Final Touches in Booking-HELP!

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
Let me first state..I solemnly swear I will never let 6 years lapse between my cruises. EVER.

Second, thank you to all of you that have given me guidance and support in getting back into the culture of cruising. Your help has made all of the difference in my putting this together.

Now, for my questions...

We have an early dining...What time will we be eating breakfast on the morning we leave? With that...we are planning on using Florida Tours...What time should be plan on having them pick us up?

What is the going rate for tips these days? It's a 3 day cruise...

Thank you again...

Let me first state..I solemnly swear I will never let 6 years lapse between my cruises. EVER.

Second, thank you to all of you that have given me guidance and support in getting back into the culture of cruising. Your help has made all of the difference in my putting this together.

Now, for my questions...

We have an early dining...What time will we be eating breakfast on the morning we leave? With that...we are planning on using Florida Tours...What time should be plan on having them pick us up?

What is the going rate for tips these days? It's a 3 day cruise...

Thank you again...

My breakfast was at 6:45. 12 dollar a day a person for tips.four for stateroom host. Four for server. Three for asst server and one for head server. You have to be out your stateroom at 8. Cabanas will also be open for breakfast probably 6:30 to 8:30. If headed to cabanas ask your head server about the times for breakfast for cabanas.leave your luggage in your room lots of newbies take their luggage with them. Just remember you have to be out of your room by 8

Last edited:
RE: Tipping. DCL seems to be at or near the bottom of the daily gratuity rate. Carnival and another line is in the low $13's per day. Royal Caribbean is increasing the recommended daily rate to $14.50 per day. They have been aggressive in raising gratuities over the past several years. I wonder if they are taking a cut of these gratuities? :scratchin

as far as gratuities for your driver - When I use a private car for work, I tip 18% to 20%... whatever "math" works out easiest :teeth:

RE: Tipping. DCL seems to be at or near the bottom of the daily gratuity rate. Carnival and another line is in the low $13's per day. Royal Caribbean is increasing the recommended daily rate to $14.50 per day. They have been aggressive in raising gratuities over the past several years. I wonder if they are taking a cut of these gratuities? :scratchin

as far as gratuities for your driver - When I use a private car for work, I tip 18% to 20%... whatever "math" works out easiest :teeth:

DCL hasn’t had a pay raise in a lot of years in tip positions.

So, if I book my car for 8:15 I should be all set--yes?

Interesting that DCL hasn't increased their wages for a lot of years for tip positions. We always tip well at the end of the trip and have always had a great service.

So, if I book my car for 8:15 I should be all set--yes?

Interesting that DCL hasn't increased their wages for a lot of years for tip positions. We always tip well at the end of the trip and have always had a great service.
While it's quite possible to be off the ship by 8:15, that seems a bit early (to me).

Disney makes it up by charging 2 to 3 times fares for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter