Final Payment Using Disney Chase Visa

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
Our final payment date is approaching and I am hoping to take advantage of the Chase 0% financing for the first time. Is there anything special I need to know to make sure that the payment is processed in a way that allows me to take advantage of the financing? I've read that I might need to split the payment into 2 pieces because it is over $10,000.

I also booked through DU and will be submitting my payment through them. Not sure if that complicates things.

Thanks!

ABD should show up on your statement as a Disney expense and then should automatically get the higher percentage of cashback and also qualify for the 6 month financing. The thing to know about that is that you have to make sure to leave that amount unpaid on your statement for each month. Which I'm sure is easy if that's all you use your card for, but I use mine for just about everything, and it took a little math to figure out how much I owed each month.

I booked through a travel agent (not DU) and it still cam through as a Disney charge. I have had to split payments for my more expensive trips, but that is due to my credit limit and the fact that I use the card for other expenses as well. I'm not sure how much you can charge at once.

Thank you. That is super helpful. I thought that people were splitting the payments because there was some cap on how much you could finance. But if the issue is credit limits, then we should be fine. I'm planning not to put anything else on the card during the 6 month financing period to make it easy for me to figure out the bill, so credit limit shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you. That is super helpful. I thought that people were splitting the payments because there was some cap on how much you could finance. But if the issue is credit limits, then we should be fine. I'm planning not to put anything else on the card during the 6 month financing period to make it easy for me to figure out the bill, so credit limit shouldn't be an issue.
I believe there *is* a per-transaction limit for the 0% interest, I'm just not sure what the limit is.

Sayhello

ETA: Well, I've looked through the Cardmember agreement for the Disney Visa, and I don't see a mention of a limit there. They may have removed that. However, if you're really counting on the 0% interest rate, I'd call Chase and verify with them, because otherwise you won't know until the charge hits your card.

Last edited:

I guess I had better call Chase. The terms and conditions regarding the financing don't seem to be online.

You will need to break it up into 2 payments if it's over $10,000. We learned that the hard way! It's a great program if you do that. Travel Agent should not make a difference.

I also booked through DU and will be submitting my payment through them. Not sure if that complicates things.
Booking through DU will not affect this. DU simply passes your CC info to Disney. As far as Chase is concerned the transaction is between you and Disney directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter