Figment's Second 24-Hour Day in Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure, 2015

Disney has a way of surprising everyone, but at this point they aren't using the Big Thunder Jamboree Carnival area for anything related to the 60th anniversary (it was still featuring the Spring Time Round-Up over Memorial Day weekend!), so that bodes well for the Halloween Carnival. My guess is that the characters will be in their 60th anniversary attire in Town Square, but they might do the Halloween Carnival like normal (so Halloween attire there, plus Conjure a Villain).

Disney has a way of surprising everyone, but at this point they aren't using the Big Thunder Jamboree Carnival area for anything related to the 60th anniversary (it was still featuring the Spring Time Round-Up over Memorial Day weekend!), so that bodes well for the Halloween Carnival. My guess is that the characters will be in their 60th anniversary attire in Town Square, but they might do the Halloween Carnival like normal (so Halloween attire there, plus Conjure a Villain).

That would definitely work for us!

These items were not specifically related to the 24-hour day, but they were "new" for the 60th Anniversary Celebration!

60th Anniversary Cake Pop - Figment really liked the silver ears which looked kind of like the souvenir Mickey ears that guests were wearing!
DSC_0064_zpsbcuvjkcw.jpg

60th Anniversary Mickey and Minnie Cake Pops - So cute!
DSC_0066_zpsghzcwn4h.jpg

60th Anniversary Mickey and Minnie Chocolate Dipped Caramel Applies - Figment really liked these apples. He was going to try the Minnie one, but they sold out of those, so he bought the Mickey instead. Very yummy!
DSC_0070_zpsud4bed2i.jpg

60th Anniversary Mickey and Minnie Rice Crispie Treats - Very cute.
DSC_0072_zpsukhe4lry.jpg

DSC_0074_zpsvtaneyc4.jpg

Most all of these items were available at the candy shops throughout the resort (e.g., Candy Palace, Pooh's Corner, Marceline's, Trolley Treats). There were also marshmallow wands, cookies, and other treats that were covered in blue sprinkles.

Finally able to read your trip report during the 24 Hour event at the DLR. You are brave Figment to do the 24 Hour event again. I will have to consider it one day but it was great to see your pics during the event. All the stuff during the 24 Hour event are amazing and boy I wanted a lot of the items that was available for that event.

Great report.

Really enjoyed reading Figment's trip report. He is way too cute and has so many different outfits! Also, love the photos, especially of the food and merchandise. Maybe one day, we can do a 24 hour day. Thank you for sharing.:-)

Those treats are so pretty!! Especially the detail on the cake pops! Can't wait to try them!

I love Figments little 60th anniversary hat and love love love the castle mug you got at Plaza. The decorations and everything looks amazing for the 60th annviersary. I love Figments little 60th anniversary hat and love love love the castle mug you got at Plaza.

The paint the night parade looks awesome also and love the idea of the pj party

This was our first 24 hour day and we would do it again!! We also stayed in Disneyland all day because we didn't want to chance not getting back in. We got there about 5:15 am came in from the DLH side and breezed thorough the gates..now when we got to Main St that was a different story. Jam packed!! I made it into the Emporium as I wasn't as smart as you to buy the shirts before hand. My husband and son went to see if a locker was available. (No such luck, but we kinda figured that) Besides Main St first thing in the morning, waiting to get food at Tomorrowland Terrace, and the crowds for PTN and the fireworks, it really wasn't bad. We got in a ton of rides and met some really great people! Edited to say: we would do it again!

I know it's been a while, but I finally got around to seeing World of Color: Celebrate. I'm of mixed feelings about the show. I wasn't a huge fan of World of Color to begin with; mostly I don't like the viewing set-up because I have a hard time seeing the lower level stuff. Of the three new shows that debuted for the 60th Anniversary, I do feel that WoC: Celebrate is the only one that is really about Disneyland. It's not entirely about Disneyland (they still worked in Let It Go and Frozen, along with clips from other animated movies), but it does feature Disneyland. Whereas both PtN and Disneyland: Forever really aren't about Disneyland - they're about Disney and Pixar movies. So in that way, I did like WoC: Celebrate, but I have to agree that it was a bit slow in parts...it's still basically a lot of mist screen images with dancing water fountains. So, I liked the fact it featured Disneyland, but it's still not a show I would make a huge effort to see again...

Another awesome TR with wonderful photos! Love the blinged-out diamond celebration-inspired ears he's wearing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter