Filthy Bathrooms!

Winmickey

Earning My Ears
I have been coming to Disneyworld with my family since 1994. I had been here a few times before prior to having a family. One of the most unique and positive things about Walt Disney World was cleanliness. I visited from Wednesday April 3rd through April 7th and found any bathroom I went to on property was dirty and had multiple broken dryers paper dispensers toilets etc. I have been during the busy Christmas season and many times during Easter and Spring break periods. Dirty paper on the floors dirty sinks empty toilet paper rolls leaky faucets etc. I was sick to my stomache after seeing these public restrooms in such a awful state . I had family and friends who had never been to Disney before . I had bragged up the condition of the parks and restaurants and now my Disney is not a standout anymore and wondered if any other frequent park guests have noticed this awful neglect and decline.

I have been coming to Disneyworld with my family since 1994. I had been here a few times before prior to having a family. One of the most unique and positive things about Walt Disney World was cleanliness. I visited from Wednesday April 3rd through April 7th and found any bathroom I went to on property was dirty and had multiple broken dryers paper dispensers toilets etc. I have been during the busy Christmas season and many times during Easter and Spring break periods. Dirty paper on the floors dirty sinks empty toilet paper rolls leaky faucets etc. I was sick to my stomache after seeing these public restrooms in such a awful state . I had family and friends who had never been to Disney before . I had bragged up the condition of the parks and restaurants and now my Disney is not a standout anymore and wondered if any other frequent park guests have noticed this awful neglect and decline.
Did you grab somebody and say anything....or send an email to GS. Do that....you'll get a response.

I emailed guest services and received a reply that it would possibly be 7 days to respond to my complaint. I told a cardmember at the Tangled restroom at the Magic Kingdom and was told they were short cardmembers in that area. I have never seen this kind of condition of the previous 35 visits and I have been in the parks during many spring break and holiday peak time periods.

This is the kind of thing that every guest who notices it should complain about. And not just to nearby CMs, but in email form to Disney as well. One of the reasons DL even became a reality was to create and keep a clean park. No one should have to tolerate filthy bathrooms.

I emailed guest services and received a reply that it would possibly be 7 days to respond to my complaint. I told a cardmember at the Tangled restroom at the Magic Kingdom and was told they were short cardmembers in that area. I have never seen this kind of condition of the previous 35 visits and I have been in the parks during many spring break and holiday peak time periods.

I remember there was a dirty bathroom once when I went in 1997. I was never the same again.

Most of the time I would blame guests for some of the conditions of the bathrooms. I have seen children and adults - yes, adults - throw paper on the floor, splatter water, etc. with no thought or concern - both should know better, just don't care. I have seen harried CM's trying to keep up with the cleaning. Some people act like filthy pigs in public.

Otherwise in the 48 years of going to WDW, I have never really seen the bathrooms as described here. Have never seen filthy or broken, just terribly sloppy, especially during rains. (not saying things haven't been broken - just haven't witnessed any). None of this bothers me as I don't see it as a cleanliness issue - can't fix rude guests!

Most of the time I would blame guests for some of the conditions of the bathrooms. I have seen children and adults - yes, adults - throw paper on the floor, splatter water, etc. with no thought or concern - both should know better, just don't care. I have seen harried CM's trying to keep up with the cleaning. Some people act like filthy pigs in public.

Otherwise in the 48 years of going to WDW, I have never really seen the bathrooms as described here. Have never seen filthy or broken, just terribly sloppy, especially during rains. (not saying things haven't been broken - just haven't witnessed any). None of this bothers me as I don't see it as a cleanliness issue - can't fix rude guests!
I would agree, except we went to SeaWorld San Diego this last weekend and it was absolutely packed (I would say at least a 9/10 day, if not 10/10) and people were definitely rude and not clean. Yet, somehow the bathrooms stayed meticulously clean, not sure how they manage to do it, but they do and if SeaWorld can do it on that busy of a day, so can Disney.

I would agree, except we went to SeaWorld San Diego this last weekend and it was absolutely packed (I would say at least a 9/10 day, if not 10/10) and people were definitely rude and not clean. Yet, somehow the bathrooms stayed meticulously clean, not sure how they manage to do it, but they do and if SeaWorld can do it on that busy of a day, so can Disney.

Comparing Disney to Sea World doesn’t work the second you compare attendance numbers. Volume plays a big role here too. And yes, the bathrooms aren’t perfect but they’re never the big steamy pile of dirty baby diapers that this thread is making them out to be. I personally think they do a pretty good job given the logistical nightmare it must be to manage it.

Comparing Disney to Sea World doesn’t work the second you compare attendance numbers. Volume plays a big role here too. And yes, the bathrooms aren’t perfect but they’re never the big steamy pile of baby diapers that this thread is making them out to be. I personally think they do a pretty good job given the logistical nightmare it must be to manage it.
Sorry, I have seen the big steamy pile of baby diapers at Disney World and I do think it is perfectly fair to compare due to number of employees vs guests they have actually being fewer employees per guest than Disney has Cast Members per guest. Yes, I expect Disney World's bathrooms to be clean and in good repair at all times, again, Disneyland does a pretty good job at this as well, there is no reason Disney World can't have more cast members there and making sure this is done.

Sorry, I have seen the big steamy pile of baby diapers at Disney World and I do think it is perfectly fair to compare due to number of employees vs guests they have actually being fewer employees per guest than Disney has Cast Members per guest. Yes, I expect Disney World's bathrooms to be clean and in good repair at all times, again, Disneyland does a pretty good job at this as well, there is no reason Disney World can't have more cast members there and making sure this is done.

I’m not sure what you’re picturing but I’ve been to DW 3 times so far in the last year, all different seasons, and the worst thing I’ve seen in a bathroom is some paper towels on the floor. Not sure where you’re going that you see “disrepair”. More times than not I’m impressed by their bathrooms. Like I said, sometimes they’re not perfect, but their not nearly as bad as all this whining makes them sound like. And clearly you’ve never managed people or logistics if you don’t think volume plays a role. Sorry we have different opinions :)

Also, DL is much smaller. Once again, volume.

I have literally seen the trash cans overflowing with dirty diapers (and this is in the men's room), half of the hand dryers not working, no paper towels in the dispensers, clogged toilets, paper and other stuff on the floors. And this would be on a day that I would say the crowds were around a 4/10 at Disney World. And this was all in the same restroom at the same time with similar issues throughout the day. One day, I had to go to three restrooms before I could find a stall that wasn't clogged (literally), but that one was on more of an 8/10 day crowd wise.

I personally call that pretty bad, no volume shouldn't be playing a role, as you have more restrooms at Disney World than at Sea World, which means more staff should be available to ensure they are always clean, bottom line is if 1 person cleans two bathrooms at Sea World, then 1 person should clean 2 bathrooms at Disney World, not complicated to ensure adequate staffing to keep restrooms clean and in good repair.

Sorry, I have seen the big steamy pile of baby diapers at Disney World

I have literally seen the trash cans overflowing with dirty diapers (and this is in the men's room)

Wow, didn't know that many more men changed baby diapers at Disney vs. women! I have never observed steamy piles, nor overflowing trash cans with diapers in the ladies rooms at Disney in the last 48 years!! If I happened upon a scenario that gross I would probably never want to return!! :rolleyes1

Wow, didn't know that many more men changed baby diapers at Disney vs. women! I have never observed steamy piles, nor overflowing trash cans with diapers in the ladies rooms at Disney in the last 48 years!! If I happened upon a scenario that gross I would probably never want to return!! :rolleyes1
There were an unusually large number of what appeared to be single fathers that day, not sure why and I can't blame them, they did the best they could, the cans were all just full. I said something can came to find out that the restrooms were only being checked every 2 to 3 hours that day due to staffing issues. Obviously that is nowhere near enough.

If you're on Twitter isn't their a way to tag WDW if you tweet a complaint about the bathrooms? I recall Pete saying he did this on th show once and WDW hopped righ ton it.

I don’t question you at all because I’ve seen, as most, bathrooms in bad condition...seems like a year or two ago was particularly bad. I’m here right now, which is probably slightly busier than your visit, and the bathrooms I’ve been in have been in very good shape. I’m 56 male ...so I’ve been in a few ;). If there is a bad bathroom lately I think it may just be related to a short term worker shortage of some kind. Let’s face it ...a Disney bathroom could go from neat to nightmare in less than 30-minutes. But all seems well this week....

I don’t question you at all because I’ve seen, as most, bathrooms in bad condition...seems like a year or two ago was particularly bad. I’m here right now, which is probably slightly busier than your visit, and the bathrooms I’ve been in have been in very good shape. I’m 56 male ...so I’ve been in a few ;). If there is a bad bathroom lately I think it may just be related to a short term worker shortage of some kind. Let’s face it ...a Disney bathroom could go from neat to nightmare in less than 30-minutes. But all seems well this week....
Have a magical visit, @GAN. Please think of me when you see the Partners statue. :)

I did encounter multiple bathrooms that smelled of horrible dirty diapers when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter