Finally staying at Kaidani village and have queestion about Boma's.

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the few DVC resorts we have yet to stay at and are looking forward to it. I think our kids and grandkids will love it. We secured
a 2 bedroom savanna view. We are planning on treating all to Boma's our first night there, a Saturday and was wondering what others think about it. The two of us ate there but it was several years ago and can't remember that much about it. We will be a party of 6 with two being small kids who would live on chicken nuggets and mac and cheese if you let them. Tell me we will not be wasting our money by eating dinner there...smjj

they have mac and cheese and maybe nuggets. If your kids are 9 and under, then it's much less $ for them--$20 I think, vs. $45 for adults. We love Bomas. 10 years ago, we took our picky 3-4 yr olds with a poptop of spaghettios and Bomas said that was fine and didn't charge us. That was the only place I have every done that. You can view menus at allear.net. Also, there is an excellent community hall in K. It's somewhat hidden down a hallway. An adult has to stay (not a drop off), but there is a large balcony to sit on. They have games, crafts, etc. My kids, now teens, still spend many hours there.

Having great reviews we had high expectations several years ago eating there for the first time, but having a toddler, 3 teens (picky eaters) and our oldest (young adult) with us for that stay, it was one of the least enjoyed and more expensive meals that trip for what was no more than a glorified buffet with themed food. The atmosphere is nice opening into the lobby and bar area but IMHO the seating and tables came across as cafeteria style (in rows) which did not add to the enjoyment or overall atmosphere. All much more enjoyed the QS in Jambo (Mara) at less than 1/2 the cost for several meals after that. Just remember if DVC, Boma is one you can use your member card at for a discount at if doing.

I ate there last year and loved it! I'm a picky eater and I didn't think I would have lots of options but it was amazing!

Great place to eat. In my opinion you won't feel it's a waste of money. Part of the experience is the atmosphere, not just the food. Boma's is not in Kidani it is in Jambo so make sure to leave yourself enough time to get over there for your reservation.

Boma is my family's favorite restaurant. The selection is amazing! Everything from vegan to prime rib selections. We love the African foods that we don't get to see where we live. My daughter had her rehearsal dinner there. Everyone who came to the wedding still talks about the fantastic food and experience! The babies ate mac and cheese, fruit breads etc My kids loved it as teens.

I hope you enjoy.

I am not a fan of buffets as I don't feel like I can eat more than a single serving and are paying premium price. The atmosphere is dominated by noise that you hear at all of Disney's buffet restaurants but really seems extra loud at Boma, with lots of people rushing around. The food has a different flavor, the African seasoning and a lot of it is very good. I drool every time I think of the salmon. The kids get the traditional kids menu, but they can eat on the adult food too. They have great soups. But I am really disappointed in the desserts, the Zebra Domes can be great, if fresh, and some of the cookies, but much of it is sugary somewhat tasteless bites. Personally I would rather eat at Sanaa, but the kids will like Boma better especially if they are old enough to go to the buffet and get their own food.

Just so you will be in the know when you get to AKV, the restaurant name is actually Boma, not Boma's. A boma is a thing, not a person. It's an enclosure or protected area, like a fenced area within a camp.

Boma is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. They have lots of unusual dishes that you won't find anywhere else. For adventurous eaters there are lots of interesting things to enjoy. Picky eaters may be unhappy and think that everything tastes weird.

Like Denise, I don't feel I get my money's worth since I go through the buffet line only once, plus I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat any of the meat dishes or the salmon. I feel we get more for our money at Sanaa. But we still go to Boma every trip because it is unique. We don't find the noise to be a problem because we are a party of two and most of the tables for two are in the alcoves where it is a bit quieter.

WE love Boma, they definitely have Mac and Cheese as well as Chicken nuggets, we were just there this past December.... Food as well as some of the crazy soups are really good

Maybe I need to give Sanaa another look, thanks for all all the info. This is the one resort we have not stayed at and am looking
forward to it...smjj

We love Sanaa so much we often make special trips over to Kidani to eat there even if we're not staying at AKV...Boma not so much. We like it; certainly wouldn't refuse to eat there...it does have unique food offerings and an interesting, fun atmosphere...but nothing there beckons us to come back; it's rather hard to get into w/out significant pre-planning, and it's expensive for what you get (at least for us, who eat small-to-normal portions of food in any one sitting)...I've never quite understood the what seems to be very large "fan club" here on the Boards for Boma....but to each his own. As noted, we do like it--just not enough to make a point of getting back to it...

We tried it last year and have booked it for our upcoming trip. My DS a very picky eater loved the cod fish nuggets, we didn't see chicken nuggets. DH and myself loved it. DD not thrilled with offerings.

I'm one of the few dissenter I guess. Want to boma once. Food was ok and I love a variety of different food but I thught very disorganized, some of it cold and not very appetizing. It was very loud, crowded and overall unpleasant atmosphere. Also it was obvious they were very anxious to move tables quickly. We were done in 45 minutes and walked out thinking...wish we had gone to Jiko or Sanaa which we love much more for the food and the relaxing atmosphere. But I could have just had a bad experience.

Only ate there once, the food for the most part had a different taste due to the spices and it was loud, had trouble talking to DW and then they started beating drums!

I think that we prefer Cape May for a buffet.

:earsboy: Bill

We love Sanaa so much we often make special trips over to Kidani to eat there even if we're not staying at AKV...Boma not so much. We like it; certainly wouldn't refuse to eat there...it does have unique food offerings and an interesting, fun atmosphere...but nothing there beckons us to come back; it's rather hard to get into w/out significant pre-planning, and it's expensive for what you get (at least for us, who eat small-to-normal portions of food in any one sitting)...I've never quite understood the what seems to be very large "fan club" here on the Boards for Boma....but to each his own. As noted, we do like it--just not enough to make a point of getting back to it...
I think that sums it up for me, too. Only advantage of Boma over Sanaa is at least in theory the kids have more to pick from/you can hold the desserts out until they get enough real food.

Bruce

I took my 4yr old picky eater there and she loved it. She is picky in a more sophisticated way, so it was nice for her to be able to eat adult choices that appealed to her tastes.

there is some themed food to change it up a bit..but otherwise it is pretty much like all the other buffets..plenty of plain stuff..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!