Final Payment date for WDTC uk bookings

ButterbearUK

Mouseketeer
I know that WDW have changed the final payment due dates for US bookings, but is anyone aware of WDTC UK changing the date that final payments are due? We have a holiday booked in October, final payment date on the invoice is mid August, but we won’t know by then whether we can travel or not so I’m hoping they have pushed final payment closer to arrival date.

I was told it hadn't changed when mine was due in July. They said that it was only applicable before the parks reopened. So if you don't know yet by the due date, you'll have to pay. At least they're fast at refunding if you end up cancelling. I got mine in 3 days, but the deposit took a little longer.

THINK

You will NOT be allowed enter THE USA

Forget the Disney side of things ..... CHECK your Travel arrangements AND READ what it

says about Your ESTA

We can’t enter the country so with no sign of borders opening or infections and death rates still high we contacted Disney yesterday by email to cancel our booking for hotel and park tickets. It will take 15 working days before they look at it! Our balance due date is 6th so I’m hoping they read the email before then since the staff in the phones were completely unhelpful. We no longer want to keep the booking. We want our money back since we can’t get there due to their border controls stating we can’t enter. Only USA residents can still go over the borders.

Disney are
I think we may be cancelling then. Sad times. Will probably lose our deposit too...
Disney will refund the deposit, I got mine in three days, cancelled on Saturday and refunded on Tuesday.

I wouldn't go to the States any time soon tbh, not just Covid-19, but, with all the protests and then the election, which isn't going to be a good time to go if the Republicans nominate Donnie again (I don't reckon they will) I certainly wouldn't go before next spring, I'm not planning to go again until next October or November and I may even do Tokyo and Hong Kong in one trip instead.

THINK

Forget the Disney side of things ..... CHECK your Travel arrangements AND READ what it

says about Your ESTA

I saw you post this before and someone came back to you on it.

If it would be great if you could point people in the right direction with some screenshots, as not everyone is up to speed on the ESTA site given that we only usually log in every 2 years :)

We can’t enter the country so with no sign of borders opening or infections and death rates still high we contacted Disney yesterday by email to cancel our booking for hotel and park tickets. It will take 15 working days before they look at it! Our balance due date is 6th so I’m hoping they read the email before then since the staff in the phones were completely unhelpful. We no longer want to keep the booking. We want our money back since we can’t get there due to their border controls stating we can’t enter. Only USA residents can still go over the borders.

My refund came back really quickly, fingers crossed for you!

I saw you post this before and someone came back to you on it.

If it would be great if you could point people in the right direction with some screenshots, as not everyone is up to speed on the ESTA site given that we only usually log in every 2 years :)

It's on the main landing page https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/, however what it says is irrelevant really. It says that if you attempt to enter the USA while they are disallowing entry, your ESTA will be cancelled. But you can't get in anyway. It's being misinterpreted that ESTAs are being cancelled automatically. They aren't. However, some people have said that entering Advance Passenger Information on an airline booking may be seen as an attempt to enter the USA. So my instinct as always if you've got a holiday planned is just to sit tight and do nothing until it's cancelled by the operator or restrictions are lifted, unless you want to cancel voluntarily first. But when restrictions are lifted and your holiday is going ahead or you're about to book a new one, do check the validity of your ESTA just in case something has triggered its cancellation. This is my interpretation.

It's on the main landing page https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/, however what it says is irrelevant really. It says that if you attempt to enter the USA while they are disallowing entry, your ESTA will be cancelled. But you can't get in anyway. It's being misinterpreted that ESTAs are being cancelled automatically. They aren't. However, some people have said that entering Advance Passenger Information on an airline booking may be seen as an attempt to enter the USA. So my instinct as always if you've got a holiday planned is just to sit tight and do nothing until it's cancelled by the operator or restrictions are lifted, unless you want to cancel voluntarily first. But when restrictions are lifted and your holiday is going ahead or you're about to book a new one, do check the validity of your ESTA just in case something has triggered its cancellation. This is my interpretation.
That sounds about right!

I wouldn't normally put API in till quite late on anyway.

THINK

says about Your ESTA

We don’t even have estas at present, and cannot currently apply for one. Obviously we will not be attempting to travel if the bans are still in place. That would be stupid. But the difficulty at the moment is knowing what the two governments are going to do. It would be far simpler if one or both would just be plain and say “no travel in 2020”. The problem for us is that final payment dates are approaching with no certainty either way, but we know for sure that if the bans are lifted and we’ve cancelled the portions of our holiday that we can get refunded (Disney direct booking and tickets, airmiles flights etc), the bits that we cannot cancel if travel is possible (DVC rental, no air miles flights) will cost us around £2000 and we probably wouldn’t be able to reinstate the bits we had cancelled to be able to go. David’s have said that if we are not permitted to travel they will give us a credit note, but they will not do so until a month before travel dates.

Interestingly, WDTC replied to my email this morning saying that our final payment date has been put back to early September, so that’s good.

I think we may be cancelling then. Sad times. Will probably lose our deposit too...

I believe you can change your trip free of charge currently so if you have an alternative date that might be a good option. You should however also be able to get your deposit back if you cancel. I moved my September one to next January as had $300 gift card on there

I believe you can change your trip free of charge currently so if you have an alternative date that might be a good option. You should however also be able to get your deposit back if you cancel. I moved my September one to next January as had $300 gift card on there
Thanks. Our alternative date would be October next year, which isn’t bookable at the moment I don’t think. And we wouldn’t want to be there with the crowds for the anniversary anyway so will probably just seek a refund. Going to wait until the sept date and see what is going on then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!