Fill me in on Kidani Villiage

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
Looking to rent points for a studio at Kidani Villiage for a trip soon. Everything looks great, but wondering about the bus service, walk to the busses/pool, and shuttle service to Jambo house. BTW...we are two adults and one 6 yr old. Would have to use garden grocer for food, which I had planned to anyways. Would mostly eat at park but like having QS options at Mara for dinner. Thanks!

Last September I took my middle son on a father-son WDW trip. It was kind of last minute so our choices were SSR and AKKV. Since I've stayed at SSR before I chose AKKV this time. We had a great time staying there. The studio was clean and worked out great. We watched animals and went to the pool between going to the parks. The van between AKKV and AKJH worked out great. I did miss not having easier access to the Mara but it really didn't impact the trip. Plus if you'll have food in the room it's also not so much an issue. Be sure to check out the schedule for pool and animal viewing activities. Last our room was half way down the hall heading toward Jambo. We didn't have any issue with the length of the walk. Enjoy!!

Looking to rent points for a studio at Kidani Villiage for a trip soon. Everything looks great, but wondering about the bus service, walk to the busses/pool, and shuttle service to Jambo house. BTW...we are two adults and one 6 yr old. Would have to use garden grocer for food, which I had planned to anyways. Would mostly eat at park but like having QS options at Mara for dinner. Thanks!

I think you will be very happy there. We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani. Buses are good. Kidani is the first pick up and drop off. We found the walk to the pool to be no issue. It's right off the lobby down a small path. We loved spending our afternoons there. Shuttle to and from Jambo worked great for us. We used it several times. Came frequently. Never waited more then 5 mins and the drivers were very nice.

Stayed at Kidani for a big family trip in 2011 and everyone loved, loved, loved it. The pool area was a HUGE hit and we never had any bus issues at all. The hallways can be a bit long, but we didn't really mind. My favorite thing about AKL and Kidani is that they really feel like a respite at the end of a busy Disney day. I was never a real AKL fan until I stayed there (I had visited before) and then I fell in love.

Us too... My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom and absolutely loved it. The pool is great, transportation wasn't too bad, the walk to Jambo House was 5 - 10 minutes. Sanaa is a really nice restaurant, you have to try the Naan with the 9 sauce sampler. We liked Kidani so much, we are seriously considering adding on.

:) We love Kidani because it has a more homey feel than Jambo. It is a very quiet resort with a fantastic pool (maybe you will see the wild turkeys like we did). The only reason we stay at Jambo is for the value studios. Kidani actually has a more romantic relaxing vibe to me. We have only had to wait on buses a few times like everywhere else. The trips to and from the parks are not bad and we actually enjoy the ride. They really try to make the connection between Jambo and Kidani easy for you. All park buses pick up Kidani first...so you just get on the first one that pulls up and the next stop is Jambo. Coming to Kidani from Jambo you would need to get the van shuttle at the front door, walk the nice trail or take the DTD bus which stops at Jambo first.

Keep an open mind and play like you are going to Africa...the landscaping and subtle colors and thatching of the resorts really takes you there. It is a very special resort and unlike any I have ever stayed in.

I hope you don't mind me adding a question :flower3:

We are staying at Kadani for 3 nights, BCV 2 nights, then off property and will have a car the entire 9 nights. When going to Magic Kingdom from Kidani- is it quicker to take the bus than our car so we can avoid having to go around the lagoon? On our last trip to POFQ we didn't like the buses, but I am thinking we should use it for MK. What about Epcot and Hollywood Studios? We plan on doing some split days with the pool in the afternoon, so I am looking for the quickest way to and from.

We stayed at Kidinai with no car. We made sure we left extra time to get to the park if we had an ADR other than that we really did not feel as if the bus trips were a hassle. Although at time daughter was 3 and the bus was one of her favorite things about the trip. We were there during month of Sept so overall crowds were low.

If at Kidani... I recommend the bus. That way, you don't have to deal with the parking of your POV before entering the park. The BCV is situated about 5 - 10 minute walk to the "back gate" of EPCOT. Hollywood Studios is a boat ride; however, there is also a walking trail and will take about 20 minutes to the main entrance.

If off site, I have also heard people parking at Downtown Disney and taking the bus to parks.

Everyone that has posted before me is absolutely right. I personally feel like AKL is the best kept secret at Disney. I see a lot of negative posts about the bus system, but we have never had an issue with the bus system AKL. If you want to ride a crappy bus system, try the busses at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter