Find Coloring Pages, Puzzles, Travel Activity Sheets & More Here! Print All Free!

I did that, too. DS5 LOVED it, I made a couple for him, and a couple for DSnearly2. DS5 can read his by himself, and DS1 loves for me to read to him.

And I don't recall how quickly I learned to read when I was his age, but MY GOSH! In September he was identifying a letter by the sound it makes (ie. 'buh' instead of calling it 'bee', 'ssssss' instead of 'ess'), and six months later he was reading at a first grade level. He is one of the better readers in his class, but they are ALL reading on their own now, which just blows me away! I remember learning letters in kindergarten, but reading Dick and Jane books ("Look, Jane, look. See Dick run.") in 1st grade, and they're already beyond that. Kids are so amazing!!!

Stupid Search function...anyone find, say, a kids map of the route, so they can maybe mark off cities as we pass them? If it helps, we are taking 77 south to 95 south, from NE Ohio to WDW.

I know this isn't Disney, but....I just went to nickjr.com and they have lots of printables. If you go to Dora printables, there is a travel bingo game and a travel journal to print out.

I spent some time the other evening looking for printables. Looking at what I printed, here's one more. I don't think I can make a link, too new, so google abcteach.

Does anyone know of any activities like this for playing in the car, where you have to be looking for things along the road, etc? Signs, and stuff? Is there a Florida or WDW version?

Thanks so much

Thanks to all of you for these ideas and links! We are taking dd6 in June for the first time (for all of us)! She is so excited and this will make our trip a little easier (I hope!).

I posted a thread about this before I noticed this one. I came up with a game for the car that I thought I would share.

Yesterday, we were running errands and listening to Radio Disney (Like always!), and we must have heard Corbin Bleu's "Push It to the Limit" at least 5 times throughout the afternoon. My husband and I were joking that on our upcoming road trip to Disney we should keep a tally of what songs we hear and how many times we hear them on the 17 hour drive. That gave me a great idea; Radio Disney Bingo!!!! I went to the Radio Disney website, and copied down their list of the Top 30 songs. I made sure to include the songs that we hear all the time lately, like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I then did a search and found this site that generates bingo cards: http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/materials/bingo/ I plugged in the songs, and it prints out the card! I shuffled them around a few times, and took out a few songs and put in new ones, so now I have about 12 cards printed out, one for each of us for a total of 4 games. I figure it will take about an hour or so to play, listening for the songs on our cards, and marking them out when they are played. I will get some kind of treat to give to the winner, maybe food treats for DH and me, and Disney Dollars for DD. I think it will be fun, and hopefully help to pass the time, since DD can still read or play her video games while playing (during the songs and commercials).

I posted a thread about this before I noticed this one. I came up with a game for the car that I thought I would share.

Yesterday, we were running errands and listening to Radio Disney (Like always!), and we must have heard Corbin Bleu's "Push It to the Limit" at least 5 times throughout the afternoon. My husband and I were joking that on our upcoming road trip to Disney we should keep a tally of what songs we hear and how many times we hear them on the 17 hour drive. That gave me a great idea; Radio Disney Bingo!!!! I went to the Radio Disney website, and copied down their list of the Top 30 songs. I made sure to include the songs that we hear all the time lately, like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I then did a search and found this site that generates bingo cards: http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/materials/bingo/ I plugged in the songs, and it prints out the card! I shuffled them around a few times, and took out a few songs and put in new ones, so now I have about 12 cards printed out, one for each of us for a total of 4 games. I figure it will take about an hour or so to play, listening for the songs on our cards, and marking them out when they are played. I will get some kind of treat to give to the winner, maybe food treats for DH and me, and Disney Dollars for DD. I think it will be fun, and hopefully help to pass the time, since DD can still read or play her video games while playing (during the songs and commercials).

Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I always make personalized activity books for each child that we use at meals and around the parks. They are especially useful at the dinner table while we are waiting for our food or while waiting for parades or shows. I have tons and tons of things collected over the years but some of the best are activities that don't need a link.

Here are some simple ones for kids and adults. You could print them up and bind them (at an office supple place) or just print up a single sheets and pull them out of your bag as needed. These can be stopped and continued at a later time.

CROSSWORDS/SCRABBLE (1 or more players)
Use a piece of graph paper and select a topic like "Disney Treats and Eats" Disney Charcaters", "Disney Rides and Attractions", "Magic Kingdom", etc..... Link as many words that you can to fit the topic. You can play it like Scrabble & take turns or you can have a sheet for each player. For scoring, I make it very simple. The letters M, I, C, K, E, and Y are worth 3 points. All other vowels are 2 pts each and all other consonants are 1 pt each.

It will look something like this as the game goes on:

S
PLUTO
A
MICKEY
E

You could also just take plain graph paper with you and pick a topic when you need it without needing to print anything before you go.

MAKING WORDS (1 or more players)
Provide a simple sentence and let them make as many words as possible from the letters. Some favs are "Sue (use your child's name) found the Yeti!", "Small World Rocks!", "Mickey Likes Well-mannered Kids" etc.... The older kids enjoy funny sentences. An oldie but a goodie.

MAKING LISTS (1 or more players)
The possibilities are endless! Make lists of the sit-down restaurants, the rides & attractions in each park, animated Disney movies, Disney mountains (splash, space, .....), Disney treats from the ice cream cart, dolls in Small World, etc....

RIDE DESCRIPTIONS:
Draw and/or describe Expedition Everest, RnR, Great Movie ride, etc... This is actually a great memory tool. As they try to remember each turn, it brings back fun memories.

DESIGN YOU OWN RIDE OR ATTRACTION:
With a blank piece of paper, create an original design. Imagine the theming, characters, intensity, vehicles, etc....

TALLY OF EVENTS:
Pick something to look for before you leave for the day like red shoes, a smiling CM, someone wearing something with a Donald Duck on it, etc.... The family member who spots the most gets to pick the topic for the next day (or you can choose your own prize).

MATCHING PICTURES (great for pre-schoolers)
Copy FREE pic of Disney characters (clip-art is a good source) to match or cut out pics from a Disney catalog or other source. I like to copy vacation pics of the kids to match with a Disney pic of their fav ride or another pic of them at WDW. These can be used in two ways.
1) Paste them into two columns. Examples are Woody/Buzz, Mickey/Minnie, JoJo/Goliath, a Dalmation/Cruella, Nemo/Dory, etc..... The possibilities are endless. Your child can draw a line from one to the other to make a match.

If you have a copier at home, you can cut out the pics and lightly tape them onto a blank piece of paper, make a copy, then take them off and rearrange them for multiple worksheets.

2) Copy or paste one picture of the pair onto a blank piece of paper. Put the matching pics in a zip bag and pull them out to match with the paper. Can be an individual game or more than one playing.

PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT
This takes a lot of time to do but it can also take a lot of time & energy to play.

Copy, paste, and crop Disney pics or your own vacation pics so that the location or item is not easily recognizible. Be sure to make a master list because it is easy to forget what the pic is! The kids really like to see their own pics on this game.

DOT-TO-DOT SHEETS
Take any reproducible coloring sheet and use White-out to "erase" a part of the pic like Mickey's ears, Pooh's balloon, Lightening McQueen, etc... You can choose the level of difficulty based on your own child.

Use a marker to add dots for the outline and put numbers by each dot. For younger kids, I usually put a star by number 1 so that they know where to start. Make copies of the sheets once they are dotted and numbered.

PUZZLES
Cut up a photo of your child at WDW or a character pic and put the pieces in a zip bag. Them your child re-assemble the puzzle pieces.

Some of my ideas may seem corny but each family is different. Ours likes to have something to do and anything that involves thinking is useful. None of my kids enjoy coloring pages.

I'm going in September, and these are great ideas! I will be taking my kids for the second time DS7 and DD11. I am also going to be making a list of each of the states for the car ride down. I spy is always good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter