Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

courtneybeth

Boston Runnah - 2018
:welcome:

Greetings friends to the future as we:
“Find Your Own 'Directive' - The February Weight Loss and Life Style Change Challenge”

My name is @courtneybeth and I’ll be hosting this challenge along with the help of my friends Wall-E and Eve.

giphy.gif

Wall-E and Eve are from the 2008 Pixar movie, "Wall-e". If we can take cues from our adorable
robot co-hosts we learn that just because we are programmed for one function,
this does not mean that we are unable to adapt to learn new programming.

TRnh4j4.jpg

Your challenge this month: Find Your Own 'Directive!'

I send a big congrats to everyone finishing the January Challenge. We are off to an amazing start for
2016 - thanks to our coach @JacknSally. Once again I am following in your shoes and am
ready to embrace the challenge. I hope you all will embrace this challenge too :)

Welcome to your new home for the next 30 days. February may be the shortest month but will be big on fun!
Everyone is welcome to participate – whether you’re a returning friend or newbie.
Even if it's the middle of the month. Just jump in and get moving with your goal.
You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you!
We’re a positive bubble of pixie dust – all encouragement with no drama. pixiedust:

Once you set your goal for the month, you can check in as little or as much as you’d like.
All we need from you is a progress report before the Monday of the new week.
I’ll post your percentage progress report so you can see how you’re ranking with the rest of the group.
The more you put in, the more you’ll get out of it.

So what do we do in between weigh-ins?
Chat about Weight Watchers, DISNEY, MFP, fitbits, food, DISNEY, recipes, walking, progress reports, DISNEY, coaching moments, etc.
If this sounds fun then this place is for you! Nothing is off limits!

Get ready to break free from your programming and realize your full potential!
200.gif

This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Participating is EASY! All you need to do is decide on your goal (5 pounds off, 10% down, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%

100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Monday morning.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

NOTE: I am on the West Coast so daily posts / updates will be posted around 9-10am PST.

Hi everyone and welcome to the challenge. We will officially begin on Monday, February 1 -- so please sign up and reserve a spot.

You may introduce yourselves (if you'd like) before we begin, but I ask you hold off on posting your goal and plan until Day 1 --- as that may be the first discussion topic we have -- hint hint! :)

A big thank you to everyone who has signed up to participate so far. You have already taken the first step in your journey to finding your new Directive. February 29th may seem so far far away, but you'll be amazed at how many changes you'll make during the next month!

Our participant list has many returning friends and lots of new ones. WELCOME EVERYONE! In less than 24 hours we will begin and I am excited to guide you on this journey. For those who do not know me, I'm Courtney and I'll be your coach and cheerleader for this month. :cheer2: My weight-loss journey began in June 2014 when I attended a very close friends wedding. I was looking through the official photos and I couldn't believe that the very heavy woman in the teal dress was... me! Yikes! :sad:

I was 215 pounds - eating my feelings and in the midst of the lowest point in my life. (Lost a house, working in a place that didn't respect me nor my contributions, etc.) I realized that something had to immediately change because I couldn't go on as that person anymore. Over the next 18 months I lost 65 pounds, started a new job at a company that respected me and my contributions, and completed my MBA degree. While I reached my initial goal weight of 150 in December 2015, I took the month of January to 'wear the weight' and realized it wasn't for me... so now I'm out of maintenance mode and losing an additional 10-15 pounds.

(Specific goal and means to get there will be shared tomorrow as part of QTOD #1 :) )

As for me, I'm a married 32 yr old in Southern California - I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland. Hubs and I are Premier passholders so we head to Disneyland about once per week and Disney World about twice per year. We've eaten at nearly every restaurant between both coasts and tried almost everything on the menus - so if you ever need a Disney dining suggestion, you can always ask me :p

I look forward to cheering all of you on as you begin the next phase of your life style change. You are all amazing for taking this first step in your journey and I look forward to seeing some BIG results at the end of the month.

Hey friends! Count me in for February (as if there were any doubt)! I'll save the chit-chat for tomorrow when we get our first QOTD! Off to make a few last comments in the January thread! Thanks for hosting February Courtney! ............P

BTW.... fun fact....after the very first time, I've never made it through the entirety of Wall-E without falling asleep. Not sure what it is about this movie that makes me so sleepy!

Last edited:
Question of the Day - February 1
giphy.gif

Every Journey Begins With a Single Step

Today begins the first step towards your new self. Each month brings new opportunity - and so we climb out of our
proverbial floaty chairs and embrace what is ahead of us with both feet firmly planted on the ground.

What is your goal for the month? How will you achieve your goal?
Are there items that could interfere with your goal? How will you rise above this challenge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!