, the parade route and fireworks viewing areas were super-crowded, but much of the rest of the park was manageable. It wasn't empty, but it wasn't wall-to-wall people either. The crowds really seemed to thin out in the park after the fireworks, but the 1:00 am PtN parade route was still busy/full. After that was when the park really felt empty (much more like the 24-hour event in 2014). Figment did notice a slight bump in crowds when the gates re-opened around 3:00 am.

If this had been Figment's first 24-Hour Day, he's not sure he would have gone back to another one. However, while busy, he still had a good time and would probably consider returning in 2016 (if they have another 24-Hour Day).

I loved it! It has made me really excited for our Dapper Day visit in September! Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

I highly recommend checking out the Dapper Dans when you visit in September. Assuming they're still doing the new routine for the 60th, it was a lot of fun. Although...by September...they may have added in a few "Halloween" themed songs to the mix. :goodvibes HalloweenTime is another one of Figment's favorite times to visit DLR. Hopefully it will have kicked-off by Dapper Days!

I always try to take the time to listen to the Dapper Dan's. They never fail to make me smile. I'm really curious as to how much Halloween we will get to see. I'm hoping for some. Especially the Villains!!

I know there is a lot of speculation at this point about what will happen with HalloweenTime given the 60th Anniversary celebration and all of the rumors at the end of last year about changes that may come to MHP, but I think things will largely be "status quo" in terms of MHP and HalloweenTime in general (I think there might be some reduction in MS decor because of the 60th decor), but I think that HMH, SMGG, the Halloween Carnival, and MHP will happen like normal. At least that's what I'm hoping!

I know there is a lot of speculation at this point about what will happen with HalloweenTime given the 60th Anniversary celebration and all of the rumors at the end of last year about changes that may come to MHP, but I think things will largely be "status quo" in terms of MHP and HalloweenTime in general (I think there might be some reduction in MS decor because of the 60th decor), but I think that HMH, SMGG, the Halloween Carnival, and MHP will happen like normal. At least that's what I'm hoping!

I'm hoping so too! Part of the reason for going when we are is because we thought we would get some of the Halloween decorations and the characters in costume. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the Diamond Celebration too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter