Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

DO IT ALL! ALL FOUR PARKS! IN ONE DAY!

I would love to try this one day!! And a solo trip does seem like a good opportunity....buuuut....the cost of adding the park hopper to a 2 day ticket is a bit steep....

Minnie Van = $$$$. Uber or Lyft = $.

Oh...well that's a bummer. Really the Minnie Vans are more than regular Uber?? Of course they are :((

You know my advice - there's no bad choices when you're at Disney!

Very wise words!!

Found it a bit late, but I'm following along!

Hey welcome and thanks for following!!

I would love to try this one day!! And a solo trip does seem like a good opportunity....buuuut....the cost of adding the park hopper to a 2 day ticket is a bit steep....

DO IT!!!!!!

(I love spending other people’s money.)

Oh...well that's a bummer. Really the Minnie Vans are more than regular Uber?? Of course they are :((

Uber $5-10
Minnie van $25 and going up.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season so far! We had a different but mostly good Christmas vacation in Salt Lake City visiting my son who is in school there. It's actually a really beautiful city (anyone who'd like to see pics from that...friend me on FB Katherine Cunningham McPherson) Every time I try to post pics here I lose patience lol But beautiful mountains all around and just a bit of snow, but not too cold...so if you have to be somewhere wintery for Christmas...it's not bad lol.

Now we are at my parents' place in South Florida (sadly too far away to do Disney...and I don't really feel like battling those crowds anyway (at least that's what I tell myself so I don't try to rationalize driving up there 3 1/2 hours each way just to get a fix lol) I plan to sit on my butt and eat loads of American junk food in between Trader Joe's salads :))

On to Disney planning...

I booked my FP+ but as usual am considering tinkering with them...but here's what I got:

For Feb 20, my MK day, I got Pirates, Peter Pan and Buzz for the morning. Then hoping to get whatever I can after that...

For Feb 21, I will be going to EP in the afternoon, after the race expo in the morning, so starting at 3pm I got SE, Nemo and FEA. I know you don't really need one for Nemo, and I would have liked to get Soarin' too, but the damn tiers!! So my rationale was that it's more likely to be able to get on Soarin' without an FP with a reasonable wait time than FEA?? Is that true? Who knows...may have to rethink that one...also hope to hit up the Land and Figment while I'm there...

Other than that....since I will be solo I'm not making too many plans, but I'm thinking that I will just make a list of "want to try" things so that I can look at it when pondering what to do for a meal...so suggestions welcome...for the following:

Arrival day - give me your fave QS places either at a resort that would be relatively easy to get to from CBR or at DS

MK day - fave QS lunch places with different options other than burgers...leaning towards CHH because I like that tuna sandwich I think I got there, but open to ideas...

EP day - most likely will just do food booths....but open to fave QS ideas in WS as well..

Now going back to my lounger...

Hope everyone had a good holiday season so far! We had a different but mostly good Christmas vacation in Salt Lake City visiting my son who is in school there. It's actually a really beautiful city (anyone who'd like to see pics from that...friend me on FB Katherine Cunningham McPherson) Every time I try to post pics here I lose patience lol But beautiful mountains all around and just a bit of snow, but not too cold...so if you have to be somewhere wintery for Christmas...it's not bad lol.

Sounds beautiful! :)

Now we are at my parents' place in South Florida (sadly too far away to do Disney...and I don't really feel like battling those crowds anyway (at least that's what I tell myself so I don't try to rationalize driving up there 3 1/2 hours each way just to get a fix lol)

:lmao:

I've been looking around at reviews and such for all the QS options at DS...and the more I think about it, I think a lounge or easy QS might be the best options since I will be solo (unless anyone is there and wants to join me...)

I looked at the menus and I am torn between Jock Lindsey's, Polite Pig and DLuxe burger....they all have pros and cons...and I guess I will have to (gasp) wing it and see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes!!

I'm also considering trying to get a breakfast ADR for BOG on my MK day....just to get in the castle again...sigh...but with only one day there, I will probably opt for something quicker...like perhaps a pastry from one of the fabulous options in that area!!

I feel like I'm forgetting to plan something but with this being a solo trip there really isn't that much to plan now I've got my FP+. I guess I just have to figure out how ridiculously early I need to be at the race expo on the Thursday...it's the first day, but it's the only time I will be able to go...I'm thinking I may have to Uber rather than wait for busses because I don't think the first one will get me there as early as I'd like....

Thoughts?

I've been looking around at reviews and such for all the QS options at DS...and the more I think about it, I think a lounge or easy QS might be the best options since I will be solo (unless anyone is there and wants to join me...)

I looked at the menus and I am torn between Jock Lindsey's, Polite Pig and DLuxe burger....they all have pros and cons...and I guess I will have to (gasp) wing it and see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes!!

I'm also considering trying to get a breakfast ADR for BOG on my MK day....just to get in the castle again...sigh...but with only one day there, I will probably opt for something quicker...like perhaps a pastry from one of the fabulous options in that area!!

I feel like I'm forgetting to plan something but with this being a solo trip there really isn't that much to plan now I've got my FP+. I guess I just have to figure out how ridiculously early I need to be at the race expo on the Thursday...it's the first day, but it's the only time I will be able to go...I'm thinking I may have to Uber rather than wait for busses because I don't think the first one will get me there as early as I'd like....

Thoughts?
No real thoughts, sorry (this is very common for me. ;))
I've been to Jock Lindsey's and really like the ambiance there. I really want to try DLuxe some day, so that would be my choice, probably. But I'm a burger nut, so... The Polite Pig... I don't know enough about it to say one way or another. Although, the name appeals! :laughing:

I vote for Dluxe Burger! (Although Josh likes Polite Pig too so if you like BBQ he says it's good).

Friday Feb 22 - Princess 5K race day - I don't even want to think about what time I will have to set an alarm for on this day. Middle of the night. Anyway, because I am slow as heck I will be in one of the later corrals so maybe I won't have to be there quite as early, but still, not a lot of sleep in the works. I hope to get to the race, finish and then get back to the CBR at a reasonable time. I'm trying to make a 1pm Greyhound but that will take me down to FLL for a cruise. It's gonna suck having to rush back, shower and leave...but what can you do.

Hiya! Just chiming in to offer a little advice for race day! You'll want to get to the start area between 4:30-5 a.m. (I'd say 5 a.m. at the LATEST), just to make sure you're there and get the whole experience in a fun way without any stress!

The first corral starts at 5:30 a.m., and the last corral will start by 6 a.m.-ish (Princess in 2016 was slightly delayed at the start because of a major Disney transportation backup, but this timeframe is generally consistent). So, you'll start your run by 6! The course is only open for 95 total minutes - there will be bike people behind the very last runner to start monitoring time and they will move runners that fall behind this pacing up to the finish line to finish - and the character lines will be stopped and characters pulled in a rolling fashion 95 minutes after the race starts. So, you'll be done with the race by 7:30 or so! And the finish line celebration area closes around 8:30 a.m. ... back to your hotel around 9-9:15 at the latest! I think that's plenty of time!

Good luck and have fun! The RunDisney 5Ks are always such a blast and everyone gets really creative with costumes - especially during Princess weekend.

Other than that....since I will be solo I'm not making too many plans, but I'm thinking that I will just make a list of "want to try" things so that I can look at it when pondering what to do for a meal
That's an excellent idea! I should do that for my next solo trip :thumbsup2

leaning towards CHH because I like that tuna sandwich
Yum! This is one of my fave CS meals at MK.

Now we are at my parents' place in South Florida (sadly too far away to do Disney...and I don't really feel like battling those crowds anyway (at least that's what I tell myself so I don't try to rationalize driving up there 3 1/2 hours each way just to get a fix lol) I plan to sit on my butt and eat loads of American junk food in between Trader Joe's salads :))
I've been following you on IG so appreciate how lovely your current view is. Glad you had some time with your boy too.:hug:

Other than that....since I will be solo I'm not making too many plans, but I'm thinking that I will just make a list of "want to try" things so that I can look at it when pondering what to do for a meal...so suggestions welcome...for the following:
Mmmmm, well I would definitely put the Cheshire Cat tail on your must try list if you like chocolate. It was delish!

I think a lounge or easy QS might be the best options since I will be solo (unless anyone is there and wants to join me...)
Don't I wish I could run away to Disney in February. I am aiming for the Princess 5K next year for sure! Are you going in May? I really want to if our dollar gets better and I can find a decent flight.

The Polite Pig... I don't know enough about it to say one way or another. Although, the name appeals! :laughing:

I went there last time with my daughter and really liked it. But I always have that dilemma of wanting to either go back somewhere you have tried and liked, or wanting to try something new!!

I vote for Dluxe Burger! (Although Josh likes Polite Pig too so if you like BBQ he says it's good).

I do like BBQ and don't have it very often up here in the great white North...but Dluxe also looks awesome and I am indeed a burger fan!

And the finish line celebration area closes around 8:30 a.m. ... back to your hotel around 9-9:15 at the latest! I think that's plenty of time!

Good luck and have fun! The RunDisney 5Ks are always such a blast and everyone gets really creative with costumes - especially during Princess weekend.

Ok that's good to hear that I won't be too rushed even if I'm slow for the race! I will be early but I can't remember what corral I put myself it...still battling a knee injury though so I will be slow if not walking the entire thing..but that's ok...there for the pictures!!

I want to join you, and I will be excited to see what your mood is - I haven't been to any of those, but I'm willing to go to any of them!

Yay!!! Sounds good. We have to exchange cell phone numbers before we leave for our trips because that will make it easier to find each other!!

That's an excellent idea! I should do that for my next solo trip :thumbsup2

Yeah I like lists lol. I find it helps to have some ideas written down because I always blank when I actually have time to do something, even though I know there are loads of things I wanted to try!

Mmmmm, well I would definitely put the Cheshire Cat tail on your must try list if you like chocolate. It was delish!

OMG Yes! those look so good!! I may have to call one lunch lol

Don't I wish I could run away to Disney in February. I am aiming for the Princess 5K next year for sure! Are you going in May? I really want to if our dollar gets better and I can find a decent flight.

I can't go in May...sadly I have too much other travel going on this year...but actually I haven't talked about it here yet because it is a long way off, but I am actually planning a short trip to DL (as part of a longer road trip) for July this year!! I'm very excited about that - although it's likely to be nutso with Star Wars possibly opening around then...but I am sad not to get to see all the DISpeeps in person in May - that will be such an epic trip. I hope it happens again sometime when I can go. I can just imagine how fun it would be talking to all these Disney knowlegable people lol.

I went there last time with my daughter and really liked it. But I always have that dilemma of wanting to either go back somewhere you have tried and liked, or wanting to try something new!!

The struggle is real. ::yes::

Yeah I like lists lol. I find it helps to have some ideas written down because I always blank when I actually have time to do something, even though I know there are loads of things I wanted to try!
Yes! Me, too :laughing:

Hi Kathy! I'm here and will try to keep up. :) Going back to read see what I"ve missed. :hug:

Welcome and so nice to see you here!!! I'm not on here often enough either these days, I find it hard to get on the actual computer for DIS'ing...but now that the trip is coming up I need to get back into DIS mode lol

So I've been reading up on the food offerings at the EIFOTA which will be in its tail end when I get to WDW in Feb. There are as usual wayyyy too many things I want to try but doing my best to narrow it down to what I can consume...and not feel disgusting for the Princess 5K the next morning at a ridiculously early hour!!

My top pics are:

Warm brie
Melting snow cocktail
Trio of savoury croissant donuts
white chocolate figment puzzle
Popping bubbles cocktail
charcuterie platter

Among other delicious sounding things...oh and that new boozy kreme slushy thing from Norway

I saw something today about the Minnie and Mickey celebration character meet that is happening...who knows if it will still be there in Feb...and the chances of scoring an FP for it are probably slim...but I'm considering trading one of my other FP+ for it.... @DonnaBeeGood what do you think?

Other than that, not much has changed in the planning...this trip has probably the least amount of planning ever for me lol. I did get my race registration completed today and figured out my outfit for the Princess 5K. I'm going with a sort of Rapunzel look...which is pretty much just me in as much purple as I can find...and maybe will try to braid the hair or some such...but it's not nearly Tangled level hair lol

That's all for now folks!

There are as usual wayyyy too many things I want to try but doing my best to narrow it down to what I can consume...and not feel disgusting for the Princess 5K the next morning at a ridiculously early hour!!

ha! I can see how that might be a bit of a challenge.

Warm brie
Melting snow cocktail
Trio of savoury croissant donuts
white chocolate figment puzzle
Popping bubbles cocktail
charcuterie platter

that all sounds yummy!

I did get my race registration completed today and figured out my outfit for the Princess 5K.

yay!

I'm going with a sort of Rapunzel look...which is pretty much just me in as much purple as I can find...and maybe will try to braid the hair or some such...but it's not nearly Tangled level hair lol

cant wait to see your outfit! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!