Finally - walkway from Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom is coming?

Hello! Are there currently any ideas on when the bridge will be completed? Might make a difference in where we plan to stay on Spring break this year. Thanks so much!

I don't think anything has actually been announced but it seems to be moving ahead and I'm actually thinking it will be done before the end of the year.

We're planning a summer 2020 trip. This walkway might be a deciding factor. Hope it's done by then!

auroraborealis, way to crush all dreams of a bridge to MK. ha ha

HI, I'm new to this site so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, does anyone know if they are still working on the walkway from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom? If so, has a completion date been mentioned?

HI, I'm new to this site so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, does anyone know if they are still working on the walkway from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom? If so, has a completion date been mentioned?
Almost all construction has been on pause.

I believe that walkway was fully in place years ago before the canal cut through. I always thought it was silly how they bifurcated it years ago. Glad they seem to be making amends.

I believe that walkway was fully in place years ago before the canal cut through.
AFAIK, the canal has always been there. It's how the get the Liberty Bell in/out of the MK when it needs to go into dry dock.

AFAIK, the canal has always been there. It's how the get the Liberty Bell in/out of the MK when it needs to go into dry dock.

That's my recollection as well. It was otherwise pretty empty on that side of 7 Seas until they built GF and GF never had a walkway to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter