Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

Got the half done a little while ago!! I couldn't think of any other group I would want to celebrate with. Thank you so much for being a constant and amazing support base for me. You guys are the best!!!

FINAL TIME: 3:22:31
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I did it. I'm exhausted. I'm sore. But I am so so so happy. :thumbsup2

Congratulations and Hurray to you both party:

My Report is that I am 40% of my goal for February - It has been a wild ride lol I was there earlier in the month lost it back to 0% and am back at 40% again lol - I have definitely put some more effort in the past week and losing the PMS weight fluctuation helped - So while I didn't reach my actual goal I am happy that I have had a loss and am getting more active.

Well to round out the month, I counted up last week's walked mileage and I did it - I walked from my front door to Disney (the gate of Magic Kingdom). I started the "Walk to Disney" Challenge on this forum on July 19th and a mere 223 days later, I walked through the gate. Too bad my next trip isn't until June!

Well to round out the month, I counted up last week's walked mileage and I did it - I walked from my front door to Disney (the gate of Magic Kingdom). I started the "Walk to Disney" Challenge on this forum on July 19th and a mere 223 days later, I walked through the gate. Too bad my next trip isn't until June!

That's such a cool idea! Now I'm curious what the mileage would be from my house...

Good morning friends! I have just a minute to say hello before I must dash for work!

Just reporting my (lack of) progress for the month. Sadly, the number that I thought was FLUKE on Friday was the same on Saturday.... and Sunday..... and today. So I guess it isn't a fluke. So not only did I NOT make any progress in February, but I actually gained back some of what I lost in January. Totally discouraged and frustrated.... but hoping some preplanning for the week, my Fitbit AND making a HUGE effort to eat to my SP target EVERY DAY this week will help. (Lest you all think I went on a total pizza-and-cookie bender, this gain totals less than 3 pounds, so not exactly a disaster in the grand scheme of real life.)

Anyhow.... reporting a final number of 0% for February and praying that March is an improvement! Have a WONDERFUL LEAP DAY!!...........P

Got the half done a little while ago!! I couldn't think of any other group I would want to celebrate with. Thank you so much for being a constant and amazing support base for me. You guys are the best!!!

CONGRATS!! WOOOHOO!!.............P

Just checking in for the end of the month. February was not a good eating month for me - and certainly not a good scale month therefore either. I am even too scared to step on the scale currently. I think I will do so tomorrow to have a stat weight for March. BUT February was a good running month! I ran the second most kilometers within the last 24 months in a month. So that is pretty good! I am hoping that I can keep up this routine in March. Starting to run in the mornings definitely helped me a lot to get more consistent with my efforts. I also signed up for a 10k at the beginning of June, so I need to train for that as I would love to get a new personal record. I feel that if I start training now, I can certainly acchieve it!

Thank you very much @courtneybeth for the fantastic thread this month!!

See you all over there in the March thread!

REPORT : Gained 1 pound :(
1/4 pounds
25% of goal for the month

This just reinforces what I already knew - that mentally tracking my points does not work for me. I've been busy with husband 's surgery, appts, driving him, etc so I mentally tracked this week. I obviously didn't track accurately, probably having more " tastes, licks and bites" than I realized.

Bring on March! I am so done with this month and winter. Looking forward to wt loss next month.

And congratulations to our runners this weekend! So impressive!

FINAL TIME: 3:22:31
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I did it. I'm exhausted. I'm sore. But I am so so so happy. :thumbsup2

Congratulations Ladies! Well done:) Glad you both had great races! @flvy which half did you do?

Final check-in for February.

I ended up losing 13.5 lbs in February. My goal was 15 lbs which means I lost 90% of my goal. For the year I have now lost 30.5 lbs. Only 19.5 more lbs to 50!!!

I really enjoyed my first month on here and I'm looking forward to the March thread.

Congratulations to everyone that completed runs this past weekend!

Congratulations Ladies! Well done:) Glad you both had great races! @flvy which half did you do?

The Hyannis Marathon & Half Marathon (10k and relay as well). I would completely recommend it. It was beautiful, and the only real issue was the wind. Nothing like huge winds off the ocean, BUT you ran with some ocean views so it was well worth it.

It was so well run. I really enjoyed myself.

That's such a cool idea! Now I'm curious what the mileage would be from my house...

Also love this idea, but since I live in the upper left hand corner of the US, and WDW is in the lower right had corner it could take years... I think I'll calculate it out though. Congratulations on making your goal!

The Hyannis Marathon & Half Marathon (10k and relay as well). I would completely recommend it. It was beautiful, and the only real issue was the wind. Nothing like huge winds off the ocean, BUT you ran with some ocean views so it was well worth it.

It was so well run. I really enjoyed myself.

Thats great! Good to hear it was a well run race. I will have to put it on my list of possibilities for next year.

Reporting in with 0% for the month. And by that I mean I gained 5 lbs. The good news is ... this terrible month gave me a lot of opportunities to re-evaluate, and I know that I need to take a new approach in March. I'll talk more about that on the March thread, but I'm actually kinda glad that I had a terrible month because it forced me to look at myself and what I'm doing.

Congrats to all those who ended February at or near their goals! And for those who didn't ... take some time to think about what you need to change, what you want to keep, and of course, the NSVs you had this month!
I look forward to seeing everyone on the March thread tomorrow!

And, of course, thank you to @courtneybeth, Wall-E, and Eve for a great month!! I really enjoyed this month's theme and working towards finding a new directive!

February recap: the scale read 199.1 this morning! Wahoo! :flower1: Made my February goal and made one-derland!!! :daisy:

RE: the new pricing --- I got an AP for the first time last May because I knew I'd be going back in December and when I bought it, it saved me around $200... then I added a trip in October, and the pending trip in May makes the 4th, so I've gotten good value out of it. I know I'm going back this Oct, but will be sharing rooms with friends so that helps with the cost. But for 2017 I'm in the same frame on mind as so many others are... I'll be spending my vacation dollars elsewhere and it'll be a couple years before I plan on going back.

Oh to add to the QOTD: I discovered the ice cream martinis in France a couple trips ago, and now they are a must do (I know I've mentioned them a couple times already :)). I also like the frozen Minnie Strawberry Bars, but other than that I'm not a big Disney snacker... unless the sugar monster is in control then any and everything I can get my hands on will do.

Oh I'm at 0 by the way. No gain no loss and no idea how I managed that. I really need to take off the lbs though to be a better runner. I saw some of my potential yesterday and I need to get to it.

Question of the Day - February 29
giphy.gif

Reflection. Directives. Changes.

Great job to everyone who participated this month! Whether or not you hit your goal... the important thing
to remember is that you made great strides into changing your Directive! You've developed good habits
that will carry you forward to the March challenge.

Today's topic is to reflect on what you did or didn't do.
Start thinking of what you want to accomplish in March.

And head over there-- why are you guys still here? :P

I am at 76% of my goal for the month. I didn't come on to the WISH three times during the month and didn't report my food on SParkpeople only twice. My walking on the other hand was not very good. I am hoping to improve that during the month of March. Thanks for all the encouragement this month. See you on the March thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!