FINALLY Chillaxin' with the Mouse! August 2010 PTR! UPDATE 5/16

Sweet! EMH MK for Aug 20! Looks like the miniDismeet has turned into a much bigger Dismeet with so many of us being there on that night!

Maybe we'll catch each other the day before when you come visit Pop! I'll be waking up late and doing some resort hopping that day

On the 19th, I've planned to go to Epcot. but it looks like you're already planned for two days there.

I wasn't aware of a mini Dismeet going on...I suppose I'll come across a lot of green mickey heads that night! :)

Maybe we will! I'll probably be either at the food court/gift shop or by the 50's section, as that's where I stayed last time. :goodvibes

Your schedule looks great! :thumbsup2 During your DTD visit you could try the Characters in Flight hot air balloon. Caitlin and her dad did it last year and they loved it!

Ah! I hadn't even thought of the balloon, but the view looks spectacular from the pictures I've seen! I'll see if I can talk the old man into trying it out. ;)

I had the night off tonight and of course that means I've had my nose in the Disney books all evening! :goodvibes

I've got my ADRs basically in place, though I may try to add one here and there. Now I've been combing through the different CS places I'd like to check out while there. Most of them are for the food, but admittedly some are for the theming...I know I won't be able to eat at all of them, but boy I can try! And now, I present to you...

My Quick Service Wish List!

MAGIC KINGDOM:

Pinocchio Village Haus - Just hear of folks visiting all the time and would like to stop in at some point!

Pecos Bill Cafe - A lot of people say it's their favorite!

Columbia Harbour House - Again, seems to be a big favorite and people say good things about the food here...

Casey's Corner - It looks like it would be cool theming and I want to try some corn dog nuggets!

Main Street Bakery - NUMBER ONE on my overall list, I would love to have a delicious breakfast here one morning!

EPCOT:

Sunshine Seasons - I've actually eaten here back in 2007. Had a good experience and it's conveniently located, so hope to try it out again.

Electric Umbrella - Just want to check it out.

Tangierine Cafe - The exotic food here is right up my family's alley! Would love to try the falafel and report back to my sister...tell her if it's better than the stuff at Falafel King in Boston! :cool1:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:

Starring Rolls Cafe - I just love me some baked goods. Do they have the butterfinger muffin here? They must...

Pizza Planet - I confess...it's really just because I love Toy Story. I've heard meh things about this place, but I'm REALLY not picky about food or the quality of food. It has to taste pretty darn bad for me to not deal with it. So I'd like to take a step in there and maybe nibble on some pizza. We'll see!

ANIMAL KINGDOM:

Pizzafari - Again, we ate here in 2007 but would love to go back again! It was one of our favorite CS experiences, very relaxing, the food was fine and we got Disney Conservation Club buttons, which I still have! :)

Restaurantosaurus - The theme just sounds fun!

DOWNTOWN DISNEY:

Earl of Sandwich - Everyone goes on and on about this place and I never turn down a good sandwich.

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain - I love soda fountains and I think I went to a Ghirardelli's in New York? Or maybe LA...I can't remember, I just remember that I enjoyed it.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - I like Wolfgang Puck and people say this place is tasty!

Goofy's Candy Co - I know it's not a CS, but I'll be eating enough there to count it as a meal. ;)

RESORTS:

Everything Pop! at Pop Century - Ate here when I stayed at POP in 2007. Just want to eat here again to bring back good old memories...and try the tie dye cheesecake that I never tried!

Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary - I'm sure I'll eat here just because I'm staying at CR! :woohoo:

Beaches and Cream at Beach Club - The ice cream there looks SO good and I love that old diner feel...my favorite kind of restaurant! A close second on my overall list.

Everything bolded is the stuff I absolutely MUST try and will try very hard to get to. If there's any place you think I overlooked and MUST try feel free to say so... or if you really think it's your duty to talk me out of something. :thumbsup2 I'm open minded!

Oooh! Maybe I'll catch you at the Everything Pop foodcourt when I arrive. I plan to make a stop there to pick up a mug and maybe a drink before I head to Epcot.

Hey Caroline, great PTR! My name is Audrey, I am from MA as well. (south of Boston though) We are heading down 8/16-8/30. I was reading your itinerary and we are doing some of the same things the same days :cool1: so of course I think you have a great plan! There will definitely be fireworks on the 20th.....we have a Pirates and Pals Voyage fireworks cruise booked for it. And then we are headed over to MK for the late emh as well. Also on the Saturday we are having lunch at T-Rex. I think you may have inspired me to do a PTR...........we'll see :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter