Filthy Bathrooms!

I experienced a filthy bathroom at the Ticket and tranportation center that scarred my corneas. There was also the filthy frozen bathroom at Epcot. I think that some bathrooms at Disney require a full time custodial cm there.

Okay so I am being slightly sarcastic but for the money you pay to get into park, the bathrooms should be clean.

some bathrooms at Disney require a full time custodial cm there
I agree completely. Disney World is a BUSY place. A bathroom in a high traffic area probably gets used by hundreds of people per hour, plenty to necessitate and warrant having a CM who does nothing but clean that location. And to be fair, I have been in Disney bathrooms that appeared to have a CM stationed there. That just needs to be the norm for many of their in-park bathrooms. Even some of the hotel bathrooms need it. The mens room at the Poly (near Captain Cooks and Trader Sams) always seems to have a CM in it and I'm sure that doesn't get anywhere near the volume of traffic as the in-park bathrooms.

Does anyone think that this is blown way out of proportion? Perhaps everyone has their own experience but I’ve never seen a WDE bathroom that I thought was absolutely disgusting
I don't think it's blown out of proportion at all.

Years ago, Disney was CLEAN. The bathrooms, the walkways, the restaurants, the rides, all of it. Today, the bathrooms just aren't. I see trash in the bushes. I see trash on the rides. Vehicles are dirty. Have you ever seen the parking tram pictures Kathy posts (and I've seen them myself plenty of times). Disney used to care and keep up with all of that stuff. They used to repaint things EVERY NIGHT. Those days are long gone.

We noticed this on our January 2015 trip, particularly in Animal Kingdom. During our April 2016 trip, everything seemed much cleaner :confused3 I agree that for what a family spends to go to Disney, the parks should be appropriately staffed to be cleaned!

I don't think it's blown out of proportion at all.

Years ago, Disney was CLEAN. The bathrooms, the walkways, the restaurants, the rides, all of it. Today, the bathrooms just aren't. I see trash in the bushes. I see trash on the rides. Vehicles are dirty. Have you ever seen the parking tram pictures Kathy posts (and I've seen them myself plenty of times). Disney used to care and keep up with all of that stuff. They used to repaint things EVERY NIGHT. Those days are long gone.
I think it depends. I visit at least every year if not 2-3 times a year. There have been times there are dirty bathrooms and trash. Then there are plenty of times there aren’t. I think crowds certainly play a factor. I think training/cuts play a factor. This isn’t just a one reason thing and it’s not across the board.

In Disney’s defense they still do a lot overnight but the parks are more crowded and bigger than ever. The issue there I think is less staffing or less hours for their staff.

I think it depends. I visit at least every year if not 2-3 times a year. There have been times there are dirty bathrooms and trash. Then there are plenty of times there aren’t. I think crowds certainly play a factor. I think training/cuts play a factor. This isn’t just a one reason thing and it’s not across the board.

In Disney’s defense they still do a lot overnight but the parks are more crowded and bigger than ever. The issue there I think is less staffing or less hours for their staff.
I agree with you 100%. It's not all the time and everywhere and the crowds and growth of the resort are very much behind it, but so is training and reduced staffing. I think in many ways Disney is a victim of their own success.

WDW parks are all top 5 attended in the US. San Diego is 19th in the US so a bit different in terms of crowds they have to deal with.
Not if you count employees/cast members per guest, then they are on par with each other. And that really is the number that matters, along with crowd density and honestly Sea World often has more sense crowds due to the nature of the parks and even when crowds are at their worst (i.e. after the Orca show), cleanliness is still near perfect. Seriously, you are talking three FOTLK shows worth of people at once hitting restrooms, etc.

Have you seen the restrooms right after a show at AK?

So, no, I won't let Disney off the hook that easily, sorry, they can do far better than they are doing.

Not if you count employees/cast members per guest, then they are on par with each other. And that really is the number that matters, along with crowd density and honestly Sea World often has more sense crowds due to the nature of the parks and even when crowds are at their worst (i.e. after the Orca show), cleanliness is still near perfect. Seriously, you are talking three FOTLK shows worth of people at once hitting restrooms, etc.

Have you seen the restrooms right after a show at AK?

So, no, I won't let Disney off the hook that easily, sorry, they can do far better than they are doing.
I never said Disney couldn't do better. I said that specifically above.

We were there last week and I did notice that the Rapunzel bathroom at MK was pretty gross every time we went there. Clogged toilets, paper all over the floor, feces on toilets, blood on the wall, etc. Maybe it's the high volume of people constantly using that bathroom?

And at the same time, we visited a lot of other bathrooms countless times and I don't remember any other bathroom being filthy. Most were actually very clean.

Nobody is perfect not even SeaWorld. I am sure from time to time even SeaWorld has a full trash can or dirty bathroom they don't get to in ample time. It happens. I specifically said Disney can and should do better but with crowds at Disney the way they are no they cannot be perfect.
I have gone even on the busiest of days and have yet to find a pieces of trash on the ground for more than about a minute (aside from after a show, as they wait until everyone has left to clean), let a lone a dirty bathroom or full trash can at SeaWorld. Seriously they are one of the cleanest parks I have ever seen (Disneyland Tokyo apparently ranks up there as well, but I haven't been there yet).

If you're on Twitter isn't their a way to tag WDW if you tweet a complaint about the bathrooms? I recall Pete saying he did this on th show once and WDW hopped righ ton it.

Take a picture or just send a tweet to @WDWtoday
I did one time and received a reply within a few hours to take care of the situation.

Reactions: GAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts